MYSPHERE 3.1-UNIQUE in SOUND&DESIGN&BUILD QUALITY
Feb 18, 2020 at 6:36 PM Post #1,081 of 1,383
Bought the 3.2 MS from wooaudio - I didn't order anything special with the 3.2 MS .
Looking forward to this. Thanks Heinz and all for your efforts - will report back after I
spend lots of time with it. This is gonna take some time.

see my profile for my setup equipment.

Currently the STAX SR009, HD800, Final Audio D8000, and the Empyrean are getting the most head time with the RS-1 Grado and Sony MDR-Z1R following close. I am using all of my headphones weekly - they are like old friends and each has it's own Pelican Storage case.

Question regarding storage = Is the MS Case moisture resistant?

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2020 at 11:13 PM Post #1,083 of 1,383
Bought the 3.2 MS from wooaudio - I didn't order anything special with the 3.2 MS .
Looking forward to this. Thanks Heinz and all for your efforts - will report back after I
spend lots of time with it. This is gonna take some time.

see my profile for my setup equipment.

Currently the STAX SR009, HD800, Final Audio D8000, and the Empyrean are getting the most head time with the RS-1 Grado and Sony MDR-Z1R following close. I am using all of my headphones weekly - they are like old friends and each has it's own Pelican Storage case.

Question regarding storage = Is the MS Case moisture resistant?
Moisture does not make any harm for the MS and the case as well!
Br heinz

Feb 20, 2020 at 10:19 AM Post #1,084 of 1,383
Hi,
Can some experienced MS owners let me know what to expect and recommend accessories?

Thanks in advance
For me, a nice improvement was to change the standard XLR wire with a new PLUSSOUND X16 Gold Plated Hybrid. I find that sound has better richness, a fuller medium which is the strength of those headphones. Not that this cable is a change maker but it has an audible impact.

Feb 20, 2020 at 5:58 PM Post #1,085 of 1,383
Received today, been letting them acclimate to my house temperature - it was about 20 degrees Fahrenheit out.
First impression, Heinz, my goodness is the stock cable short! Storage case very nice and the MS 3.2 - beautiful.
Will return with more - she needs and I will take time. This is as the thread title says, a very Unique headphone.
It's built and engineered like a fine watch and it appeals to the eye and hand.

The band sits and fits like a fine glove on my cranium. Relieved that it fits so comfortably. Placement and positioning was not a problem at all - after reading so many perspectives, mine is that it was made for my head.

I can confirm that it is indeed operational and drivers are matched. No defects on either soundframe or the band.
Everything looks great and it was shipped very securely.

More to come.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2020 at 6:26 PM Post #1,086 of 1,383
Received today, been letting them acclimate to my house temperature - it was about 20 degrees Fahrenheit out.
First impression, Heinz, my goodness is the stock cable short! Storage case very nice and the MS 3.2 - beautiful.
Will return with more - she needs and I will take time. This is as the thread title says, a very Unique headphone.
It's built and engineered like a fine watch and it appeals to the eye and hand.

The band sits and fits like a fine glove on my cranium. Relieved that it fits so comfortably. Placement and positioning was not a problem at all - after reading so many perspectives, mine is that it was made for my head.

I can confirm that it is indeed operational and drivers are matched. No defects on either soundframe or the band.
Everything looks great and it was shipped very securely.

More to come.

Happy to read that your first impressions are good.
To the stock cable :
It was the idea of the initiator of this thread that mobile players will become great and users become mobile with MS and those players. That's why longer cable would disturb.
May be the community should decide if a change in length should be done..
Br heinz

Feb 20, 2020 at 7:41 PM Post #1,087 of 1,383
Happy to read that your first impressions are good.
To the stock cable :
It was the idea of the initiator of this thread that mobile players will become great and users become mobile with MS and those players. That's why longer cable would disturb.
May be the community should decide if a change in length should be done..
Br heinz
Note to those reading this:

I bought my pair of MS 3.2 as opposed to the loaner program.

I could see this short length for the MS 3.1 but maybe not the MS 3.2?
Just my humble opinion. This truly is an amazing piece of kit Heinz!
It's a wonderous headphone - so incomparable. I will eventually be ordering
extra cables - I need the balanced XLR and then a longer 1/4 inch. All in good time.

Also want to order different soundframe filters to change the flavor that I savor.
For now, I'm going to enjoy this work of art and drink in the delicious sounds.

Also, want to say WooAudio shipped them to me super fast 2 day shipping free!
Shout out to the WooAudio staff!

Heinz please push the accessories to them as they are my supply line to Austrian Art like
the MS 3.2!

UPDATE: WHAT A SPEAKER LIKE HOLOGRAPHIC SOUNDSTAGE - MY GOD!

Update on 3/01/2020 @ 10:03pm EST:

So I've been listening to these headphones for several days for about two to three hours per night on various amps like the Chord Mojo, RSA Hornet via the IPOD thru the ALO line outs, on the Benchmark (see profile), the Sony (see profile), the GS-1 and the Fiio, but usually I'm enjoying from the Sony portable and I'm going to release my thoughts to this point. We are definitely dealing with an extraordinary headphone that is so truly unique in terms of it's presentation, comfort, ergonomics and soundstage and imaging that it's in it's own category. A most astounding and out of the head experience that my jaw has dropped. It's so amazing to me that I'm hearing such detailed nuances in the music that it makes me want to build a system for just this headphone. So I've gone ahead, and based on Heinz endorsement, and ordered the Astell and Kern Kann cube to assist me in further immersion into musical bliss.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2020 at 3:23 AM Post #1,089 of 1,383
I've posted up my video about the MYSPHERE headphones. What was interesting that I was playing music through my speakers, and the MYSPHERE at the same time, and putting them on my head, the music was in almost perfect sync, so they really are producing a speaker-like sound, except for the low bass.

May 1, 2020 at 4:57 PM Post #1,091 of 1,383
I’m wanting a truly portable 3.2 system, and wonder if there are any views on whether a FiiO M15 would drive them well - I know this isn’t all about power but the M15 does look unusually promising (I know my Sony DAP won’t do well).

May 4, 2020 at 3:28 AM Post #1,092 of 1,383
I’m wanting a truly portable 3.2 system, and wonder if there are any views on whether a FiiO M15 would drive them well - I know this isn’t all about power but the M15 does look unusually promising (I know my Sony DAP won’t do well).
Hello, I did not test the M15 but only the little X15 from FiiO. Unfortunately it pairs not well with MYSPHERE 3. :frowning2:
Anybody else here in the forum who tried the M15?
BR heinz

Jun 8, 2020 at 11:15 PM Post #1,094 of 1,383
I've been enjoying my 3.2 for months now.
I'm using the Kann cube's 3.5 mm unbalanced out
in mid amp setting and my volumes around 105.
This is the only headphone that really gives complete
separation and layered listening. The spatial separation
is unbeatable - it's a special headphone. An added
benefit for me is there is no contact with my ears/head
and the result is complete ventilation without hot spots.
This headphone/headspeaker stands alone in comfort alone
and the sound is simply stunning. I really have no regrets
and now I'm in pursuit of a 2.5mm balanced terminated cable
for my beloved 3.2 MS - The Kann Cube rocks with
unbalanced but..well...you know...if there's more to
be had - I want it. Help me Moon Audio, you're my
only hope.

I just purchased the needed cables for the MS from Woo-Audio - a balanced 2.5mm and a balanced XLR.

Unrelated: Ordered for the Kann the 5 pin xlr to dual xlr to use as the source for my Stax. Side by side I will be able to bounce from the Stax Sr-009/Sr-007 to the MS 3.2. Life is sweet!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back