Mytek Brooklyn Thread
Oct 23, 2023 at 2:04 PM Post #796 of 818
Not necessarily, no. They can (are intended) to be hooked up to any line level output. That could be a receiver, CD player, integrated amp, etc.
Thanks. So given that it looks like the Mytek Brooklyn Bridge does not appear to have line level outputs I guess I'm going to have to bin the idea of using a headphone amp with it?

Oct 23, 2023 at 3:12 PM Post #797 of 818
Thanks. So given that it looks like the Mytek Brooklyn Bridge does not appear to have line level outputs I guess I'm going to have to bin the idea of using a headphone amp with it?

I think it must have line level outputs, you just have to set volume bypass in the menu.

If you send me a link to the manual I'll check it.

Oct 23, 2023 at 4:08 PM Post #799 of 818
Cheers,

Link to manual here if you scroll down the page.

https://mytek.audio/world/shop/brooklyn-bridge-301#attr=21

Sorry for the crappy screenshot, new keyboard :frowning2:

Anyway, this is the same UI as my DAC+ You set Allow Bypass On (10.2.10) and set Bypass on (10.2.11) and then the headphone outputs are controlled by the volume knob but the RCA and XLR outputs (and probably the digital outputs also) are line-level.

1698091577319.png

Oct 23, 2023 at 5:19 PM Post #800 of 818
Sorry for the crappy screenshot, new keyboard :frowning2:

Anyway, this is the same UI as my DAC+ You set Allow Bypass On (10.2.10) and set Bypass on (10.2.11) and then the headphone outputs are controlled by the volume knob but the RCA and XLR outputs (and probably the digital outputs also) are line-level.

1698091577319.png
Thanks, I'll weigh all this up before pushing the button on the Beyerdynamic

Oct 24, 2023 at 2:32 AM Post #801 of 818
There is nothing alarming here. Because of the safe design, worst case is that you get less than line-out volume from the Bridge. Take your time and start with the Beyer volume all the way down and turn it up gradually. If you get to the point you should be hearing something and you're not, turn the volume all the way down again, check settings and try again.

Oct 24, 2023 at 2:39 AM Post #802 of 818
@gryffe as @gimmeheadroom says you are on the safe side when following his advice. I have connected number of headphone amps to my Brooklyn Bridge, including Mytek THX AAA headamp which is quite powerful and every time everything worked flawlessly. The synergy is most important keyword here, Mytek has its own sound signature which if I rember correctly is partially influence by volume control so depending on your setup settings and headamp specification you may get different sound.

Oct 24, 2023 at 3:14 AM Post #803 of 818
Thanks guys, certainly food for thought. I'll weigh up the pros and cons of all this (even though they may just be my pros and cons lol), as well as the cost involved over the next few days

Oct 24, 2023 at 3:21 AM Post #804 of 818
Thanks guys, certainly food for thought. I'll weigh up the pros and cons of all this (even though they may just be my pros and cons lol), as well as the cost involved over the next few days
Do you not have the Beyer amp already?

Oct 24, 2023 at 4:56 AM Post #806 of 818
No, not yet.
You should make sure it is a warm amp, the Brooklyns are pretty cold.

I would even recommend tubes if you live in America.

Oct 24, 2023 at 5:15 AM Post #807 of 818
You should make sure it is a warm amp, the Brooklyns are pretty cold.

I would even recommend tubes if you live in America.
@gryffe Ditto. @gimmeheadroom is right. From my own perspective and taste I would add: do not pair it with sterile and/or (very) bright amps unless you will pair with a dark, warm and a bit muddy cans like AudioQuest NOs or NHs but even than it maybe questionable pairing. By sterile I do not mean transparent amps BTW. For me the biggest Mytek advantage is detail retrieval and its sound signature which as @gimmeheadroom said quite cold: perfect for piano and some string instruments. IMHO the MQA filter (even on non-MQA content) makes the sound a bit warmer but keep in mind this is all so subjective.

Apr 8, 2024 at 3:22 PM Post #808 of 818
This might seem like a daft question, but here goes. I cant find the thread now, but I'm sure I read that if you sell your Brooklyn Bridge you should reset to factory settings first.
I hopefully have a buyer for mine soon, and if I sell is setting to factory settings something I should do, and if so why would it need to be done?

ps - if anybody is interested I have it for sale on here.

Apr 8, 2024 at 3:28 PM Post #809 of 818
@gryffe probably due to your Wifi access details like key/password :wink: Wise recommendation. Have no idea if factory reset downgrades the firmware too. Maybe not. Never did it myself. My Mytek stays with me. I can not find another so versatile dac with so much detailed information during playback. Sounds great too as far as ESS chip based dacs are concerned. IMHO only MHA150 beats it in terms of musicality at least from all those ESS based dacs I've heard so far. Some AKM based dac can be as detailed yet with a bit more smooth/velvet sound but far from some of the best R2R dacs.

Apr 8, 2024 at 3:41 PM Post #810 of 818
Cheers, t
@gryffe probably due to your Wifi access details like key/password :wink: Wise recommendation. Have no idea if factory reset downgrades the firmware too. Maybe not. Never did it myself. My Mytek stays with me. I can not find another so versatile dac with so much detailed information during playback. Sounds great too as far as ESS chip based dacs are concerned. IMHO only MHA150 beats it in terms of musicality at least from all those ESS based dacs I've heard so far. Some AKM based dac can be as detailed yet with a bit more smooth/velvet sound but far from some of the best R2R dacs.
Cheers thanks for reply, yeah wifi details sounds like could be the reason. I am reluctantly selling because I never felt the vinyl playback was that great through it so I forked out for a phono stage and new amp which meant it became surplus. Not getting rid of the Brooklyn Amp + power amp though, amazing sound through my speakers from that amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back