my new setup.
Jun 17, 2004 at 12:52 AM Post #17 of 103
Humble? I think a better term would be "Lusty"
smily_headphones1.gif
Now you need a big audio rack for extra isolation. Granite anyone?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 17, 2004 at 2:06 AM Post #21 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkclouds
That's one sweet setup!

Now... to upgrade the rack.

Too true, he needs something that will let the Gilmore Balanced sit on one shelf and leave room for the tube amp he's gonna buy to go with the R-10s. Man that would be an amazing sight!
biggrin.gif

Jun 17, 2004 at 2:11 AM Post #22 of 103
Behold my works, ye mighty, and dispair.
biggrin.gif

Now that's the sort of wretched excess I can genuinely admire. Congratulations on an enviable aggregation. However do you decide which system to grace with your attention on any given day?

BW

Jun 17, 2004 at 2:13 AM Post #23 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer
Too true, he needs something that will let the Gilmore Balanced sit on one shelf and leave room for the tube amp he's gonna buy to go with the R-10s. Man that would be an amazing sight!
biggrin.gif

working on it.
smily_headphones1.gif
maybe I'll get the WooAudio amp since someone (a Head-Fier) reminded me how much I spent already and I think I should cut back.
eek.gif

and gpalmer, why do you have five posts in this thread already.
confused.gif
tongue.gif

Jun 17, 2004 at 2:28 AM Post #24 of 103
It's a decent setup.
tongue.gif

You need a headphone stand, some bigger power cords, and a nice seat (or do you already have one?).

Jun 17, 2004 at 2:32 AM Post #26 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
You need a headphone stand, some bigger power cords, and a nice seat (or do you already have one?).

I have an urban outfitters dish chair... very comfortable. I have a few other nice chairs around the place so I think I am set with that. you can see them in the Berkeley meet thread (most of them at least).

I was thinking of laying all the headphones on a table or something. too many headphones to be dealing with headphone stands. power cord (and IC) upgrades should be coming up soon, at least I am planning on it.

Jun 17, 2004 at 2:34 AM Post #28 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by D-EJ915
Nice setup AYT, you should get a MD unit to go with it
icon10.gif
hahaha

I can put my portable MD setups by it... maybe connected to the grado HPA-1 amp.
tongue.gif
or digital output to the grace 901.
biggrin.gif

Jun 17, 2004 at 2:37 AM Post #29 of 103
Alex, I hope you love your setup.

For me, upgraditis has basically killed the joy i found in my gear. you have some wonderful toys, i hope you never tire of them

Jun 17, 2004 at 2:43 AM Post #30 of 103
From the looks of it, your Grace is nearing retirement. Sigh, the Grace is the crown jewel in my rig.
eek.gif

I finally thought I was done with upgrading for a while. Now back to the drawing board. Oh wait, I forgot, there is nothing left in my wallet!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back