My IEM Round-Up (64 Earphones Compared with a LOT MORE Coming)
Mar 2, 2013 at 11:36 AM Post #196 of 202
It is only from my experience, i found the braided cable of the R-50 to be prone to a bit of wind noise and the odd thud while with my brief time with the Vsonics, i found the cables so soft and never made a noise. both 8.5 and 10 are very highs scores so this shows neither have problems and i found the Vsonics to be better than r50 in a direct comparison. We are of course going to find differences.
It is also worth noting on the latest version of the graph i do not have the Vsonics at 10.

May 13, 2013 at 7:06 AM Post #198 of 202
I have not heard that in a while and am really not a fan of it it, a bassy muddy mess. I would rate the SQ between 5 and 5.5 overall with high scores for bass quantity and low for treble and midrange.

May 13, 2013 at 8:38 PM Post #199 of 202
Interesting, I think they sound quite good, although the isolation isn't there to get decent bass response. Then again, I don't have much experience with any premium IEMs, so maybe I don't know what I'm missing (something I'm beginning to believe as I read more and more threads on this site, lol). I love the "stayhear" fit though, as I have a hard time getting any other type of IEM to stay in my ear.

I'm thinking of going with a CIEM to resolve this situation. More specifically, the Cosmic Ears HY3. Would be my first CIEM. I'm assuming that this, compared to my current Bose IE2, will just blow my mind, as in the HY3, or any model CE will be in another league regarding sound quality. Am I right?

Jul 11, 2013 at 10:23 AM Post #202 of 202
Swimsonny, to make your immense review line-up complete you need to review the following (for now):

InEar Stage Driver 2 & 3 (SD2, SD3)
Audio Technika CK100 Pro
Heir Ai5

I am liking your review style, cool detached and objective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back