My oh My how things change
Jan 14, 2005 at 11:52 PM Post #46 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by ServinginEcuador
(Emphasis added by myself)

I guess all I can say is:
confused.gif

I made a bad joke, alluding to the remote, but slightly higher risks of 'cramped' P2P wired amps in general... the new Singlepower amps with this design of PCB should be even safer than the 'old style ' P2P wired amps, is all. There was nothing intrinsically * wrong * with the old style; it's just nice to see an new PCB design that is SO 'san-o ', to quote an old California phrase... it seems to be a HUGE step forward for Mikhail; a bold move by a great designer and builder.

Congrats, Mikhail. I'm warming up my credit card...
icon10.gif

Jan 17, 2005 at 6:41 PM Post #49 of 55
Been away for a few days and just saw this thread.

I'm happy for Mikhail because this should be great for business. I assume the Supra will still be wired P2P?

Jan 18, 2005 at 7:14 PM Post #51 of 55
Just noticed this thread. The new boards look very nice and they should help him reduce labor costs a bit and to fulfill orders faster so that means we can have even more fellow Singlepower owners
biggrin.gif

Jan 18, 2005 at 9:43 PM Post #52 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by gregeas
What's the ETA on the new amps? Also, will the external appearance change at all? I wouldn't mind a more slim form factor that fits in my audio cabinet...

The case is the same. The only difference is the boards inside, instead of P2P. ETA is now. Mikhail has the boards in stock. I'm auditioning a circuit board MPX-3 as I type.

Jan 18, 2005 at 10:02 PM Post #53 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by kevin gilmore
Only one company left on my list that seriously needs to clean up
their act. As recent pictures have shown extra components added
for grounding and noise problems.

confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
I thought that you said the last time, that only Mikhail was left on your list...Anyway we know of that boards and there are even some pics of them in one meet IIRC.....two thumbs up for Singlepower Audio!!!!!

Jan 18, 2005 at 10:30 PM Post #54 of 55
That was until i saw real pictures with extra added "shielding" and a
few other items of the real units. Big difference between deliberately
poor photography, with lousy contrast ratio and decent high resolution
pictures.

Jan 19, 2005 at 12:59 AM Post #55 of 55
So is Mikhail still doing P2P on some of his amps? I know a long ways back it was discussed that only the PPX3 was getting the board treatment because Mikhail believed that P2P was better sonically. I'm also in agreement with the don't fix what isn't broken comment made early, but hey, this stuff looks infinitely better.

Whatever became of the whole "Pure Class A" or not claim, as well as the possibility that these designs were inspired by circuits on Head-Wize, out of curiousity? I don't want to restart a firestorm of a debate, but things were locked down when we still had people arguing that at certain volumes the amp is class A and at others its AB, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back