MYSPHERE 3.1-UNIQUE in SOUND&DESIGN&BUILD QUALITY
Feb 24, 2017 at 2:13 PM Post #256 of 1,383
  ok let's compromise:
you say $3k ...i prefer $1k (albeit perhaps unrealistically)
...so $2k..and can that be in Canadian dollars please 
(30% discount on the US dollar right there...so even better for my southern cousins and friends across the pond, lol)
wink.gif
 ..hey it's Friday...nice to dream a bit, eh?

You're really dreaming mate. I can't see this going for under $3000US.

Feb 24, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #257 of 1,383
  You're really dreaming mate. I can't see this going for under $3000US.

yes most possibly...guess i was sleep deprived or engaging in 'wishful thinking'
this said, i wont' be shelling out for it right away
(as im also looking at the new hugo 2 or another DAC)
....one purchase at a time.

but if this new set of cans blows away the competition at that price point
(lcd 4, new hifiman 1000v2 or gives a good run at the new hifiman $6k series)
then I tip my hat in respect...really hope their approach is unique and ushers
in a new respect for cans as offering a truly good alternative to a $$$$ room unit.

one last thing: i was reading (darko or ty) that many audio firms are struggling...and it's the 
portable market that is saving them with lower priced tier products (think OPPO and Audeze)
...that sure they might want to promote their flagships, but the reality of it is the more moderate
priced items that are sustaining them.

Feb 24, 2017 at 2:38 PM Post #258 of 1,383
As the Initiator this Unique Project.....i think its time to show the world a little bit more of this Headphone

Regards from Austria

NOMAX

​This will probably become the most beautiful headphone on the planet!
popcorn.gif

Their price point will be above 3k $ without much doubt, but at least Heinz pointed out that it will be below 5k. It will definitely earn ist place, just as the K1000 did so many years ago.

Feb 24, 2017 at 3:24 PM Post #260 of 1,383

I seem to recall in reading prior posts that the price will likely be in the $3K range, but can't confirm where I read that.   There would be a market for it even at that price.  Look at the K1000 - after all these years they are consistently going for in excess of $1,500 on the used marketplace.  I think the original price was around $700.  Although a new company, the advantage they have is the involvement of the K1000 developers and the reputation that headphone has in the industry. 

Basically correct.
However, the K1000 was sold for ATS 10.000,- in year 1990.
Due to inflation this would be about USD 5.000,- at least today.
Myshpere 3.1 will go for lower cost - promised!

KR heinz

I'm interested – I liked the sound of the K1000, but couldn't wear it longer than for a few seconds (most uncomfortable headphone ever, also due to the need to hold the head still like in a vice for preventing dislocation).

Heinz, does it do low bass?

Feb 24, 2017 at 3:25 PM Post #261 of 1,383
  yes most possibly...guess i was sleep deprived or engaging in 'wishful thinking'
this said, i wont' be shelling out for it right away
(as im also looking at the new hugo 2 or another DAC)
....one purchase at a time.

but if this new set of cans blows away the competition at that price point
(lcd 4, new hifiman 1000v2 or gives a good run at the new hifiman $6k series)
then I tip my hat in respect...really hope their approach is unique and ushers
in a new respect for cans as offering a truly good alternative to a $$$$ room unit.

one last thing: i was reading (darko or ty) that many audio firms are struggling...and it's the 
portable market that is saving them with lower priced tier products (think OPPO and Audeze)
...that sure they might want to promote their flagships, but the reality of it is the more moderate
priced items that are sustaining them.

Yes, affordable gear is the bread and butter for sure. I'm just glad that companies do invest in TOTL statement pieces, but without a doubt after the $500 level of expenditure, diminishing returns are significant. Still, for those that can afford such indulgences, who can blame them?

Feb 24, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #262 of 1,383
Looks unique. But I don't understand how the headband is going to be adjusted to different shapes of heads without causing "hot spot" pressure points. I mean there're so many people and they have heads of all shapes and sizes but the arch seems stiff and rigid.

Feb 24, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #263 of 1,383
  Looks unique. But I don't understand how the headband is going to be adjusted to different shapes of heads without causing "hot spot" pressure points. I mean there're so many people and they have heads of all shapes and sizes but the arch seems stiff and rigid.

Looks like there will be an adjustable suspension mechanism under the hardshell.

Feb 24, 2017 at 3:55 PM Post #264 of 1,383
  Yes, affordable gear is the bread and butter for sure. I'm just glad that companies do invest in TOTL statement pieces, but without a doubt after the $500 level of expenditure, diminishing returns are significant. Still, for those that can afford such indulgences, who can blame them?

totally agree!
and if $3k can truly be competitive against a pricier room setup then what the hell, why not. 
(again i refer to my bud who once had a $70k room system that was way more finnicky
per placement and all the accessories: bass traps, $3k interconnect cables, room calibration etc)
I'm interested, too, of course.

Feb 24, 2017 at 4:09 PM Post #265 of 1,383
Of course the drivers are adjustable and suitable for all heads mounted.
Many 3-D scans of real heads and averaged 3-D data of heads was involved to develop the full functionality.

There will be very little specific surface pressure on the head. But the "clamping area" is large and therefore the headphone will be quite stiff fixed to the head. But without pain!
You can shake the head and put in into all positions you like.
The driver will stay in position!

No "hot spots" on the head due to pressure. There is a very nice material used which distribute the pressure. Promise! You'll feel the difference to many other products! And no sweating skin anywhere!

Last but not least:
It's about the sound. The sound reproduction is really astonishing close to reality.
No! Nothing for "Bass enthusiasts" and nothing for "high frequency drill's"
Measurements will be shown beginning March on Mysphere 3.1 homepage after final acoustic adjustment towards common taste.

BR heinz

Feb 24, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #266 of 1,383
Heinz...

...there's a contradiction in the specs published on Open-End Music (by Otwin): The whole membrane is said to move piston-like due to its rigidity, on the other hand there's the center dome with the goal of reproducing «frequencies above 15 kHz». So something's not exactly right.

However, Im looking forward to the MySphere 3.1 release.
smile.gif

Feb 24, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #268 of 1,383
It's not a contradiction.
Rigity of the membrane is designed frequency dependent.
Update to 15 kHz it is rigid, above the Dome moves almost separate but rigid too.

Thanks – I halfways suspected that piston-like movement in one piece can't be true up to 20 kHz and above. After all Otwin is talking of the «best impulse response of any headphone»...

So you're saying that low bass reproduction is considerably extended compared to the K 1000? That was its only unfixable tonal weakness I was able to detect in the short auditions its wearing comfort allowed for.

Feb 24, 2017 at 5:17 PM Post #270 of 1,383
Of course the drivers are adjustable and suitable for all heads mounted.
Many 3-D scans of real heads and averaged 3-D data of heads was involved to develop the full functionality.

There will be very little specific surface pressure on the head. But the "clamping area" is large and therefore the headphone will be quite stiff fixed to the head. But without pain!
You can shake the head and put in into all positions you like.
The driver will stay in position!

No "hot spots" on the head due to pressure. There is a very nice material used which distribute the pressure. Promise! You'll feel the difference to many other products! And no sweating skin anywhere!

Last but not least:
It's about the sound. The sound reproduction is really astonishing close to reality.
No! Nothing for "Bass enthusiasts" and nothing for "high frequency drill's"
Measurements will be shown beginning March on Mysphere 3.1 homepage after final acoustic adjustment towards common taste.

BR heinz

There was a conference at RMAF where Paul Barton spoke about the 20hz-1k region being the key area for subjective musicality/enjoyment in some study with speakers!?!? The accuracy in this region being most important, as the rest is easier to control.  This is how I understood it. Could you please share some insight. I am not acoustic engineer, or audiophile, psychoacoustician etc etc. or anything like that. Just a music love learning. Please keep in layman terms.

@35:00 mark. He was speaking about speakers and the research done in Canada.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back