Name your top 5 musical CRUSHES....
Aug 26, 2001 at 8:07 AM Post #46 of 85
Quote:

Originally posted by markl

Ballard seems to be the guy the record company calls in when they have a "difficult" artist that they need to try to "cross over" to a mainstream crowd.

Slightly ot for which I apologise but in illustration of the point above, when pomp rock band MAGNUM had a HUGE hit with Wings of Heaven (got to number 5 in the album chart in the uk), when it came to do the follow up, for the first time ever the song-writer/guitarist of Magnum, Tony Clarkin, co-wrote the song "Rockin' Chair" with him..............................

Aug 26, 2001 at 11:09 PM Post #48 of 85
Quote:

Originally posted by sapphiremodena
One of my other crushes was Aaliyah....but ohhhh, she just died in a plane crash....I saw it on the news....some sad stuff

no joke, see: http://home-news.excite.ca/news/ap/0...as-plane-crash

Life is so unfair
frown.gif

Aug 27, 2001 at 7:42 AM Post #49 of 85
I am fond of a lot of female musicians for a variety of reasons, but to elevate that status to crush level takes a special sort of combination of beauty, talent, sex appeal, etc. In no particular order.

Nancy Wilson (Heart, guitarist) - picture in Dreamboat Annie did it for me. And she was sort of the "strong silent" type (although not completely), so I kind of related to her (I'm more of a multi-instrumentalist than a singer).

Shirley Manson (Garbage) - from the first time I saw them live, too. She's married, though (but not to anyone in the band -- some sex toy sculpturist...actually, that sounds wrong, that sounds like he sculpts sex toys, that's not what I meant; what I meant was, he's a sculpturist, and he's her sex toy). :frowning2:
(Like I had a chance :)

Kate Bush - I was also a fan of this lady, but what took my adolescent hormones over the edge was the infamous picture of her in a leotard. Her sex-kitten and overcoat performances on SNL didn't hurt, either.

Jennifer Love Hewitt - I was actually familiar with her from her self-titled album's cover before her work as an actor. "Those soft and fuzzy sweaters, too magical to touch..."

...but hands down, number one, is Milla Jovovich (Milla, Plastic Has Memory) - I've developed a crush on her several times, without even knowing it's the same person -- she's a supermodel, she's an actress, she's a musician, what can't she do? Still has a special place in my heart. I really wish she would get her act together and put an album out (as PHM).

PS On Mariah Carey's dumbness -- that's a farce. I know she acts like trailer trash, but I actually admire her for divorcing her Svengali husband and doing her own thing. Butterfly was sort of her "Never For Ever".

On the brink (waiting for something to send me over into crush-hood):
Tori Amos
Anneke von Gsomething (The Gathering)
Heather Thompson (Tapping The Vein -- amazing voice, quickly becoming one of my favorites, from Kate Bush girly coo to Drain STH, node-blowing, full-out rock'n'roll bombast)
for that matter, the bassist from Drain STH

Aug 27, 2001 at 10:35 PM Post #50 of 85
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by sapphiremodena
One of my other crushes was Aaliyah....but ohhhh, she just died in a plane crash....I saw it on the news....some sad stuff

no joke, see: http://home-news.excite.ca/news/ap/...mas-plane-crash
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is so unfair

Yea, my friend kev was crushed to hear the news, she's his #1 crush.. he hates when i bring it up...and so do i...

Aug 28, 2001 at 5:40 AM Post #51 of 85
Ill agree with everyone that said sade, shirley manson, mandy moore, and yea alicia keys is pretty hot too.

Oct 18, 2002 at 1:44 AM Post #52 of 85
Just reviving this thread to capitalize on the interest in "songs/albums that made you cry". You were game to post which material affected you so much it brought tears to your eyes, you should be "man-enough" or "woman-enough" to answer this thread!

Mark

Oct 18, 2002 at 2:15 AM Post #53 of 85
When Whitney Houston sang "I wanna dance with somebody" fifteen or so years ago, I was jumping up and down in front of the TV saying "me, me!". Now I think of her and just say "Blecchh!". I guess age does give you some wisdom. But it was a major crush at the time.

Nowadays I think that Gwen Stefani is one of the hottest biddies out there. Very sexy. Can't wait to see her along with Shirley Manson in concert next week. Shirley is hot in a very different, no bull$@%t kinda way.

Oct 18, 2002 at 2:28 AM Post #55 of 85
Remember... this is as much about "ROMANCE" as it is about "PASSION" and/or "PHYSICAL ATTRACTION"
wink.gif

Mark

Oct 18, 2002 at 2:29 AM Post #56 of 85
Who said "echobelly"???????

Way way agree. Yum yum. In every way possible!

Mark

Oct 18, 2002 at 3:42 AM Post #58 of 85
Uh oh, I forgot I actually posted... and I sounded miserable the first time
tongue.gif

I probably haven't reached that point where I can obsess with the musicians I "spiritually connect to" in a crush-y way
tongue.gif
A year later and that's all I'll say on the subject.

Oct 18, 2002 at 4:30 AM Post #60 of 85
1. Natalie Imbruglia - She just looked to amazing in the torn music video, plus her voice is cute.
tongue.gif

2. Avril Lavigne
3. Leigh Nash
4. Heather Nova
5. Michelle Branch
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back