Name your top 5 musical CRUSHES....
Aug 17, 2001 at 3:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 85

markl

Hangin' with the monkeys.
Member of the Trade: Lawton Audio
Let's get REAL for a minute...

OK, you're basically a music lover, or you wouldn't be on this site. Any and all music lovers have put on a particular CD, and immediately fallen in "love" with the artist responsible. Admit it-- it's happened to you and it's time to 'fess up.

Whatever your personal preference--same sex, opposite sex, whatever-- there must be certain artists that (for whatever reason) strike you in that special place, if you know what I mean. :)

For me, the list would be:

1. Kate Bush-- thanks to "Hounds of Love". My highschool girlfriend was JEALOUS of my appreciation for Kate!
2. Joni Mitchell-- this is a fairly recent discovery for me. There are newly remastered versions of all her seminal albums out now, but it would have to be "Blue" that did it to me.
3. Carla Bazulich-- lead singer of the Geraldine Fibbers. She has chunks of Courtney Love in her STOOL!
4. Dominique Durand-- Ivy. Must be seen to be believed. Must be heard to be believed. Still unbeliveable.
5. Nathalie Merchant-- 10,000 Maniacs. "In My Tribe". That magnificent, earthy voice! A 17 year old boy was helpless. Helpless, I tell you.

Hard to limit myself to just 5. If there's interest in this topic I'll go through 6-10.

Hope you are broad-minded enough to appreciate the intention of this thread! Good, clean fun!

markl

Aug 17, 2001 at 3:38 AM Post #2 of 85
1. Nina Persson.
2. Persson, Nina.
3. Persson. Nina Persson.
4. The lead singer of the Cardigans... what was her name?
5. Nina! Nina! Nina!

If there's enough interest in this thread, I'll go to my next 5 choices, or even further if it's requested.
biggrin.gif

Aug 17, 2001 at 3:43 AM Post #3 of 85
See what I mean-- how could I forget-- Ms. Persson?! 5 truly is too small a number!

C'mon--who's brave enough to answer this thead? I DARE you.

mark;

Aug 17, 2001 at 4:42 AM Post #6 of 85
In no particular order...

- Yuko Sasaki (sweet, plaintive)
- Akino Arai (especially the one song where she's doing this sultry whisper-singing... mmmm...)
- Megumi Hayashibara (passionate)
- Maaya Sakamoto (wistful, adventuresome)
- Nina Gordon (deep, soulful)

4/5 are Asian, guess I really like those softer, lighter pitched voices...

Aug 17, 2001 at 9:36 AM Post #7 of 85
That's simple: Meat Loaf.

No, markl, wait a minute, this singer of Aqua. (What was her name again?)

Okay: Sade Adu.

That's only one, but I am strictly monogamous.

Aug 17, 2001 at 11:26 AM Post #8 of 85
I've had a crush on the lead singer of U2 (Bono) since I was about 11. Im 25 now. How's that for a dedicated fan? Errrr dedicated or bonkers, it's all in the eye of the beholder
biggrin.gif

btw when I was a kid I had crushes on Michael Jackson and Smokey Robinson....Don't ask, I was a *strange* child

Aug 17, 2001 at 11:38 PM Post #13 of 85
Quote:

Originally posted by MacDEF
I may not like her music, but no one here finds Britney Spears the least bit attractive?
smily_headphones1.gif

MacDEF, I must say you sure do know how to put together a nice rig (
wink.gif
), but Britney Spears? I've gotta say, buddy, that my answer is no. I know, I know -- I'm probably in the minority here.

Let's see, so who are my musical crushes? In no particular order:

-- Hope Sandoval (Mazzy Star)

-- The lead singer of Ivy (though I've only heard a couple of their songs -- do I really need to hear any more to know that she's one of my answers? I mean, my eyes are working just fine)

-- Fiona Apple

I'll have to think of two more.....

Aug 17, 2001 at 11:49 PM Post #14 of 85
No particular order of vocal ability or otherwise...

Marie Fredrikkson (sp?) - vocalist of Roxette
Beverley Craven
Lead singer of Garbage (Oops... don't know her name)
Maddonna
Pink - Gotta love her attitude in her songs... very Alanis Morrisette

Aug 18, 2001 at 1:07 AM Post #15 of 85
Gotta second the Garbage gal (Shirley Manson)
third Belle from B&S.............................
fourth Sonya Christina (sp?) Curved Air
fifth the gal who does 'the' singing on Dark Side of the Moon
but number one (and will always be) Sandy Denny (early Fairport)
crk
who, if nothing else, is showing his age!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back