MYSPHERE 3.1-UNIQUE in SOUND&DESIGN&BUILD QUALITY
Feb 24, 2017 at 1:51 AM Post #241 of 1,383
Hi,
We'll show some very first proto's on the 25th of March at the head-fi meet & greet in Vienna.
This will be 3-D printed parts only, just demonstrating acoustic potential and showing the mechanic idea behind.
But missing robustness as the final products out of massive machined aluminium will offer.
Best regards,
heinz

Heinz...On pricing...Hopefully the final price won't be too cost-prohibitive.   I remember reading an interview with John Franks of Chord (at bottom)...Was talking about how they made the Mojo using really great parts, and that they made agreements with some of the suppliers that they were able to get the price down because they promised to sell a ****load of the units...so would sell more on volume vs high price (because they could have charged more but they didn't)...Hopefully you can take the same approach as I'm sure there will be a demand for them if they do what they purport to.  

In the end I realize each scenario is different, of course.

http://www.stereolifemagazine.com/interviews/item/1165-john-franks-chord-electronics

"StereoLife Magazine

''Question: Isn't it a waste putting this whole design into something so small as the Mojo?

JF:  ''Oh I think such products have a great future. In case of the Mojo, I wanted it to be something really unique, like a pebble just with buttons and stuff. Even the feel of the thing is something you would remember, or the fact that the ball rotates. It doesn't do anything, it could have been a normal button but it's just nicer this way. I just wanted it to be something people would like to hold and play with. The reason we managed to get it to such a low price is because we've negotiated really, really hard not only with our subcontractors, but with all of their suppliers. The chips used in it, at a low volume, would cost about the same as this whole product, where actually we got really good deals but we had to commit to massive volumes."

Feb 24, 2017 at 5:15 AM Post #242 of 1,383
@canali

Those market approach are clever of course. (cost vs volume)
However, this is true if a company has already the necessary equipment for production and staff in place. But if a company has to be founded first, it has to invest a lot of things.

But the sales price will be fair when comparing to other products on the market offering really great sound and build quality and service.

Kind regards,
heinz

Feb 24, 2017 at 7:04 AM Post #243 of 1,383
You guys are creating a sphere?! How cool is that! Next step, a dyson sphere? Congrats. That's some huge/massive thing/expectations.

I'll be patient. Make something great!

Feb 24, 2017 at 7:24 AM Post #244 of 1,383
Pretty sure it won't be less than the HE1000 or Utopia... Wouldn't be surprised if it was double that.

Feb 24, 2017 at 11:36 AM Post #246 of 1,383
Pretty sure it won't be less than the HE1000 or Utopia... Wouldn't be surprised if it was double that.

Don't ruin my dream! Please reverse this crazy pricing trend!

Feb 24, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #248 of 1,383
Feb 24, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #250 of 1,383

sorry but i cannot see that.
imo doing that (charging $$$ or more) would be suicide from such a new company with no sales traction or reputation established yet.
(esp in the areas of quality control, cust service ... in post sale support, components' failure rate or 'issues'...repairs etc etc etc)
..just my thoughts.

....there is a whole big market out there being neglected in the $1k zone (give or take).
(just look at the anticipation for the mr speakers' 'Aeon' closed planars, for example, @ $700
or the ZMF line up)
sure these new cans might not fall in that price point but we can only hope they won't be too steep.
...otherwise many of us will buy used 6mo-1 yr later as 2nd hand or when the price drops.

Feb 24, 2017 at 1:24 PM Post #251 of 1,383
I seem to recall in reading prior posts that the price will likely be in the $3K range, but can't confirm where I read that.   There would be a market for it even at that price.  Look at the K1000 - after all these years they are consistently going for in excess of $1,500 on the used marketplace.  I think the original price was around $700.  Although a new company, the advantage they have is the involvement of the K1000 developers and the reputation that headphone has in the industry. 

Feb 24, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #252 of 1,383
ok let's compromise:
you say $3k ...i prefer $1k (albeit perhaps unrealistically)
...so $2k..and can that be in Canadian dollars please 
(30% discount on the US dollar right there...so even better for my southern cousins and friends across the pond, lol)
wink.gif
 ..hey it's Friday...nice to dream a bit, eh?

Feb 24, 2017 at 1:39 PM Post #253 of 1,383
I seem to recall in reading prior posts that the price will likely be in the $3K range, but can't confirm where I read that.   There would be a market for it even at that price.  Look at the K1000 - after all these years they are consistently going for in excess of $1,500 on the used marketplace.  I think the original price was around $700.  Although a new company, the advantage they have is the involvement of the K1000 developers and the reputation that headphone has in the industry. 

Basically correct.
However, the K1000 was sold for ATS 10.000,- in year 1990.
Due to inflation this would be about USD 5.000,- at least today.
Myshpere 3.1 will go for lower cost - promised!

KR heinz

Feb 24, 2017 at 1:41 PM Post #254 of 1,383
As the Initiator this Unique Project.....i think its time to show the world a little bit more of this Headphone

Regards from Austria

NOMAX

Users who are viewing this thread

Back