Nano 6G
Feb 25, 2011 at 5:48 PM Post #92 of 131
Yea I do admit on the par that having to turn the screen on to change track is slightly annoying, one thing I love about the J3 is the side buttons - Apple did release an update where you can double click the hold button and it can either skip track, or play/pause the current song, pretty handy - Even though I mostly listen to shuffled music/playlists.

Feb 25, 2011 at 6:03 PM Post #94 of 131
Do you update just by connecting with itune? or is there a dedicated download from itune?

Feb 25, 2011 at 10:49 PM Post #96 of 131
I've been really considering the 16gb Nano 6G, but I am worried about storage capacity.  How much capacity do you get in reality?  Usually its something like 15gb.  In iTunes, I have a total of just under 18gb, and some of it I wouldn't even put on the Nano.  Wondering if I just rerip some of the albums I listen to most to 256k instead of the 320k I have them at now, I could fit more on there and not worry about the capacity so much.  I just don't want a Touch, too much crap I simply do not need.  I hope Apple ups the ante on Nano storage this year, seriously.  We need a 32gb at least.

Or, even better, I can rip all my albums again, this time at 192k, and stop pretending like I can hear a difference when ripped at 320k. 

Feb 26, 2011 at 3:54 AM Post #97 of 131

Quote:
Figure it out yet?? Yeah, just connect your Nano and let iTunes install the update. Easy as pie.

Thanks for teaching the dummy  
wink.gif

Feb 26, 2011 at 10:44 AM Post #98 of 131

Quote:
Thanks for teaching the dummy  
wink.gif

Your welcome. And the reason why I like iTunes: even us dummies can use it. 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
I've been really considering the 16gb Nano 6G, but I am worried about storage capacity.  How much capacity do you get in reality?  Usually its something like 15gb.  In iTunes, I have a total of just under 18gb, and some of it I wouldn't even put on the Nano.  Wondering if I just rerip some of the albums I listen to most to 256k instead of the 320k I have them at now, I could fit more on there and not worry about the capacity so much.  I just don't want a Touch, too much crap I simply do not need.  I hope Apple ups the ante on Nano storage this year, seriously.  We need a 32gb at least.

Or, even better, I can rip all my albums again, this time at 192k, and stop pretending like I can hear a difference when ripped at 320k. 

My 16 GB Nano say 14.88 GB.

You should consider using variable bit rate which is what I rip to. I use LAME V0 which averages 245 kbps.

Feb 27, 2011 at 7:19 AM Post #99 of 131

Just got my Nano 6G yesterday after reading through this thread. Really didn't expect it to sound this good//

Nano 6G -> LOD ->  ibasso T3 -> Ety er4s    gave me a Wow factor. Might think about getting another one in 16gig like some

others just in case Apple changes the form of the Nano//

Apr 6, 2011 at 5:48 PM Post #101 of 131
any way to manipulate the volume to get it to go louder?
used it on a buss the other day,sweden-germany-sweden the batteruy held out good, got about 18 hours on it..

but the volume :7 I need about 50% more to block out the drunken ugly people on my next jurney... :p
 any ideas?

Apr 7, 2011 at 3:47 AM Post #102 of 131

Quote:
used it on a buss the other day,sweden-germany-sweden the batteruy held out good, got about 18 hours on it..

but the volume :7 I need about 50% more to block out the drunken ugly people on my next jurney... :p
 any ideas?

Yeah get some in-ear monitors or something that has more isolation so you don't blow out your ears! Seriously :)

Apr 7, 2011 at 11:35 AM Post #103 of 131

Quote:

any ideas?

Troll, if you just pick up a Pico Slim, you can have as much volume as you want without adding much bulk.

Apr 7, 2011 at 4:23 PM Post #104 of 131
been thinking bout an amp , but I like to put it on the same wristband as the nano, ppico looks nice but still way to big :/
is there something "nano sized" 
the phones to be driven is senns hd25

I just need like 20 % more then max, 50% would be nice, just for those few special times when I wannna blow my eras clean :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back