MYSPHERE 3.1-UNIQUE in SOUND&DESIGN&BUILD QUALITY
Oct 6, 2019 at 8:16 PM Post #1,051 of 1,383
I guess that is the risk of doing something different, the need for likely very expensive and particular architecture amplification to make the design come fully to life. Ultimately for those with the resources this isn't a barrier, but a further reward as they get the joy of equipment matching and the search for that perfect synergy.

Oct 7, 2019 at 3:37 AM Post #1,053 of 1,383
I guess that is the risk of doing something different, the need for likely very expensive and particular architecture amplification to make the design come fully to life. Ultimately for those with the resources this isn't a barrier, but a further reward as they get the joy of equipment matching and the search for that perfect synergy.

Mysphere 3.1 and DNA Stellaris supposedly have a godly synergy.

Oct 7, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #1,055 of 1,383
DNA Stellaris and MySphere 3.1 is a holy grail setup, like the Stax 009, BHSE. Still, you do have to like the type of fast, delicate and precise sound this setup can make,there's no other sound presentation quite like it, K1000 done right. Bass lovers will be found lacking, just like the 009 it's not for everyone.

MySphere 3.1 needs a very clean amp especially if going tubes. ECP DHA3F might be a killer setup as well as BH Mainline. Woo doesn't apply.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2019 at 9:17 PM Post #1,056 of 1,383
DNA Stellaris and MySphere 3.1 is a holy grail setup, like the Stax 009, BHSE. Still, you do have to like the type of fast, delicate and precise sound this setup can make,there's no other sound presentation quite like it, K1000 done right. Bass lovers will be found lacking, just like the 009 it's not for everyone.

MySphere 3.1 needs a very clean amp especially if going tubes. ECP DHA3F might be a killer setup as well as BH Mainline. Woo doesn't apply.
I get the idea of very clean and fast, agile bass where all possible detail and nuance is realised, but without some weight and impact I can't enjoy it enough.

Oct 8, 2019 at 3:53 AM Post #1,057 of 1,383
Depends on your definition of some. With the tracks MySphere excels at I never found the low end thin or without impact. In my view there are two downsides to the MySphere bass: 1. Doesn't reach low enough, I'm talking Abyss,Susvara levels so few cans do. 2. If volume is increased it starts to distort, not an issue in my view as I'd never listen that loud but for perfectionists that can be a problem.

The bass is extremely well integrated, great punch, similar to the HD800 low end but more impact and better defined.

Oct 21, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #1,060 of 1,383
How does MySphere work with the good but non-insane Woo amps, eg wa22 or wa5-le?

You will definitely want the 3.1 with both. It'll work but I don't think that it's the best pairings for the price.

Oct 22, 2019 at 6:17 PM Post #1,062 of 1,383
How does MySphere work with the good but non-insane Woo amps, eg wa22 or wa5-le?

Sorry for the late reply. We just returned from a trade show in Toronto Canada.

We used MYSPHERE at the show with WA11 topaz (inside the Unity Smart Case). The pairing is great! If you're more interested in a separates system, WA22 2nd gen is also a great pairing.

upload_2019-10-22_15-16-4.jpeg

Dec 12, 2019 at 11:40 AM Post #1,064 of 1,383
Hello KaiSc,

This very old post in the K1000 thread you mentioned, was meant differently and very much leading to confusions if reading not in the complete context. Sorry for that originally written in year 2012!

With 25Hz as original target of the K1000 was meant the -10dB point measured relative to the SPL at 1kHz.

The target resonance frequency was 50Hz during the development phase of the K1000. "Bass light" products much later had a f0 of 85Hz.
My personal old product has still a f0 of 65Hz.
So your measurements are accurate and you own obviously a "bass heavy" version of the K1000.

BR heinz

Dec 16, 2019 at 9:27 PM Post #1,065 of 1,383
Hello KaiSc,

This very old post in the K1000 thread you mentioned, was meant differently and very much leading to confusions if reading not in the complete context. Sorry for that originally written in year 2012!

With 25Hz as original target of the K1000 was meant the -10dB point measured relative to the SPL at 1kHz.

The target resonance frequency was 50Hz during the development phase of the K1000. "Bass light" products much later had a f0 of 85Hz.
My personal old product has still a f0 of 65Hz.
So your measurements are accurate and you own obviously a "bass heavy" version of the K1000.

BR heinz
Heinz, thank you very much for this valuable information, finally clearing things up.
This is much better for identification of the bass heavy version than looking at the color of the box the AKG K-1000 is delivered in :ksc75smile:.

Now with this information at hand a simple objective measurement can show if one's got the K-1000 bass light or bass heavy version.
Hope you don't mind if I quote you in the "History of the AKG K1000" thread!?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back