My Review: Yuin PK1 Vs. UE Triple.Fi 10 Pro
Jul 30, 2008 at 11:08 PM Post #31 of 45
IMO this acoustic sense is more easily heard on OK1 - it is there on Triple Fi but not as obvious. The better separation + open 'phone-like soundstage of an earbud maybe. It is this acoustic quality that makes OK1 a keeper for me.

Jul 31, 2008 at 4:10 AM Post #33 of 45
Guys, you now made me want to buy some Yuins... if only I had money... You are really evil bad guys!
biggrin.gif

Jul 31, 2008 at 9:48 AM Post #34 of 45
Flavio, if you can get hold of a copy of Kate Bush Hounds of Love CD listen to the extended suite that makes up the last half of the album. The staging, instrumentation, sound effects and production really shows off how good Triple Fi soundstage can be. I know it's probably not your usual music choice, but it's well worth hearing if you can borrow a copy...Personally, I think our Kate's a bit of a genius, but I'm biased!

Aug 1, 2008 at 6:30 PM Post #35 of 45
Nice first review.
smily_headphones1.gif

I wanted Triple Fi's, but i think i have to research a bit more before i buy.

Aug 1, 2008 at 6:44 PM Post #36 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice first review.
smily_headphones1.gif

I wanted Triple Fi's, but i think i have to research a bit more before i buy.

The joys of Head Fi, lol....

I'd check out Beyer DT660 -full size (heresy!) - they're better than the Yuins and the Triple Fi! A wicked soundstage for a closed can.

Aug 1, 2008 at 7:55 PM Post #37 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The joys of Head Fi, lol....

I'd check out Beyer DT660 -full size (heresy!) - they're better than the Yuins and the Triple Fi! A wicked soundstage for a closed can.

I may enjoy the DT660, but i also want the best sounding IEM i am willing to pay for, because sometimes i will need to travel very light for business and only bring my ultra portable setup.

I have UE SF-3 Studio, which are good, but sometimes i want the best i can get.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 1, 2008 at 8:19 PM Post #38 of 45
I really envy my girlfriends pk3's that i bought for her and i was debating if i should get the pk1's since i already have a nice d2 boa ready. although i already got my re2's.. hmm my wallet is hurting..

Aug 1, 2008 at 9:35 PM Post #39 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomikans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really envy my girlfriends pk3's that i bought for her and i was debating if i should get the pk1's since i already have a nice d2 boa ready. although i already got my re2's.. hmm my wallet is hurting..

Heh, wait til you cant find your wallet cos it's locked itself in the toilet, throwing up....

Aug 2, 2008 at 12:29 AM Post #40 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have UE SF-3 Studio, which are good, but sometimes i want the best i can get.
smily_headphones1.gif

*cough* UE11
confused_face(1).gif
confused_face(1).gif

Aug 2, 2008 at 3:47 AM Post #41 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heh, wait til you cant find your wallet cos it's locked itself in the toilet, throwing up....

i found it, it's so hungry right now.. but it just can't keep full. it always throws up the money i put into it ..haha

Sep 4, 2008 at 1:22 AM Post #43 of 45
i found the tf10s high end to be almost perfect for me, no sibilance, i get some of that on my full size cans, [no doubt cause they are coming from headhone jack on laptop]. the pronounced highs are what draw me, so much so that even with the prominent hi end i use the silicon tips AND treble boost on my iphone when using them, havent heard better to date

Sep 4, 2008 at 2:22 AM Post #44 of 45
I use mine with "Spoken word" setting. I think it takes the veil out of TF10 and improves upper mids which makes guitars and vocals sound more natural to me. No sibilance from doing so. I may be immune to sibilance 'cuz I don't hear sibilance from TF10 whatsoever.

Sep 4, 2008 at 10:01 AM Post #45 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by analogbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use mine with "Spoken word" setting. I think it takes the veil out of TF10 and improves upper mids which makes guitars and vocals sound more natural to me. No sibilance from doing so. I may be immune to sibilance 'cuz I don't hear sibilance from TF10 whatsoever.

do you get any from you hfi 780s? i do!

but form the tf10 non, the only eq i can use is trble boost the others all distort, on iphone that is

Users who are viewing this thread

Back