my new setup.
Jun 17, 2004 at 8:09 PM Post #61 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom hankins
What tube amp are you getting for the R10's?

something cheap? like a WooAudio or maybe one from China. I don't have money to spent on another amp.
tongue.gif

I am somewhat thinking of getting one of the mig setups though. any other suggestions?

Jun 17, 2004 at 8:29 PM Post #62 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
something cheap? like a WooAudio or maybe one from China. I don't have money to spent on another amp.
tongue.gif

Supra, Supra, Supra, Supra, Supra, Supra, Supra

But seriously, let's look at the numbers, if you sell off a couple things
Grace 901 - 1000
L3000 to GPalmer - 200
W2002 - 700

biggrin.gif

Jun 17, 2004 at 8:36 PM Post #63 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer

Grace 901 - 1000
L3000 to GPalmer - 200
W2002 - 700

biggrin.gif

grace 901 - 1000
L3000 to tom hankins- 500
W2002 - 700
icon10.gif

Jun 17, 2004 at 8:45 PM Post #64 of 103
lol... something doesn't look quite right there in either of your posts.

Jun 17, 2004 at 8:46 PM Post #65 of 103
Quote:

tongue.gif

I am somewhat thinking of getting one of the mig setups though. any other suggestions?

Check with some of the people who may have heard the Singlepower PPX3/6sn7 at the NY meet with the R10. Or PM Hirsch and see what he thinks of both the new and old model PPX3 with his R10. Personaly I'd get either the Singlepower Giant Supra(NY meet) or the new Singlepower SDS in the Maestro case if I was looking for a new tube amp besides what I have already. Neither are cheap though. The best bargain I have heard in tube amps is the Singlepower PPX3. It's a major league amp for under 500.00. The level of sound and looks are so above it's price range it's just amazing how Singlepower can make any money off these things.
That said......SinglePower Supra, SDS, or Maestro would be my choices.

Jun 17, 2004 at 8:49 PM Post #66 of 103
Quote:

lol... something doesn't look quite right there in either of your posts.

Ha Ha...
icon10.gif
We both got the important part right though. The Supra.

Jun 17, 2004 at 8:51 PM Post #67 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by fyrfytrhoges
i was joking, i know when you joined, i guess i just wonder how a "student" can afford such a "humble" system? or even call it humble for that matter.

I'm a student and my stuff look like toys compared to ayt999's. Funny thing is, most people I know think I'm nuts for spending how much I have. Thats why I like head-fi, I feel very frugal and practical here.

Jun 17, 2004 at 8:55 PM Post #68 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom hankins
Ha Ha...
icon10.gif
We both got the important part right though. The Supra.

I was considering that amp, but for some reason I wound up with a balanced reference and a Blue Hawaii.
tongue.gif
hopefully I'll get around to looking at the SDS in more detail, but contacting Mikhail and asking for SDS and Maestro price guides but only getting that of the Maestro on multiple occasions isn't helping.
smily_headphones1.gif
maybe I should call him soon. (and stop mentioning the Maestro)

Jun 17, 2004 at 8:59 PM Post #69 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by remilard
I'm a student and my stuff look like toys compared to ayt999's. Funny thing is, most people I know think I'm nuts for spending how much I have. Thats why I like head-fi, I feel very frugal and practical here.

biggrin.gif

The feeling is mutual
biggrin.gif

Jun 17, 2004 at 10:16 PM Post #70 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by adhoc
thanks for the heads-up. actually i too remembered someone fiddling with grado headbands - but, well search is down. thanks for putting a name to the mod!
wink.gif

You're probably thinking of NeilPeart, I believe he has or had an RS-2 (leather) headband on his SR-225s.

-jesse

Edit: Go me, I didn't read ayt999's reply carefully. A mod can delete this post if they wish.

Jun 18, 2004 at 1:53 AM Post #71 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by ampgalore
For speakers, may I humbly recommend Infinity IRS V, truly the king of all speakers.

[huge pictures]

PS: I only dream that I had the wealth to acquire these
biggrin.gif

Eh, those don't look as big as, say some Martin Logan Statement E2s. And I'm not even taking into account the two sub towers, each with eight 15" subs. All of this weighs a grand total of 1,800lbs though, so you might need to pay a litte bit more than the $80,000 asking price to beef up your floor.

Jun 18, 2004 at 2:41 AM Post #72 of 103
Quote:

the CDP was apparently an early graduation gift from my grandparents? fine with me.
biggrin.gif

Your relatives are obviously "audiophile friendly". You're lucky. In many cases family members tend to oppose this expensive hobby.
rolleyes.gif

Jun 18, 2004 at 2:49 AM Post #73 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by reeseboisse
Eh, those don't look as big as, say some Martin Logan Statement E2s. And I'm not even taking into account the two sub towers, each with eight 15" subs. All of this weighs a grand total of 1,800lbs though, so you might need to pay a litte bit more than the $80,000 asking price to beef up your floor.

I read they are 12' drivers in the Martin logan statement E2's. 8 in each, 16 total.

The Inifinity's also have an array of 12in drivers for the sub towers. The picture shows 6 in each tower, but who knows what else is hidden behind the cabinet housing the ribbon drivers
biggrin.gif

Jun 18, 2004 at 2:52 AM Post #74 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by Permonic
Your relatives are obviously "audiophile friendly". You're lucky. In many cases family members tend to oppose this expensive hobby.
rolleyes.gif

I haven't had complaints from my family yet, but I suppose thats because these are my parents I am talking about, and I haven't actually begged them for money to use on the hobby. I've been buying stuff right from my pocket. I guess the situation would be different if I were married like some of the people here.
biggrin.gif

Jun 18, 2004 at 2:52 AM Post #75 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by Permonic
rolleyes.gif

Most parents oppose premature audiophile spending habbits for good reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back