Nashua, New Hampshire Meet: Decemeber 5th, 2015
Dec 4, 2015 at 7:03 PM Post #166 of 195

I am pretty sure that is the one. Big thanks!

Got laptop setup with Tidal now. Last year I just had mp3's and the selection was horrible. Should be slightly better this year. 

I just hope that the wifi is solid otherwise I'm kinda buggered...

Also just an update, I'm looking at the pile of crap on my table right now and I'm thinking I may leave a few items at home.

Probably won't be bringing:

Burson Soloist
Yulong D100 MkII
HE-560 (looks like one of the pads are ripped...)
K702 (unless someone really wants to try them)

Also probably worth linking to the typical meet etiquette: http://www.head-fi.org/t/450911/uk-meet-tips-for-newbies

I'd like to stress to people, please don't unplug interconnects when things are powered on! I was at the Cambridge UK meet earlier this year where some bell end destroyed a pair of HE-6's by doing just that.

Dec 4, 2015 at 7:34 PM Post #167 of 195
Looks like I'll be able to make this one after all! I'm going to bring a pair of used Sennheiser HD 380 Pro's and JVC HA-RX900's to give away if anyone is interested. I got these for free from skullguise and I'm going to pass them along to a member that will get some good use from them. :)

I unfortunately don't have a source ready for a meet...would anyone mind if I shared a source with them? I'll bring along my PPAv2 amp. Thanks!

Dec 4, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #168 of 195
Please bring the 560s even if they are busticated, I need to hear them to gauge their signature. I am also looking to test out the Ethers, so don't hold back...

Dec 4, 2015 at 8:17 PM Post #169 of 195
I'll bring a couple extra DACs

Dec 4, 2015 at 8:19 PM Post #170 of 195
Thanks. I may need one. Not confident FedEx will get their act together with the loaner Bimby.

Dec 4, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #171 of 195
Is anyone going to be taking pictures ? Last year as an afterthought I brought my camera and took random pictures. I could do the same this year and probably take better pictures if no one else wants too. 

Dec 4, 2015 at 8:25 PM Post #172 of 195
Excited to come back here tomorrow. I tested out my set up today and should be interesting. Able to run both my Magni and Lyr 2 at the same time for comparisons. I am also in the market for a new DAC as well so bring them on....

Dec 4, 2015 at 8:37 PM Post #173 of 195
And a heads up on my setup. I got a pair of hd800 about 2-3 weeks ago. HD800 are inherently bright and my amp/dac is bright. So when you listen to the setup know its sunshine to your ears. I plan to listen to other setups and see what amp/dac i want for the hd800.  

Dec 4, 2015 at 9:46 PM Post #174 of 195

I am pretty sure that is the one. Big thanks!

Got laptop setup with Tidal now. Last year I just had mp3's and the selection was horrible. Should be slightly better this year. 

I'll be bringing about 50GB of FLACs and DSDs (complete with JRiver Media Center meta data) on a pair of USB flash drives that I'm sure will make you smile.  They're portable enough where I can connect them to your PC temporarily if you want to audition a bigger selection.  

- Dave

Dec 4, 2015 at 10:06 PM Post #175 of 195

I'll be bringing about 50GB of FLACs and DSDs (complete with JRiver Media Center meta data) on a pair of USB flash drives that I'm sure will make you smile.  They're portable enough where I can connect them to your PC temporarily if you want to audition a bigger selection.  

- Dave

Big thanks! last year the wi-fi wasn't an issue. But for some reason if it is we will be counting on you. Thanks!

Dec 4, 2015 at 10:26 PM Post #176 of 195
See you all tomorrow!

Funny thing is that this week I caught a head cold, and my ears are a little plugged up (congestion), but not enough to keep me
away from the meet this time!  This is the first cold that I caught all year - right before the Fidelis meet!!!  Whats up with that?
confused.gif

I'll try to catch up on sleep tonight. 

Looking forward to it!

Vinnie

Dec 5, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #179 of 195
Thanks. I may need one. Not confident FedEx will get their act together with the loaner Bimby.

It's just a Gamma2, nothing too special but no drivers to install.

Is anyone going to be taking pictures ? Last year as an afterthought I brought my camera and took random pictures. I could do the same this year and probably take better pictures if no one else wants too. 

I'll bring my camera if I remembered to charge it! I'll just be taking casual pictures though 

Dec 5, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #180 of 195
See you all tomorrow!

Funny thing is that this week I caught a head cold, and my ears are a little plugged up (congestion), but not enough to keep me
away from the meet this time!  This is the first cold that I caught all year - right before the Fidelis meet!!!  Whats up with that? :confused:

I'll try to catch up on sleep tonight. 

Looking forward to it!

Vinnie

23 days ago you were told not to get sick! You gotta listen better. :)

Any chance you will bring an ALO CDM?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back