Nashua, New Hampshire Meet: Decemeber 5th, 2015
Nov 30, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #136 of 195
  All,

I just spoke with Dwight from Fidelis.  They are renting chairs and tables.  Do you think 40 chairs will be enough?

As for tables, they are going to get as many that can fit in there.  This year they'll rent 18" deep tables instead of 30" deep
tables, so hopefully more tables will be able to fit since it looks like this year will be a bigger meet!

Also, PLEASE BRING ANY POWER STRIPS AND EXTENSION CORDS that you can.  We'll probably
need some, just to make sure everyone has power and in a convenient location next to their table.  So this
will be a big help and is much appreciated!

Weather forecast looks good so far for Saturday, so it should be easy drivin'!

See you all soon!

Vinnie

I'll make sure to bring at least one extension cord and power strip. 18" sounds small but I'm sure it'll be fine. Better to have slightly smaller tables and more gear!

Depending on the traffic and my transportation situation, I should get there sometime between 11:30 and 12:30. Can't wait!

Dec 1, 2015 at 7:55 PM Post #139 of 195
There's a gear list on the front page. I'll have my Valhalla2.

Dec 1, 2015 at 8:04 PM Post #140 of 195
I am bringing my Lyr 2 along, was planning on bringing at least 2 sets of tubes but they are not fully burned in yet so...will have to see how they'll sound...for sanitary reasons, I am not bringing any IEMs. Just too weird to trade ear wax with the rest of you...I am bringing my M&M Schiit stack with the Modi hooked up in parallel to the Lyr. Should be interesting. Also, will bring along my AK Jr and new DX80 to allow some comparisons.

Dec 1, 2015 at 8:22 PM Post #142 of 195
I am really considering the Bimby and would love to hear yours with the Lyr 2. I too have been rolling some newer soviets and would love to hear the Amperex orange. I am in love withe Gold Lions at the moment...

Dec 1, 2015 at 8:40 PM Post #143 of 195
I'll have two tube amps with me. Probably won't bother bringing multiple sets though.

Also, shameless plug but if you buy my HD650 on the spot day of the meet I'll sell it for $250 because that saves me the hassle of packing and shipping. Another $10 off if you pay with cash.

Dec 1, 2015 at 8:42 PM Post #144 of 195
I'll have two tube amps with me. Probably won't bother bringing multiple sets though.

Also, shameless plug but if you buy my HD650 on the spot day of the meet I'll sell it for $250 because that saves me the hassle of packing and shipping. Another $10 off if you pay with cash.

BUT I JUST BOUGHT ONE NEW FROM AMAZON FOR 299!!!!!

Thats a good deal tho - at the NYC meet one went for $300 in the auction.  Someone jump on this!

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Dec 1, 2015 at 9:08 PM Post #145 of 195
BUT I JUST BOUGHT ONE NEW FROM AMAZON FOR 299!!!!!

Thats a good deal tho - at the NYC meet one went for $300 in the auction.  Someone jump on this!

RETURN IT

But yeah the reason it's so low is that there are some paint chips.

Dec 2, 2015 at 2:10 AM Post #147 of 195
Ok, this is all very new to me, and I have never been to a meet before so please bear with me.  I am within driving distance from this meet (coming from Sunderland, Massachusetts), and there are many hp units I would like to try out at the meet so I'm guessing why not take advantage? Here's the gear I could bring along, if needed (I'm not sure, but I guess someone could tell me if they are indeed needed) :

Cans:

1. Hifiman He-6
2. Hifiman He-500
3. Beyerdynamic T-1
4. Sennheiser HD 600
5. Sennheiser HD700
6. AKG 7xx 

DACS

Emotiva DC-1
Emotiva XDA-2 (Gen 1) (only if needed, I see there is one already listed)

AudioGd Reference 5.32 (Well, this one is a little tricky : while it is 100% functional, I would still like to install the Amanero USB module on it, but I have not been able to muster the courage to do it, because I am not a DIY guy and have not done any soldering before... If I could find someone at the meet to help me do the install, which I hear is pretty easy, if one knows what one is doing, then that would be a great incentive to bring the unit along.  I already have the Amanero384 module imported from Kingwa, and can even bring a soldering station along).

Head Amps

I could also bring along my Audiogd NFB1amp, which pairs very well with the Reference 5.32, especially for driving the He-6

Gustard H-10 (but I am trying to sell it)

Dec 2, 2015 at 8:11 AM Post #148 of 195
Put me down as confirmed.

Also is there any chance of coming by a bit earlier to setup? 

I'll be bringing along pretty much all of my gear (it may not all be setup though), with most of it being up for sale if people are interested.

Headphones:

1. LCD-2r2 balanced
  2. HD-800 (modded) balanced
  3. Nighthawk (modded) balanced/SE
  4. HE-560 balanced/SE (For Sale)
  5. HE-500 (jerg modded) (For Sale)
  6. EL-8C (For Sale)
  7. MDR-Z7 (For Sale)
  8. K702 (For Sale)
  9. Alpha Dog (For Sale)
  10. Heir Audio 4.Ai (For Sale)
  11. Dunu DN-19 (For Sale)

Sources:

1. BMC PureDAC (230V)
  2. Auralic Taurus MkII (230V)
  3. Project Ember with various tubes (For Sale)
  4. Burson Soloist (For Sale)
  5. HAD AudioLAB Maestral III (For Sale)
  6. Yulong D100 MkII (For Sale)
  7. FiiO X3 Gen1 (For Sale)
  8. FiiO E12 (For Sale)

Also anyone interested in grabbing a pint/food afterwards? There are a lot of chain restaurants on Amherst St and some good dining downtown as well.

Dec 2, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #149 of 195
  Ok, this is all very new to me, and I have never been to a meet before so please bear with me.  I am within driving distance from this meet (coming from Sunderland, Massachusetts), and there are many hp units I would like to try out at the meet so I'm guessing why not take advantage? Here's the gear I could bring along, if needed (I'm not sure, but I guess someone could tell me if they are indeed needed) :

Cans:

1. Hifiman He-6
2. Hifiman He-500
3. Beyerdynamic T-1
4. Sennheiser HD 600
5. Sennheiser HD700
6. AKG 7xx 

DACS

Emotiva DC-1
Emotiva XDA-2 (Gen 1) (only if needed, I see there is one already listed)

AudioGd Reference 5.32 (Well, this one is a little tricky : while it is 100% functional, I would still like to install the Amanero USB module on it, but I have not been able to muster the courage to do it, because I am not a DIY guy and have not done any soldering before... If I could find someone at the meet to help me do the install, which I hear is pretty easy, if one knows what one is doing, then that would be a great incentive to bring the unit along.  I already have the Amanero384 module imported from Kingwa, and can even bring a soldering station along).

Head Amps

I could also bring along my Audiogd NFB1amp, which pairs very well with the Reference 5.32, especially for driving the He-6

Gustard H-10 (but I am trying to sell it)

Bring whatever gear you'd like -- I'd focus on headphones you want to try on different amplifiers as well as what you consider to be your "best" set of headphones. Same goes for amps. Post back with that you decide and I'll add you to the gear list. :)

Put me down as confirmed.

Also is there any chance of coming by a bit earlier to setup? 

I'll be bringing along pretty much all of my gear (it may not all be setup though), with most of it being up for sale if people are interested.

Headphones:

1. LCD-2r2 balanced
  2. HD-800 (modded) balanced
  3. Nighthawk (modded) balanced/SE
  4. HE-560 balanced/SE (For Sale)
  5. HE-500 (jerg modded) (For Sale)
  6. EL-8C (For Sale)
  7. MDR-Z7 (For Sale)
  8. K702 (For Sale)
  9. Alpha Dog (For Sale)
  10. Heir Audio 4.Ai (For Sale)
  11. Dunu DN-19 (For Sale)

Sources:

1. BMC PureDAC (230V)
  2. Auralic Taurus MkII (230V)
  3. Project Ember with various tubes (For Sale)
  4. Burson Soloist (For Sale)
  5. HAD AudioLAB Maestral III (For Sale)
  6. Yulong D100 MkII (For Sale)
  7. FiiO X3 Gen1 (For Sale)
  8. FiiO E12 (For Sale)

Also anyone interested in grabbing a pint/food afterwards? There are a lot of chain restaurants on Amherst St and some good dining downtown as well.

Awesome! I haven't heard the Sony's yet, although I'm told that they aren't too special...

Dec 3, 2015 at 1:36 AM Post #150 of 195
Hey so I'm new to the website, and coming across this I thought it would be a great chance to check out some gear and meet those with similar interests. I don't have much in terms of high-end gear as I'm just getting started (figuring out what I like best) is it okay to just bring myself and maybe a friend or is this not that sort of thing. Thanks and sorry if I misunderstood the event. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back