1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

MYSPHERE 3.1-UNIQUE in SOUND&DESIGN&BUILD QUALITY

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by nomax, Sep 8, 2016.
First

Back
58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67
69 70
Next

Last
  1. Zhanming057
    It's not about the power. It's about output coupling and the Pimavera is neither an OTL tube nor a solid state amp. The higher impedance is also not going to help if the matching is poor - with the Primavera, optimal results should occur with the Mysphere 3.2 and not 3.1.

2. XP_98
    How can we distinguish between new and old head-bow ?

3. hrklg01 Contributor
    It can be measured with a sliding caliper. The metal sheet of the "old" had 0.85mm and the "new one" has 0.72mm - and is made of a slightly different alloy, but this is not visible.

4. qazxsw80
    An interesting podcast from innerfidelity.com with Heinz Renner about his work at AKG and developing the K1000 and Mysphere. Some of the information can be found here in this thread but there are some new interesting things.

DonR likes this.
  5. hrklg01 Contributor
    True! It was a funny day and audio take! If anybody has further questions, just ask.
    BR heinz

Zhanming057 likes this.
  6. hrklg01 Contributor
    Maybe also interesting:

BR heinz

7. qazxsw80
    Isn't he wearing the Mysphere a little bit too high on his head? I mean his ear canal is too low relative to the center of the sound frames. I thought that the entrance of the ear canal is supposed to be in front of the dome of the driver.

8. hrklg01 Contributor
    Yes, it is as you described... But he had only little time. However the impression about sound stage was very strong

9. cladane
    Hi,

About 3.1 and 3.2, considering the pairing with tubes amps, which of the two would better suit the impedance output of this kind of amp ?
    I read that you advocated the 3.1 ? What would be the reason ?

10. XP_98
    Could someone try the MySphere 3.2 paired with the Chord TT2 + M scaler ?

11. dm24
  12. some1x
    I am wondering about the possibility of a simplified design using the same drivers. The current headband with detachable driver enclosure is very cool and probably expensive to manufacture. Would be nice to have a trickle down version in the future :)

fa02 likes this.
  13. XP_98
    Yes, me now !.. :wink: Have the magic trio since a week.
    Sounds fantastic :)

14. m17xr2b
    With CanJam just around the corner I'll get to hear the best headphones I've ever listened to again. Can't wait to see what this SR1a business is all about but somehow I don't feel it will win me over.

First

Back
58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67
69 70
Next

Last