my new setup.
Jun 17, 2004 at 4:13 PM Post #46 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by fyrfytrhoges
someones got way too much dispensable income lying around.........

Not any more.
lambda.gif

BW

Jun 17, 2004 at 4:18 PM Post #48 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil_JV
Does anyone else now hate ayt999?
biggrin.gif

Nice setup.......s.

JV.

Nah, I don't hate him. I just need to find out where he lives... and maybe his daily schedule.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 17, 2004 at 4:29 PM Post #49 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by adhoc
ayt, does your ps-1 come with a leather headband?

i'm looking for a leather headband to give my ms-2 that last bit of 'luxe' factor. grado labs, in a remarkable display of customer service, gave me a >10-word answer to a relatively detailed email that while answering my main question, left quite a bad taste in my mouth. anyone know where to get leather grado headbands??
confused.gif

same headband as the RS-1. (I think... only time I saw an RS-1 was at the san jose meet, but I am pretty sure it was the same) I don't know if you can use it, since it is metal where it attaches to the cups and probably hard to take apart. if you are looking for a similar headband, but want some plastic cup holders that are easily opened, the RS-2 headband seems to work well. NeilPert posted about this in a thread a while back, I assume he won't mind you PMing him for more information.

Jun 17, 2004 at 4:33 PM Post #50 of 103
eek.gif

*jaw drops*

Nice setup man!

But seriously. For those bucks, ever thought of a speaker setup?

EDIT: That sounded weird and offensive. Absolutely no pun intended.
Still, speakers create an, IMHO, more realistic sound.

Jun 17, 2004 at 4:46 PM Post #53 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by h88147
Impressive setup!...accuphase dp-55..Maybe you should upgrade your source. Be sure take dp-75v in account!
icon10.gif

you can look in my profile if you couldn't make out the pictures.
smily_headphones1.gif
I could of course upgrade to the transport / decoder setup of the DP-100 / DC-101 which apparently retails for $28000 in the US combined according to a FS ad at audiogon (quite overpriced compared to japan). but it shouldn't be too different than what I have and will be much more of a hassle to bring back from japan. Quote:

and you joined this forum in what year???

march 2004?
smily_headphones1.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil_JV
Does anyone else now hate ayt999?
biggrin.gif

I hate Head-Fi.
evil_smiley.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fadamacka
But seriously. For those bucks, ever thought of a speaker setup?

I live in an apartment and move around now and then being a student... nevermind that for now I seem to like headphones more than speakers. Quote:

Originally Posted by ampgalore
Used ones on audiogon are around 4-5k.

oh really? tell me where those are and I would go and get one right now since it is so cheap.
rolleyes.gif
the DP-77 (and the model it replaced, the DP-75) which are models below mine usually go for that price, maybe even more if in good condition.

Jun 17, 2004 at 5:56 PM Post #54 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by ampgalore
PS: I only dream that I had the wealth to acquire these
biggrin.gif

not to mention space.
eek.gif
wink.gif

Jun 17, 2004 at 6:21 PM Post #55 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
same headband as the RS-1. (I think... only time I saw an RS-1 was at the san jose meet, but I am pretty sure it was the same) I don't know if you can use it, since it is metal where it attaches to the cups and probably hard to take apart. if you are looking for a similar headband, but want some plastic cup holders that are easily opened, the RS-2 headband seems to work well. NeilPert posted about this in a thread a while back, I assume he won't mind you PMing him for more information.

thanks for the heads-up. actually i too remembered someone fiddling with grado headbands - but, well search is down. thanks for putting a name to the mod!
wink.gif

Jun 17, 2004 at 6:36 PM Post #57 of 103
Quote:

i was joking, i know when you joined, i guess i just wonder how a "student" can afford such a "humble" system? or even call it humble for that matter.

ya, I know. but you asked the question.
tongue.gif
the CDP was apparently an early graduation gift from my grandparents? fine with me.
biggrin.gif

Jun 17, 2004 at 7:01 PM Post #58 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
ya, I know. but you asked the question.
tongue.gif
the CDP was apparently an early graduation gift from my grandparents? fine with me.
biggrin.gif

By any chance would your grandparents be interested in adopting another grandson?
biggrin.gif

Jun 17, 2004 at 7:13 PM Post #59 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu
By any chance would your grandparents be interested in adopting another grandson?
biggrin.gif

naw... I think they have enough as it is. they just got a new one a few months ago anyways. my uncle's wife had a baby.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 17, 2004 at 7:44 PM Post #60 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by Canman
not too shabby...

how are you enjoying the BH / Omega 2? I enjoyed your amps when Justin brought them to Hirsch's meet. The BH / Omega 2 is on the top of my list and the Gilmore / PS-1 is one of the best dynamic combos I have heard. You need to get the PS-1 rewired for balanced mode.
lambda.gif

Beautiful system! I agree with Canman. I would have every pr. of dynamic phones I had where they could be used fully balanced.
What tube amp are you getting for the R10's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back