huh, huh, he said penetrate, huh, huh
* Beavis Off *

Jan 14, 2005 at 6:19 AM Post #17 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer
* Beavis On *
* Beavis Off *

I laughed. Out loud. I'm mildy ashamed that it happened, but it did.

Jan 14, 2005 at 6:22 AM Post #18 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer
* Beavis On *
* Beavis Off *

LOL!!
tongue.gif

Jan 14, 2005 at 7:30 AM Post #19 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver
But if there was never a problem- Why did things change?

My guess would be public opinion. All the negative press that was generated a few months ago caused Mikhail to come up with a product that satisfies the negative press, but still sounds great. If not for the negative press here I doubt he would have ever come up with a PCB version of his products. I guess it shows that not only is the guy sensitive to public opinion, he's also able to do a pretty good job of making the changes necessary to make changes. If Dr. Gilmore is impressed with his work that says something to me.

Any manufacturer that completely ignores public opinion does so at their own peril. Those with the ability and desire to make necessary changes due to public outcry are those that deserve the most respect.

Major kudos to Mikhail and the entire Singlepower team! While I've heard about the new PCB option I've never seen it until today.

Jan 14, 2005 at 8:21 AM Post #23 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by chumley
A little thing called 'tort law'.

Quote:

tort law: an overview

Torts are civil wrongs recognized by law as grounds for a lawsuit. These wrongs result in an injury or harm constituting the basis for a claim by the injured party. While some torts are also crimes punishable with imprisonment, the primary aim of tort law is to provide relief for the damages incurred and deter others from committing the same harms. The injured person may sue for an injunction to prevent the continuation of the tortious conduct or for monetary damages. (See Damages) Among the types of damages the injured party may recover are: loss of earnings capacity, pain and suffering, and reasonable medical expenses. They include both present and future expected losses.

There are numerous specific torts including trespass, assault, battery, negligence, products liability, and intentional infliction of emotional distress. Torts fall into three general categories: intentional torts (e.g., intentionally hitting a person); negligent torts (causing an accident by failing to obey traffic rules); and strict liability torts (e.g., liability for making and selling defective products - See Products Liability). Intentional torts are those wrongs which the defendant knew or should have known would occur through their actions or inactions. Negligent torts occur when the defendant's actions were unreasonably unsafe. Strict liability wrongs do not depend on the degree of carefulness by the defendant, but are established when a particular action causes damage.

Tort law is state law created through judges (common law) and by legislatures (statutory law). Many judges and states utilize the Restatement of Torts (2nd) as an influential guide. The Restatement is a publication prepared by the American Law Institute whose aim is to present an orderly statement of the general law of the United States.

(Emphasis added by myself)

I guess all I can say is:
confused.gif

Jan 14, 2005 at 8:35 AM Post #24 of 55
Doug, the "tort law" comment is bait at best, and IMO, this isn't the thread for it. Mikhail deserves to be congratulated for the new boards, period.

I've got a couple of the "old" Singleppower amps and have no concerns, none, zero, nada, about their safety.

Jan 14, 2005 at 9:38 AM Post #25 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
Doug, the "tort law" comment is bait at best, and IMO, this isn't the thread for it. Mikhail deserves to be congratulated for the new boards, period.

I've got a couple of the "old" Singleppower amps and have no concerns, none, zero, nada, about their safety.

DITTO...
I'm still waiting to see if the biggest complainers of the P2P circuit give Mikhail any credit. I'm sure they will find something with the boards to b**** about.
I would think that Mikhail designed the boards to take away any fear that people had (real or imagined) with the P2P amps, and not because they were in any way faulty. It's a smart business move.

Jan 14, 2005 at 10:07 AM Post #26 of 55
I heard that Mikhail was looking into moving to boards before the threads questioning the workmanship of the amps arose. Was to keep costs down and make it quicker and easier to build them. From everything I heard about Mikhail I wouldn't worry about it affecting the sound negativly. If the move to a board made his amps sound worse than I doubt he'd do it.

Jan 14, 2005 at 10:48 AM Post #27 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by kevin gilmore
All those people with the old models, you better hold on to them.
They will turn into pricy collectors pieces.

nice to see that Mikhail is back!!!
as a proud owner of the older
etysmile.gif
"timebomb"
etysmile.gif
model I'm very curious to know if these will sound better

jacopi|!

Jan 14, 2005 at 11:26 AM Post #28 of 55
In theory how far could the cost come down??

What are the characteristics of each tipe( p2p and circuit board)???
Is one better than the other??

The pictures surely look good!!!!

Jan 14, 2005 at 12:40 PM Post #29 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by soulblaze
I heard that Mikhail was looking into moving to boards before the threads questioning the workmanship of the amps arose. Was to keep costs down and make it quicker and easier to build them. From everything I heard about Mikhail I wouldn't worry about it affecting the sound negativly. If the move to a board made his amps sound worse than I doubt he'd do it.

well if the sound is the same as p2p then wouldn't this have a better longivity? and overall better?

Jan 14, 2005 at 1:41 PM Post #30 of 55
My guess is that the decision to go PCB has more to do with manufacturing issues - as in, being able to make more amps faster & consistently - than the P2P issues. Once the design is done, and a solid manufacturing process is put into place, the need for intense personal labor is relieved considerably. But hey, if you can kill two birds with one stone, all the better, right?

One thing I am certain of though, is that Mikhail went thru an extensive process to make sure sound quality did not suffer in the conversion. Maybe someone will be able to do a head-to-head between the older P2P models and the new PCB versions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back