Nashua, New Hampshire Meet: Decemeber 5th, 2015
Nov 18, 2015 at 1:08 PM Post #91 of 195
I would also like to try out a balanced system on my LCD-3s and LCD-XCs. I got to try a balancing act at the Denver meet, but with a single ended DAC. I couldn't tell the difference, but I want to try a fully balanced setup.

Nov 18, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #93 of 195
I would also like to try out a balanced system on my LCD-3s and LCD-XCs. I got to try a balancing act at the Denver meet, but with a single ended DAC. I couldn't tell the difference, but I want to try a fully balanced setup.

You need headphones that cost > $2000 to hear the difference. You climbed the mountain and got to what you thought was the summit, but you cleared the ridge and lo and behold, another summit looms in the distance! :D

Nov 18, 2015 at 5:11 PM Post #94 of 195
Slight off-subject. Is there any good breakfast places near the meet? I might be around the area on the 4th and hoping I can snag a good breakfast beforehand. 

Nov 18, 2015 at 7:39 PM Post #96 of 195
  Absolutely!

http://www.yelp.com/biz/joeys-diner-amherst

- Dave

I'll prob give the place a try. Not the biggest fan of the yelp. I always come away thinking a restaurant is weeks away from being condemned due to people's reviews. Doesn't matter the restaurant. 

Nov 18, 2015 at 8:52 PM Post #98 of 195
I haven't touched adobe in forever. Figured I'd see what I could come up with. 

Nov 19, 2015 at 12:46 PM Post #99 of 195
^^^ Can you photoshop that prominent fat bald guy out (a.k.a. me)?
tongue.gif

FWIW, think Fidelis may have a balanced amp.  They carry some of Vinnie's (not sure if any LIO there yet), plus a couple others (they had the Malvalve there before).  I think Walter and crew enjoyed seeing our stuff quite a bit; he/they have always been pretty passionate and enjoy trying new things.

Nov 19, 2015 at 12:48 PM Post #100 of 195
Anybody know if internet is available at the shop? I won't be bringing my disc player and otherwise just use Tidal for music playback...

Nov 19, 2015 at 12:52 PM Post #101 of 195
  FWIW, think Fidelis may have a balanced amp.  They carry some of Vinnie's (not sure if any LIO there yet), plus a couple others (they had the Malvalve there before).  I think Walter and crew enjoyed seeing our stuff quite a bit; he/they have always been pretty passionate and enjoy trying new things.

Nice!  I'll bring a pair of XLR to TRS cables so we can hook up my m920 to any willing and available balanced amps.  I don't have a balanced cable for my HD650 (yet), but with all the high end cans in attendance, I'm sure someone will be able to tap into Vinnie's amp balanced.

- Dave

Nov 19, 2015 at 1:02 PM Post #102 of 195
I think there was connectivity for wifi. I can't remember, I think Fidelis opened their hotspot to us for the day. Someone else may be able to remember correctly...

Nov 19, 2015 at 5:28 PM Post #103 of 195
  ^^^ Can you photoshop that prominent fat bald guy out (a.k.a. me)?
tongue.gif

Better? haha

Nov 19, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #104 of 195
[Arnold voice] "I pick headphones up and put them down" [/Arnold voice]

biggrin.gif
  Well done.....you'll "sell more tickets" that way

Nov 19, 2015 at 6:33 PM Post #105 of 195
  [Arnold voice] "I pick headphones up and put them down" [/Arnold voice]

biggrin.gif
  Well done.....you'll "sell more tickets" that way

We should use that image as the front page image. It would get quite a few laughs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back