my new setup.
Jun 17, 2004 at 2:47 AM Post #31 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
working on it.
smily_headphones1.gif
maybe I'll get the WooAudio amp since someone (a Head-Fier) reminded me how much I spent already and I think I should cut back.
eek.gif

Naw, you need to get the supra minimum. You can finance it by selling off some of your other gear without spending any more money. That would give you three truly amazing systems to switch between depending on mood. I think that's about the saturation point, after that it gets hard to give each of them the attention they deserve.

Quote:

and gpalmer, why do you have five posts in this thread already.
confused.gif
tongue.gif

Someone needs to encourage you to spend more money!
biggrin.gif
And I'm trying to get more posts than joelongwood and this is a good thread for it.
evil_smiley.gif
Is there an extra charge for the posts?
eek.gif

Jun 17, 2004 at 2:53 AM Post #32 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer
eek.gif

yes, you letting me borrow and try out your equipment for a while.
biggrin.gif

Jun 17, 2004 at 2:54 AM Post #33 of 103
Quote:

Naw, you need to get the supra minimum. You can finance it by selling off some of your other gear without spending any more money. That would give you three truly amazing systems to switch between depending on mood. I think that's about the saturation point, after that it gets hard to give each of them the attention they deserve.

Someone needs to encourage you to spend more money!
biggrin.gif
And I'm trying to get more posts than joelongwood and this is a good thread for it.
evil_smiley.gif
eek.gif

LOL... you crack me up gpalmer. There's definitely a certain amount of pride and satisfaction involved in getting another member to spend more money.
biggrin.gif

Jun 17, 2004 at 3:07 AM Post #34 of 103
not too shabby...

how are you enjoying the BH / Omega 2? I enjoyed your amps when Justin brought them to Hirsch's meet. The BH / Omega 2 is on the top of my list and the Gilmore / PS-1 is one of the best dynamic combos I have heard. You need to get the PS-1 rewired for balanced mode.
lambda.gif

Jun 17, 2004 at 3:27 AM Post #35 of 103
the BH / O2 isn't warmed up yet (I have been turning it off a few times to troubleshoot a few things) and is not fully burned in so I would want to refrain from giving impressions until then. it does have a tremendous soundstage though.
biggrin.gif

I really haven't listened to the setup that much
tongue.gif
since I am busy with other things at the moment, but I'll be sure to give them a listen later tonight.

come to think of it, I think many at the maryland meet have listened to it more than I have. to say the least, you guys got a listen before I did.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 17, 2004 at 3:32 AM Post #36 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkclouds
LOL... you crack me up gpalmer. There's definitely a certain amount of pride and satisfaction involved in getting another member to spend more money.
biggrin.gif

Heh, I figure it's the least I can do after ayt999 was nice enough to loan me the Leatherheads which I can sense is going to cost me some money. I always loved the W2002s for what they did and the L3000 takes that to the next level. I'm not sure I would pay full selling price for them new but if the right used set comes up for sale I think I would go for them.

Jun 17, 2004 at 9:50 AM Post #37 of 103
Quote:

I'm not sure I would pay full selling price for them new but if the right used set comes up for sale I think I would go for them.

There was a pair in the FS forum, I don't know if it is taken though.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 17, 2004 at 9:55 AM Post #38 of 103
pretty eh?

PICT0083.jpg

Jun 17, 2004 at 10:16 AM Post #39 of 103
Quote:

pretty eh?

PICT0083.jpg

Awesome set up that totally makes me envious. That's a wicked sight with the tubes all lit up on the BH, hope I can obtain a BH/Omega II set up one day.

Jun 17, 2004 at 10:38 AM Post #40 of 103
damn! a ps-1!
eek.gif

OT warning:

ayt, does your ps-1 come with a leather headband?

i'm looking for a leather headband to give my ms-2 that last bit of 'luxe' factor. grado labs, in a remarkable display of customer service, gave me a >10-word answer to a relatively detailed email that while answering my main question, left quite a bad taste in my mouth. anyone know where to get leather grado headbands??
confused.gif

Jun 17, 2004 at 2:42 PM Post #42 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by h88147
Impressive setup!...accuphase dp-55..Maybe you should upgrade your source. Be sure take dp-75v in account!
icon10.gif

Umm no thats the dp-85.. worth $16,000

Jun 17, 2004 at 2:49 PM Post #44 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chefguru
Umm no thats the dp-85.. worth $16,000

Sorry for my mistake!...It is still a high price for this SACD player.(probably normal for foreigner)I know a man spent only about $10,000 for his dp-100+dc-101!
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back