Nashua, New Hampshire Meet: Decemeber 5th, 2015
Dec 3, 2015 at 1:47 AM Post #151 of 195
  Hey so I'm new to the website, and coming across this I thought it would be a great chance to check out some gear and meet those with similar interests. I don't have much in terms of high-end gear as I'm just getting started (figuring out what I like best) is it okay to just bring myself and maybe a friend or is this not that sort of thing. Thanks and sorry if I misunderstood the event. 

Hi ThatAppleGuy,

Welcome to HeadFi! 

Yes, please come on Saturday and bring a friend!

See you there,

Vinnie

Dec 3, 2015 at 9:34 AM Post #153 of 195
Good day all, 

I am new to the forums (and NH). Mind if I stop by on Saturday? 

Please come!

Also there's no need to bring anything if you don't want to as far as gear, if I didn't make headphones I definitely would show up and just demo gear all day! So much easier that way!

Ofcourse bring anything you'd like to show off as well - it's all good.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Dec 3, 2015 at 10:02 AM Post #154 of 195

Bring whatever gear you'd like -- I'd focus on headphones you want to try on different amplifiers as well as what you consider to be your "best" set of head phones. Same goes for amps. Post back with that you decide and I'll add you to the gear list. :)

Awesome! I haven't heard the Sony's yet, although I'm told that they aren't too special...

Okay then:  This being my first meet, something tells me that it is advisable to travel "light": So how about me bringing just 2 of my cans:

The Hifiman He-6 and the Beyerdynamic T1.

I shall also have my Gustard H10 handy in case someone wants to buy it (shameless plug:  I bought it on Massdrop but it has never been used. I could let it go for $260, if someone is willing to pay cash.)

So I am definitely bringing along those 2 cans and the Gustard H10 amp.
On a side note, I have a question:  is it normally possible to find folks who are willing to do mild modding jobs at meets? I have two possible mods in mind:

1. retermination of my Beyerdynamic T1 cable with 4-pin balanced connectors.
2. Manual installation of the Amanero384 USB module in my Audiogd reference 5.32 DAC.

I understand that these two mods would require minimal soldering jobs, which I have never mustered the courage to try, although I have the soldering equipment and all the parts needed for the mods. If anyone going to the meet can help out, that would be very appreciated. Please PM me and let us work out some compensatory arrangement.  Thanks.

Dec 3, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #155 of 195
unfortunately, i need to switch my status from "maybe" to "no" -- very disappointing.  i look forward to attending the next new england meet!  i hope you all have a great time.

Dec 3, 2015 at 2:44 PM Post #156 of 195

Bring whatever gear you'd like -- I'd focus on headphones you want to try on different amplifiers as well as what you consider to be your "best" set of headphones. Same goes for amps. Post back with that you decide and I'll add you to the gear list. :)

Awesome! I haven't heard the Sony's yet, although I'm told that they aren't too special...

They really aren't unfortunately. Comfort wise they are sublime, sound wise they are pretty mediocre for the price.

I wrote some crap about it here: https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/3jnhbi/sony_mdrz7_extended_impressions_inside/

Dec 3, 2015 at 4:34 PM Post #157 of 195
Update on the loaner Bimby: FedEx is currently showing delivery scheduled by end-of-day Saturday. I just requested it to be held at a location on my way up to NH, so hopefully I can just pick up that morning.

Still trying to get an AudioZenith PMx2 to bring as well.

Dec 3, 2015 at 8:02 PM Post #158 of 195
If anyone within like a 45 minute radius of Boston needs a ride, my friends can't come so I really wouldn't mind if anyone wanted to split the rental I got the the day with me. It's a $40 car and I have at least 4 open seats.

Dec 3, 2015 at 11:07 PM Post #159 of 195
http://www.stereophile.com/content/nashua-nh-dealer-event-saturday-afternoon#GmcKuROBUf2lRHJB.97

Dec 4, 2015 at 1:07 AM Post #160 of 195
http://www.stereophile.com/content/nashua-nh-dealer-event-saturday-afternoon#GmcKuROBUf2lRHJB.97

Hopefully they will not play the speakers loud. That would suck.

Dec 4, 2015 at 5:32 AM Post #161 of 195
They have separate rooms they use.  At last year's meet, they did some speaker-based listening; and while it could be easily heard at various times, I don't think it interfered too much with the headphone listening (at least that was my impression).  If needed, they can close the doors for the sessions.

I have a feeling it'll be quite busy there!

Dec 4, 2015 at 8:48 AM Post #162 of 195
  Okay then:  This being my first meet, something tells me that it is advisable to travel "light": So how about me bringing just 2 of my cans:

The Hifiman He-6 and the Beyerdynamic T1.

I shall also have my Gustard H10 handy in case someone wants to buy it (shameless plug:  I bought it on Massdrop but it has never been used. I could let it go for $260, if someone is willing to pay cash.)

So I am definitely bringing along those 2 cans and the Gustard H10 amp.
On a side note, I have a question:  is it normally possible to find folks who are willing to do mild modding jobs at meets? I have two possible mods in mind:

1. retermination of my Beyerdynamic T1 cable with 4-pin balanced connectors.
2. Manual installation of the Amanero384 USB module in my Audiogd reference 5.32 DAC.

I understand that these two mods would require minimal soldering jobs, which I have never mustered the courage to try, although I have the soldering equipment and all the parts needed for the mods. If anyone going to the meet can help out, that would be very appreciated. Please PM me and let us work out some compensatory arrangement.  Thanks.

While I've never seen anyone do any modding at a meet, I don't see any reason it wouldn't be a fun thing to try... I would be concerned about soldering, though, especially since the room might not be properly ventilated and/or there might be insurance issues (I doubt soldering is part of an audio store's non-employee coverage). I suppose you could always duck outside, if it isn't too cold.

unfortunately, i need to switch my status from "maybe" to "no" -- very disappointing.  i look forward to attending the next new england meet!  i hope you all have a great time.

Sorry to hear that! Hope to catch you next time.

Dec 4, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #163 of 195
I can't seem to find it but what was the website that allowed you to play high quality music with the free month trial ?

Dec 4, 2015 at 5:10 PM Post #165 of 195

probably tidal

I am pretty sure that is the one. Big thanks!

Got laptop setup with Tidal now. Last year I just had mp3's and the selection was horrible. Should be slightly better this year. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back