My IEM Round-Up (64 Earphones Compared with a LOT MORE Coming)
Aug 29, 2012 at 8:27 AM Post #151 of 202
Quote:

I like what I hear from this. I actually felt even the UM3x mids aren't that upfront, probably due to the smaller soundstage. The BA200 might be similar.

Hmm, the BA200 would be more similar to the W4 than the UM3x, the BA200 does not have the type of recessed treble than the UM3x has, but more of a very smooth one. But I found the UM3x's mids really upfront, hence the smaller sounstage, I guess I got opposite impressions from yours xD

Quote:
Okay i meant more vocal centric. Also the Heir is perfectly balanced so do not think that i mean that the Heir had recessed mids. I say that the BA200 is vocal centric because of how relaxed the treble is.

Weird, since I found the Heir's vocals to be really intimate, but I never got the feeing from the BA200s, but I guess you can say the BA200s are pretty vocal centric too. 

Aug 29, 2012 at 11:12 AM Post #152 of 202
Quote:

Hmm, the BA200 would be more similar to the W4 than the UM3x, the BA200 does not have the type of recessed treble than the UM3x has, but more of a very smooth one. But I found the UM3x's mids really upfront, hence the smaller sounstage, I guess I got opposite impressions from yours xD

Hmm, yeah I can see how you get that impression. I guess I was saying that because the small soundstage, everything was upfront, so relatively, the mids weren't that upfront. Confusing I know.

Aug 29, 2012 at 11:40 AM Post #153 of 202
Quote:

Hmm, yeah I can see how you get that impression. I guess I was saying that because the small soundstage, everything was upfront, so relatively, the mids weren't that upfront. Confusing I know.

Well, I felt it sounds like the vocal is standing right in front of you, while the instruments are at the back. Well, I guess it's all generally the same, as long as the soundstage is pretty small and the mids sound pretty upfront. 

Sep 8, 2012 at 2:39 PM Post #155 of 202
Quote:
so, swimsony, i assume you´ll get a pair of UE900?

I would love to but am not sure at the moment! It would be great if i could but am not sure at this moment in time as UE have a new PR system etc. Lets hope!

Oct 15, 2012 at 2:44 PM Post #158 of 202
Added SE535 to the thread and also....

As this is thread is growing quite nicely and a fair few people are coming to me for advice on threads and through PM's quite frequently, i would like to say that if you do want to ask me anything, about my IEMs, headphones, amps, sources or what not the feel free to comment the question on this thread so that i can share the answers not only with you but the rest of the community as the question may apply to them too!

Oct 17, 2012 at 12:27 PM Post #160 of 202
Quote:
Hey swimsonny.  Are you still planning to review the Dunu DN-19?  Just curious as to what your thoughts were on it so far now that you have had it for a few weeks.  Thanks

Hey!

I am indeed and i have had them for a while and can say they are rather impressive generally and AWESOME for the price. I will do a formal review after a few other things that i have to do first. I hope to get the Nocs NS800 review up next but if you want any specific comparisons or what now i will do them for you! However, right now i am in some sort of heaven listening to my first CIEMs the ACS T2 :wink:

Quick bit on the sound. The dampeners really do change the sound. The dampeners themselves need to be made more consumer friendly, broke the first one trying to put it in and then lost the second one. As for without them they are rather bassy and have some great rumble in the sub-bass areas, personally thats not my preference and the sound really balances its self with trhe dampeners in and is more to my liking. The bass beautifully controlled now. Will give them a quick listen in a bit, when i get the T2 out my ears and give you some more as the bass is the only thing i really remember from last listen!

Add on:

Treble is very nice, very well weighted and enough extension and sparkle to give the feeling of clarity and treble presence that i like to hear but without it being to bright or strong. Mids are very well positioned but being really picky i have heard smoother and more accurate midranges but its position is very nice. Timbre can be a bit week in impact and leave me wanting a bit more but thats about it and as i have said before, GREAT FOR THE PRICE. This is all with the dampeners in by the way and i will still be doing a full review!

Oct 17, 2012 at 3:18 PM Post #162 of 202
Quote:
Thanks for the update.  I have just seen some things here and there on them and wanted to know your impressions of them.  I greatly look forward to your review.

Yeh, Tom uploaded his review today didnt he! Yeh, my review wont be up to soon but if you want any comparison or more info regarding sound or build just ask!

Oct 17, 2012 at 5:57 PM Post #163 of 202
awesome comparison table

Oct 28, 2012 at 12:54 AM Post #165 of 202
Hi,

I currently own the Westone UM2's and am considering on whether or not to upgrade to the Ortofon e-Q5. For some reason I feel like the sound coming from the UM2's are somewhat muddy and undetailed... Maybe it's just because of the filters, which I will soon replace (just ordered some Etymotic filters). Do you think that the e-Q5's would be a significant upgrade, or would you recommend some other IEM around $250?

Edit: Maybe the Westone 3?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back