Mytek Brooklyn Thread
Mar 3, 2018 at 5:59 AM Post #121 of 818
I bought a new DAC+ and the new Chord Qutest this week. In the process of comparing the two.
But there is an issue with the DAC+ volume attenuation jumpers. Mine was running a tad hot into my pre, so off the lid went to insert the 4 jumpers.
Left channel was fine, but the right channel has major issues, frequent ticking noise with the sound dipping with each tick, very quickly.
Tried it a few times, but no change, thought I might have a bad unit, so I emailed Mytek and got a swift 5 minute reply informing me that they found a bug, and the jumpers must be removed, and next week they will be releasing a firmware update that’ll add a gain control for each input on the control panel, the same way it’s done on the Manhattan II.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2018 at 7:03 AM Post #122 of 818
I have to agree with @Kerwin515 that the DAC+ is a good improvement over the DAC - especially in regards to the headphone amp. I gotta give a plug to Travis at Corpse Cables for my custom cables. He made me a balanced Mytek cable with his GraveDigger custom Cardas rubber cable that is hella flexible and sounds amazing.

Do you mean you have the dual 1/4" jacks as part of the cable and not just one terminated with an XLR plug that you use with a separate adapter?

Mar 3, 2018 at 7:08 AM Post #123 of 818
I bought a new DAC+ and the new Chord Qutest this week. In the process of comparing the two.
But there is an issue with the DAC+ volume attenuation jumpers. Mine was running a tad hot into my pre, so off the lid went to insert the 4 jumpers.
Left channel was fine, but the right channel has major issues, frequent ticking noise with the sound dipping with each tick, very quickly.
Tried it a few times, but no change, thought I might have a bad unit, so I emailed Mytek and got a swift 5 minute reply informing me that they found a bug, and the jumpers must be removed, and next week they will be releasing a firmware update that’ll add a gain control for each input on the control panel, the same way it’s done on the Manhattan II.

Thanks for the info! It's great and pretty amazing that they can do this in firmware.

Mar 4, 2018 at 8:21 AM Post #129 of 818

In the mean time you can put the Mytek in digital or analog volume mode and turn the gain all the way up to -6dB.

Mar 19, 2018 at 10:36 AM Post #135 of 818
Hmmmmm...I wonder if this is the same bug I posted about on the Roon forum. I have the USB Volume Control set to Win so I can control it from within Roon. With PCM files, volume control works as it should. When I play DSD files and try to change volume, Roon indicates that it's changing, but the B+ doesn't do anything and you have to use the knob.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back