MYSPHERE 3.1-UNIQUE in SOUND&DESIGN&BUILD QUALITY
Jul 11, 2020 at 3:59 AM Post #1,112 of 1,383
Some years ago, one of the original engineers of the famous AKG K1000 popped up on Head-Fi, Heinz Remmer.
I'm pretty sure he is Heinz Renner, not Remmer.:)
I'm waiting for my new Mysphere 3.2 for three weeks now and I hopefully will get them in another two weeks. They have to adjust the frame for a better fitting. Heinz was very helpful. When I had the demo pair I sent him tons of pictures in order to get best results how to adjust the frame for best fitting.
Does it actually mean that it is now possible to order a custom headband that will be made for your head? It would be very nice.

Jul 24, 2020 at 4:14 AM Post #1,113 of 1,383
Sorry if it appears that I cribbed the OLED/Mysphere comparison from someone else - it just so happened that a new OLED TV arrived at home at the same time as the Mysphere 3.2s. The deep blacks of the screen seemed to mirror the dynamics of the Mysphere perfectly and so, although I hadn't read the OLED TV analogy before I wrote my mini-review, it remains a perfect analogy IMHO.

Jul 29, 2020 at 4:57 PM Post #1,115 of 1,383
I was interested in this but have since lost interest since I saw all the water proofing/ easy to drive/ different future versions etc. I really do not care for those things and just want a more comfortable bass heavy version of the original at the original $1200 msrp. Just me but it looks allot like there are too many cooks in the kitchen.
Ahhhhh hahaha.

Jul 31, 2020 at 1:44 AM Post #1,116 of 1,383
4k USD for a curved ruler, two tiny speakers attached with magnets.

This is what the headphone game has become.
The same red herring reduction applies to anything we can choose. Feel free to enjoy the cheapest and nastiest headphones, because they're all the same, aren't they? Anything more than $50 is a rip off, isn't it? :rolling_eyes: I'm thoroughly enjoying my ruler with 2 speakers attached magnetically.

Aug 10, 2020 at 3:17 AM Post #1,117 of 1,383
Tried out some of the optional "earpads" for the Mysphere 3.2 headset (I've put that in inverted commas, because the earpads don't actually touch the ears). The B version earpads nicely correct the only fault I can find in the Myspheres - an early roll-off of the bass. Superb! Sounding wonderful through the Burson Conductor 3X Reference.

Aug 10, 2020 at 4:37 AM Post #1,118 of 1,383
Tried out some of the optional "earpads" for the Mysphere 3.2 headset (I've put that in inverted commas, because the earpads don't actually touch the ears). The B version earpads nicely correct the only fault I can find in the Myspheres - an early roll-off of the bass. Superb! Sounding wonderful through the Burson Conductor 3X Reference.

Hello
What is it B version “earpads”? Where you bought them? Thank you.

Aug 10, 2020 at 4:40 AM Post #1,119 of 1,383
The B version is the "bass enhanced" version. You can order them from Mysphere or your local Mysphere distributor. There's also the "T" (for transparent) and "S" (for the standard version.

Aug 17, 2020 at 2:25 AM Post #1,121 of 1,383
I've just been using the SPL's original Phonitor with the Mysphere 3.2 for a great listening session with the Fred Hersch Trio's "Alive At The Village Vanguard". It sounds just as wonderful as when the Burson Conductor 3x Reference drives it (which means spectacular), so add this amplifier to the list of ones that can drive the Mysphere 3.2 effectively.

Sep 24, 2020 at 6:12 AM Post #1,122 of 1,383
Further to the above comment, the dynamics with the Phonitor/Mysphere 3.2 combination are outstanding. Listening to Jacques Loussier Trio's "Plays Bach" on Telarc, the kick drum "transients" are almost shocking, in its best possible meaning. The piano also sounds like a real piano (= great midrange and vocals) and the bass is right up where you didn't expect it to be with this type of headphone - nicely extended without the excess heard in many other phones. I use the "B" ear cushions as I find they nicely fill out the bottom end without any additive or subtractive side effects.
The headphone itself is beautifully made (as it should be at that price, I hear some say), but price isn't always a guarantee of build quality.
5 stars.

Sep 24, 2020 at 6:25 AM Post #1,123 of 1,383
I've just been using the SPL's original Phonitor with the Mysphere 3.2 for a great listening session with the Fred Hersch Trio's "Alive At The Village Vanguard". It sounds just as wonderful as when the Burson Conductor 3x Reference drives it (which means spectacular), so add this amplifier to the list of ones that can drive the Mysphere 3.2 effectively.

The reason why I did not list the SPL Phonitor in my "amp-list is, that I did not have the cahnce to hear it personal.
But some customers are confirming what you wrote!! :)

BR heinz

Sep 24, 2020 at 6:48 AM Post #1,124 of 1,383
The reason why I did not list the SPL Phonitor in my "amp-list is, that I did not have the cahnce to hear it personal.
But some customers are confirming what you wrote!! :)

BR heinz
:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back