My Review: Yuin PK1 Vs. UE Triple.Fi 10 Pro
post-4543405
Post #31 of 45

steviebee

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
2,717
Reaction score
13
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Posts
2,717
Likes
13
IMO this acoustic sense is more easily heard on OK1 - it is there on Triple Fi but not as obvious. The better separation + open 'phone-like soundstage of an earbud maybe. It is this acoustic quality that makes OK1 a keeper for me.
 
     Share This Post       
post-4544043
Post #32 of 45

FlavioWolff

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
511
Reaction score
26
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Posts
511
Likes
26
My headsix batteries are gone. Just ordered some rechargeables.. should arrive in 4 or 5 days, in the meanwhile my PK1 will be burned with pink noise.. I will reach 100 hours.
 
     Share This Post       
post-4544441
Post #33 of 45

jma790

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
512
Reaction score
10
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Posts
512
Likes
10
Guys, you now made me want to buy some Yuins... if only I had money... You are really evil bad guys!
 
     Share This Post       
post-4545257
Post #34 of 45

steviebee

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
2,717
Reaction score
13
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Posts
2,717
Likes
13
Flavio, if you can get hold of a copy of Kate Bush Hounds of Love CD listen to the extended suite that makes up the last half of the album. The staging, instrumentation, sound effects and production really shows off how good Triple Fi soundstage can be. I know it's probably not your usual music choice, but it's well worth hearing if you can borrow a copy...Personally, I think our Kate's a bit of a genius, but I'm biased!
 
     Share This Post       
post-4550805
Post #35 of 45

Drag0n

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jun 11, 2004
Messages
3,706
Reaction score
13
Joined
Jun 11, 2004
Posts
3,706
Likes
13
Nice first review.

I wanted Triple Fi's, but i think i have to research a bit more before i buy.
 
     Share This Post       
post-4550869
Post #36 of 45

steviebee

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
2,717
Reaction score
13
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Posts
2,717
Likes
13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice first review.

I wanted Triple Fi's, but i think i have to research a bit more before i buy.



The joys of Head Fi, lol....

I'd check out Beyer DT660 -full size (heresy!) - they're better than the Yuins and the Triple Fi! A wicked soundstage for a closed can.
 
     Share This Post       
post-4551127
Post #37 of 45

Drag0n

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jun 11, 2004
Messages
3,706
Reaction score
13
Joined
Jun 11, 2004
Posts
3,706
Likes
13
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The joys of Head Fi, lol....

I'd check out Beyer DT660 -full size (heresy!) - they're better than the Yuins and the Triple Fi! A wicked soundstage for a closed can.



I may enjoy the DT660, but i also want the best sounding IEM i am willing to pay for, because sometimes i will need to travel very light for business and only bring my ultra portable setup.

I have UE SF-3 Studio, which are good, but sometimes i want the best i can get.
 
     Share This Post       
post-4551201
Post #38 of 45

Tomikans

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Mar 29, 2008
Messages
443
Reaction score
10
Joined
Mar 29, 2008
Posts
443
Likes
10
I really envy my girlfriends pk3's that i bought for her and i was debating if i should get the pk1's since i already have a nice d2 boa ready. although i already got my re2's.. hmm my wallet is hurting..
 
     Share This Post       
post-4551447
Post #39 of 45

steviebee

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
2,717
Reaction score
13
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Posts
2,717
Likes
13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomikans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really envy my girlfriends pk3's that i bought for her and i was debating if i should get the pk1's since i already have a nice d2 boa ready. although i already got my re2's.. hmm my wallet is hurting..


Heh, wait til you cant find your wallet cos it's locked itself in the toilet, throwing up....
 
     Share This Post       
post-4552155
Post #40 of 45

user1029

Head-Fier
Joined
Apr 18, 2008
Messages
93
Reaction score
14
Joined
Apr 18, 2008
Posts
93
Likes
14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have UE SF-3 Studio, which are good, but sometimes i want the best i can get.



*cough* UE11
 
     Share This Post       
post-4552873
Post #41 of 45

Tomikans

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Mar 29, 2008
Messages
443
Reaction score
10
Joined
Mar 29, 2008
Posts
443
Likes
10
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heh, wait til you cant find your wallet cos it's locked itself in the toilet, throwing up....


i found it, it's so hungry right now.. but it just can't keep full. it always throws up the money i put into it ..haha
 
     Share This Post       
post-4688239
Post #43 of 45

Al4x

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jan 16, 2008
Messages
2,233
Reaction score
11
Joined
Jan 16, 2008
Posts
2,233
Likes
11
i found the tf10s high end to be almost perfect for me, no sibilance, i get some of that on my full size cans, [no doubt cause they are coming from headhone jack on laptop]. the pronounced highs are what draw me, so much so that even with the prominent hi end i use the silicon tips AND treble boost on my iphone when using them, havent heard better to date
 
     Share This Post       
post-4688437
Post #44 of 45

analogbox

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jun 26, 2007
Messages
1,913
Reaction score
11
Joined
Jun 26, 2007
Posts
1,913
Likes
11
I use mine with "Spoken word" setting. I think it takes the veil out of TF10 and improves upper mids which makes guitars and vocals sound more natural to me. No sibilance from doing so. I may be immune to sibilance 'cuz I don't hear sibilance from TF10 whatsoever.
 
     Share This Post       
post-4689605
Post #45 of 45

Al4x

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jan 16, 2008
Messages
2,233
Reaction score
11
Joined
Jan 16, 2008
Posts
2,233
Likes
11
Quote:

Originally Posted by analogbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use mine with "Spoken word" setting. I think it takes the veil out of TF10 and improves upper mids which makes guitars and vocals sound more natural to me. No sibilance from doing so. I may be immune to sibilance 'cuz I don't hear sibilance from TF10 whatsoever.


do you get any from you hfi 780s? i do!

but form the tf10 non, the only eq i can use is trble boost the others all distort, on iphone that is
 
     Share This Post       

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top