my new setup.
Aug 12, 2004 at 10:54 PM Post #91 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
the rig changed a bit... this should be close enough to what it currently looks like:

You need some banana hangars for all those 'phones!

Aug 12, 2004 at 10:55 PM Post #92 of 103
too busy to be looking at racks right now... but I'll definitely look into it once I have time.

the Omega II is doing fine sitting next to the R10 and L3000.

I don't think I have enough space for that many banana hangers. finding a store that carries enough for me may be difficult too.

Aug 12, 2004 at 11:15 PM Post #93 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhodyavphile
Definitely looks like a nice rig to listen to.... But after spending all that hard earned cash, albeit some from outside sources.... You really need to get a real rack.... Look at Silent Running Audio.... It even has the granite mentioned earlier....

Earned cash? Ever heard of of things called rich families?
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 13, 2004 at 1:39 AM Post #94 of 103
I agree....you'll get alot more out of that Accuphase if you set it up better.

I used to use the Accuphase 90 and 91 transport and DAC seperates and I found that even with a top notch stand (I used a custom Billy Bags) they really benefitted from Golden Sound Mats and Golden Sound ceramic cones.

I tried different footers but the Golden Sounds worked the best with my Accuphase.

Far and away the best power cord I found with my Accuphase gear was the FIM Gold. While pricey at $1,200 for a 5 foot run it easily bested at least 3 other more expensive power cords from Electraglide and Elrod (and many less expensive from Shunyata, Nordost, Kimber etc.). I still like the more expensive Elrods on my amplifiers.

I do not know how these might interact with the PS audio though. I had a PS500 multiwave and never liked it but I can understand that you might need it for the Accuphase....Still, it would be cheaper to put a 220v outlet in your home (if that is what your Japanese version uses). I know a guy who had two 220v circuits run to drive his amplifiers and they sound great.

Aug 13, 2004 at 4:40 AM Post #96 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbratrud
I used to use the Accuphase 90 and 91 transport and DAC seperates and I found that even with a top notch stand (I used a custom Billy Bags) they really benefitted from Golden Sound Mats and Golden Sound ceramic cones.

I tried different footers but the Golden Sounds worked the best with my Accuphase.

I'll look into those when I start looking for a stand. I haven't had much time to really look at them since I got the player two months ago but it will happen soon. Quote:

Far and away the best power cord I found with my Accuphase gear was the FIM Gold. While pricey at $1,200 for a 5 foot run it easily bested at least 3 other more expensive power cords from Electraglide and Elrod (and many less expensive from Shunyata, Nordost, Kimber etc.). I still like the more expensive Elrods on my amplifiers.

$1200 power cords? they better be magical cords that really transform the sound. I'l have to think about this one. Quote:

I do not know how these might interact with the PS audio though. I had a PS500 multiwave and never liked it but I can understand that you might need it for the Accuphase....Still, it would be cheaper to put a 220v outlet in your home (if that is what your Japanese version uses). I know a guy who had two 220v circuits run to drive his amplifiers and they sound great.

japan uses 100V so I most likely don't need the power plant there but I don't notice much if any of a difference in sound so it stays. something tells me that the landlady whom we rent the apartment from won't go for the idea of a dedicated line for a tenant that's only going to live here for a year or so.

Aug 13, 2004 at 5:16 AM Post #99 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer
He's told me the L3000 is his favorite, at least that was the last I heard
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
the R10 is slowly growing on me though, but with my current amps the L3000 is the one I usually go for.

I've used AT cans since the W11JPN was still on the market as a new product so I guess there is a slight bias there.

Aug 13, 2004 at 7:19 AM Post #100 of 103
Alex, you should make a picture of all your headphone boxes too....R-10 box, Omega II box, Audiotechnica boxes, Grado boxes....where are they?
biggrin.gif

Aug 13, 2004 at 10:02 AM Post #102 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by Permonic
Alex, you should make a picture of all your headphone boxes too....R-10 box, Omega II box, Audiotechnica boxes, Grado boxes....where are they?
biggrin.gif

well, since you asked... here they are open and here they are closed.

match the headphone with the box.

Aug 13, 2004 at 11:28 AM Post #103 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
well, since you asked... here they are open and here they are closed.

match the headphone with the box.

Thanks for the pictures.Big headphones (R10) = big box
tongue.gif
. And the Grado cardbox....
rolleyes.gif

BTW it would be perfect to make a flash game in style of Get out of the room where you will have to place all your headphones into proper boxes.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back