Mytek Brooklyn Thread
Mar 19, 2018 at 10:55 AM Post #136 of 807
Hmmmmm...I wonder if this is the same bug I posted about on the Roon forum. I have the USB Volume Control set to Win so I can control it from within Roon. With PCM files, volume control works as it should. When I play DSD files and try to change volume, Roon indicates that it's changing, but the B+ doesn't do anything and you have to use the knob.

I discussed this with the folks at Mytek within the last hour and they are investigating it and do acknowledge there is an issue with DSD volume control

Mar 30, 2018 at 12:00 PM Post #144 of 807
Thanks for the update I see it on the website support page now. I don't plan to update firmware until there are perceivable sonic improvements. I am using S/PDIF input from a Schiit Eitr only with my DAC+. For me if it is not broken don't fix it. Not being able to roll back updates concerns me so not in a hurry to update. Better safe than sorry and DAC+ sounds just fine as shipped for files and streaming. The only complaint I have with my DAC+ is some digital glare on Toslink in from TV.

Mar 30, 2018 at 12:28 PM Post #145 of 807
For those of you out there using the B+ with the balanced cable, do you detect a hiss with nothing playing? I detect an ever so slight hiss, whereas using a single ended cable it's dead quiet.

Mar 30, 2018 at 1:02 PM Post #146 of 807
How's the sound signature? The same?

it has been almost 2 weeks since the upgrade and I have no way to compare I cant say if it is the same. I just spent the last week traveling and was relying on my IEMs and a WM-1A as the source. I only have a few hours listening to v 1.21, so I don't have a good brain burn to micro assess the sound sig. I can tell you that after listening to some ripped SACDs (Spyro Gyra, Dire Straits, The Band) I have no complaints

Thanks for the update I see it on the website support page now. I don't plan to update firmware until there are perceivable sonic improvements. I am using S/PDIF input from a Schiit Eitr only with my DAC+. For me if it is not broken don't fix it. Not being able to roll back updates concerns me so not in a hurry to update. Better safe than sorry and DAC+ sounds just fine as shipped for files and streaming. The only complaint I have with my DAC+ is some digital glare on Toslink in from TV.

I agree with you mantra of if it ain't broke..., but the last two firmware updates contained feature updates as well so I took an early leap. in the future my days as a guinea pig may be over

Mar 31, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #150 of 807
Updated went smoothly for me. No issues.

did you go from 1.11 to 1.21, or did you go 1.11 to 1.20 to 1.21? the latter was the path I took and the 1.21 upgrade file didn't seem to finish (Mytek logo stayed multicolor) after I few minutes I loaded the 1.21 firmware and that ran until completion and then the DAC was functional

Users who are viewing this thread

Back