Name your top 5 musical CRUSHES....
Aug 18, 2001 at 2:20 AM Post #16 of 85
I can't think of many, brains fried right now and I probably wouldn't care enough to think any further of it anyway, but...

Janet Jackson - Particulary in the early 90s. I'm young, so my taste usually goes out to those my age, but even now that shes older she is and probably always will be one helluva FINE woman (heh, I refuse to call her anything else in fear of degradation (e.i. "peice of ass").

And, I hate saying this, because she IS probably the dumbest organism in the universe, but Maria Carie is/was pretty damn hot. Maybe even more so then Janet, but like hell would I give her up for Maria.

And as far as teenie boppers go (man I just cringe at that damn word), Britney's not the hottest, but shes still pretty hot. People try to pretend these people aren't good looking so they can pretend their cool or have good taste in woman or something, but we all know if you were of a similar age you'd go ****ing nuts over them.

Of the major players, I'm gonna have to go with this order:

4. Christina Agulaera - Shes thin, too thin, and shes always dressed like a ****ing space alien.
3. Britney Spears - More body then agulera, still not the best.
2. Mandy Moore - Fine, would be finer if she ate a couple sandwhichs.
1. Jessica Simpson - Goddess, still needs a cheesburger or two, but the finest of all them.

Do I feel guilty? No, cause I'm roughly their age anyway (I'm younger most of the time). Though, my top spot will always go to Janet... *jaws drop on desk and eyes get all woozy*

Aug 18, 2001 at 3:17 AM Post #17 of 85
I'd have to agree with massappeal85's comments that a lot of the teenie boppers are too skinny. Maybe they're just tall or leggy, but a litlle meat on their bones won't hurt. Of the lot, me rikey Britney.

My all time favorites have all been mentioned. Nina's the cutest though. Kate Bush has a lovely face, and Shirley has the most charisma imho. On a side note, has anybody heard the new Garbage single? Ouch!

Aug 18, 2001 at 4:35 AM Post #18 of 85
Quote:

zoboomofo said...

On a side note, has anybody heard the new Garbage single? Ouch!

Ouch as in good or ouch as in bad? And where can I listen to the new single? TELL ME NOW!!!

And now that it looks like the noble pretense of being seduced by the voices has been dropped...
evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jessica Simpson and Mandy Moore are definitely in the top three, but number one has to be Beyonce Knowles of Destiny's Child!

Aug 18, 2001 at 5:10 AM Post #19 of 85
Quote:

Natalie Merchant-- 10,000 Maniacs. "In My Tribe". That magnificent, earthy voice! A 17 year old boy was helpless. Helpless, I tell you.

A 53 year old man is pretty damned helpless, too!!

Besides Natalie, I would have to say the artists I fell in love with immediately are:
Billie Holiday............a sexier, more honest voice simply has never existed on this earth.
Bob Dylan........his voice and lyrics have been speaking to me and expressing my feelings since I first heard him in 1963.
Iris DeMent.......I just discovered her recently and I'm hoping to see her in concert in Westport, Conn. this Fall. Little-known but a very attractive voice.
And if Angelina Jolie ever comes out with a CD, she'll be right at the top of the list!
wink.gif

Aug 18, 2001 at 2:17 PM Post #22 of 85
dhwilkin,

I heard the Garbage track on cfox's (cfox.com webcast too!) new music show. When I say ouch, I mean ouch bad. It has a very flimsy quality about it. I couldn't tell that it was a Garbage track at first. Maybe I was in denial that it could be that bad. Sorry. ymmv though.

Here's a quote I found on the web that describes the track straight from Ms. Shirley's mouth. Oh yeah, its called Androgyny.

http://www.garbageweb.net/newalbum/songs.htm

In studio diary #33, Shirley describes the songs quite
interestingly: "...picture little Shirley Ann and the ladyboys
meeting up with The artist formerly known as Prince and Noel
Coward in a Florida whorehouse whilst TLC plays on the
jukebox and you just might be able to imagine what the song
sounds like."

Written at the end of 2000 or at the very beginning of 2001, this
is Garbage's new song. Butch recorded some guitar parts using
the POD .

btw, studio diary entries are available on the band's official website.

But I need to get back on topic here, to keep the integrity of the forums. Beyonce Knowles is totally a babe! Its funny that not too long ago, they had this image of being, in their own words, classy but sensual. Now they're bootylicious.
eek.gif

Aug 18, 2001 at 4:20 PM Post #23 of 85
I don't know......I'll say this....if Heidi Klum ever releases a CD....hehehe....lmao......this thread is ridiculous, but quite entertaining!
redface.gif
biggrin.gif

Aug 18, 2001 at 4:47 PM Post #24 of 85
Quote:

And now that it looks like the noble pretense of being seduced by the voices has been dropped...

Well... the whole purpose was to pay homage to artists whose MUSIC caused the crush, not their marketing hype, images, videos or whatever.

By those criteria, none of the teeny-bopper "artists" technically ought to qualify, although I suppose if you're in their age bracket, we'll give you a special one-time waiver. However, the rest of you-- shame, shame, shame...

Lots of great taste exhibited so far. I am definitely down with:

1. Karen Peris- Innocenece Mission. Her voice just makes you want to cry with joy. Married to the guitar player.
2. Harriet Wheeler- Sundays. Amen. Also married to the guitar player.
3. Hope Sandoval- Mazzy Star. Used to be involved with the guitar player.
4. Shirley Manson. Absolutely. Saw them in concert. Riveting performer. Far as I know, not involved with guitar player.

Note to self: learn guitar.

OK, so here are the rest of mine:
1. Bjork.
2. Tracy Thorn- Everything but the girl. Yeah, not exactly "conventionally" beautiful, but damn, that voice. Communicates more emotion with a single hushed syllable than most of these over-emoting super divas of pop music cram into an entire song.
3. Ani Difranco. Am I allowed? Saw her live once, and I was the only guy in the audience. I was being looked at funny. I left early.
4. Shelby Lynne, thanks to "I Am Shelby Lynne". Lots of attitude. Currently making a new record with (UGH!) Glen Ballard, that big giant turd. He will undo all the good she did with "I Am..."
5. Sarah Harmer. Great debut album "You Were Here".

markl

Aug 18, 2001 at 4:55 PM Post #26 of 85
Quote:

Originally posted by markl
...Married to the guitar player.

...Also married to the guitar player.

...Used to be involved with the guitar player.

So, like, the key take-away here is that if you're going to be in a band, look for a hot lead singer, and definitely be a guitar player.
wink.gif

Aug 18, 2001 at 7:24 PM Post #28 of 85
Quote:

Originally posted by markl

tar player.

Note to self: learn guitar.

1. Bjork.

markl

Buhahahha I must learn Guitar too
biggrin.gif

Does bass guitar apply?

Ahh Bjork I must say I love her eccentric style of singing
I am still much in love with her
biggrin.gif

To bad shes marrie to the prince cum feather weight champion with one of the worlds most dangerous knockout punch
cool.gif
<-------The Sunglasses are for the black eyes Ive got hitting on her.

(BTW her prince cum feather weight champion husband IS REALLY KNOWN for his dangerous KO punches
frown.gif
)

Aug 19, 2001 at 3:53 AM Post #29 of 85
Well, at the moment I can only think of 3:

3. The girl from "Poe", did anyone see her perform "hey Pretty" on Leno that one time?
2. Lauryn Hill....so smart, pretty good lookin imo, and sooo underrated

and.........

1. Alicia Keys >>>> DAMN!!!! someone back me up on this, she's f---in hot!

oh and also, Christina Milian from "between me and you" by ja rule ft christina milian, in that video she looks damn fine.

Aug 19, 2001 at 5:26 AM Post #30 of 85
Ahh man, how did I forget about Poe's lead singer? Good call, sapphiremodena. What a sexy voice (among other things...)!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back