Name your top 5 musical CRUSHES....
Aug 19, 2001 at 6:38 AM Post #31 of 85
I was watchin this show on Speedvision, and one of the interviewers asked a motorcycle racer which he would rather have on the back of his motorcycle: the lead singer from Poe, or Courtney Love?

And good God, to my complete and utter dismay, he said Courtney Love.....blecccchhh!!!! why oh why..??!! That's just ridiculous!!!!

Aug 19, 2001 at 7:01 AM Post #32 of 85
i saw poe live, when they opened for depeche mode this summer. i never found her attractive.

i never found britney attractive either. is it just me, or does she look odd?

i think mandy moore is adorable, but jailbait.

Aug 19, 2001 at 2:50 PM Post #33 of 85
Holy Mother of Christ. My biggest crush would have to be Nicole Kidman, and she can pretty much be on this list since she sings on the Moulin Rouge soundtrack. I have allways had a crush on her
very_evil_smiley.gif

I also find Laura Fabian very atractive (my wife thinks I am nuts by the way). My list is complemented with Christina from Lacuna Coil and I really love K.D. Lang. I know it seems like a weird choice, but I love that woman when she sings Constant Craving. Oooh!

And yesterday I was watching a T.V. show about Mexican singer Gloria Trevi. OH GOD! She was some hot lady!!!! I never really liked her crappy music, but man, she's pretty.

Now, I am just hopind my wife is not reading this over my shoulder
eek.gif

And yes, Britney Spears looks weird to me too.

Aug 19, 2001 at 3:11 PM Post #34 of 85
Quote:

i think mandy moore is adorable, but jailbait.

Why does it always have to be like that?
smily_headphones1.gif
I agree btw...

No one has mentioned Diana Krall... I think she's beautiful and I love her music. Also, Shirley Manson from Garbage.

Aug 20, 2001 at 9:14 AM Post #35 of 85
1. Makaha Sons - music to sooth a tired soul. truly fantastic vocalists
2. Styx - oldy but still very good
3. Chicago - legendary group still going strong...kind of...
4. Kansas - decent with a style of their own
5. The Eagles - another legendary group...hopefully they will remaster their albums.

oops, these are my favorite musical groups not that i have crushes on them...

Crushes- Nichole Kidman does decent...well almost decent singing in Moulan Rouge but you just got to love her anyway...

Gloria Estefan - just can't beat the spunky latin beat of her early career.

Phoebe Cates - did some singing early in her career before settleing on acting...not very good at either but shes the gosh darn-it cutest thing...

Aug 20, 2001 at 8:37 PM Post #36 of 85
OK, I'll bite.

1) Kate Bush - I still remember the Kenny Everett Video Show, circa '79, with Kate dressed in the lion suit from the cover of 'Lionheart' and singing 'Wow'. Ah..

2) Margo Timmins - Cowboy Junkies - Listen to 'Trinity Sessions' and you'll understand

3) Badi Assad - Brazilian guitarist, You absolutely MUST hear 'Solo'. One person, one guitar, custom tube mic preamps. Awesome.

4) Ann Magnuson - Bongwater's 'Double Bummer' box set should be required headphone listening. See 'The Big Sell Out' for pics of Ann.

5) Elisabeth Fraser - Cocteau Twins. Her voice is a beautiful instrument - I don't even know what she looks like.

Next 5? why not!

6) Diana Krall - great recordings though I dislike the way her record company is turning her into a sex symbol.

7) Sade - How can you not?

8) Bjork - Just plain FUN!

9) Circa 1983 Linda Rondstat - I admit it, I loved the Nelson Riddle albums ('What's New' and 'Lush Life')

10) Madonna - I know, so mainstream, so pop, so overexposed. BUt I remember staring at MTV in 1984 watching 'Shining Star' and having to pick my jaw off the floor. I still believe she is the most intellegent woman in entertainment. and no, I don't own anything she has ever made.

ok,
erix

Aug 21, 2001 at 11:30 PM Post #38 of 85
Okay, I'll admit it. Britney Spears is (annoyingly) attractive. I am against everything she stands for, but that only makes her prettier...
frown.gif

Carmen Electra wasn't mentioned, I think - she cut at least a single "Go-Go Dancer" when she was the protege of Prince.

Otherwise - Christina, Mandy and Jessica round out the five (in no particular order).

Sigh..... Here I am, listening to music by pasty white old English people (King Crimson). And, now that I think about it, my entire music collection consists of ugly people.
smily_headphones1.gif

Another funny thing - I was having this discussion with a friend of mine, and she considers Adrian Belew to be hot. She's an odd little duck... Nice person, but odd.

Aug 23, 2001 at 6:58 PM Post #39 of 85
Do I want to go there? Yes cause I like to show-off...

I agree that Marie Fredriksson is a FANTASTIC artist. If you don't understand what I mean, you need at least one of her solo albums. Or the best-of compilation which sounds like a beautiful logbook on growing older (if you follow the lyrics). At this moment in time I'm inclined to think that Roxette will go down the drain, but Marie actually has a chance to kick off her own stuff on a larger scale.
biggrin.gif

No I don't fancy Marie, but rather like her in a friendly kind of way.

And who's my musical crush? You can guess for yourselves, I'm not going into all those fake-second-coming-of-Nick-Drake debates again.
wink.gif

Edit - and Tracey Thorn is on my list too. I play EBTG so much, I actually sing like her. Edit edit - Travis falls here too, because of Fran Healy.

Aug 23, 2001 at 7:12 PM Post #40 of 85
Major points for markl - Sarah Harmer truly rocks. (Note: she was in a band called "Weeping Tile" - also excellent stuff if you can find it).

I have to add Tori Amos to the list - her intensity is amazing and I know I'm not the only one. Listening to her in interviews I find she's a little too serious.

I've always had a crush on Lisa Loeb. Something about those glasses...don't ask me to explain.

-jP

Aug 23, 2001 at 7:19 PM Post #41 of 85
Quote:

Shelby Lynne....currently making a new record with (UGH!) Glen Ballard, that big
giant turd. He will undo all the good she did with "I Am..."

Good God, please say it ain't so. That's like putting ketchup on a Filet Mignon. Thanks for the warning. The thought of Alanis Lynne or Shelby Morissette is so unappealing.

Aug 23, 2001 at 11:06 PM Post #43 of 85
Quote:

Good God, please say it ain't so. That's like putting ketchup on a Filet Mignon. Thanks for the warning. The thought of Alanis Lynne or Shelby Morissette is so unappealing.

Ballard seems to be the guy the record company calls in when they have a "difficult" artist that they need to try to "cross over" to a mainstream crowd. He is one of those producers that puts his stamp all over the albums he's involved with, often co-writing material.

The WHOLE POINT of "I Am..." was that this was Shelby Lynne finally speaking for herself after years of being manipulated by the record company to do what they want. That record sounded the way SHE wanted it to. Now that she's broken through artistically, they send in Glen Ballard to water her down again. Friggin' tragic.

markl

Aug 25, 2001 at 1:56 PM Post #44 of 85
Ok time for the obscure here!

I'm into prog rock and there is a particular lady by the name of Tracy Hitchings who has to have one of the most underrated voices ever! Sweet and childlike one moment, then rocking out big time the next When I saw the piccie that was a bonus............
smily_headphones1.gif
biggrin.gif
eek.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

To see what I mean check out

www.musicaldiscoveries.com/reviews/tracyh.htm

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Aug 25, 2001 at 8:42 PM Post #45 of 85
TRACY, TRACY, TRACY!!!

biggrin.gif

damn i need a Landmarq album...damn I need money...damn