My HR-2 Review
Oct 20, 2007 at 4:44 AM Post #31 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmk005 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
David,
We liked reading your impression regardless of what you heard before. Quite frankly, it's rather pompous to shun the guy for sharing...that's what this forum is for...sharing our thoughts on these rigs. OF COURSE, as we listen to more rigs we further define our tastes and we either become helpful in contribution or a drag
wink.gif

david

wonderfull review and a great amp my favorite in Ray's line up for sure, no one shunned anyone all the guy did was suggest that when comparing amps like anything else in life it helps to compare items from a similar class.

How would you feel about a review that compared a Nissan Sentra to a BWM 300 series:wink:>

Oct 20, 2007 at 4:51 AM Post #32 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by DennyL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
3000smile.gif

I am interested in this, as I would like to get a good solid state amp, and I wonder how this compares with a GS-1, or a Beta22 single ended.

with those three it is a close race and the HR2 is very competitive in that class of amp. It comes down to flavor at that stage the gs-1 is a faster cleaner more detailed sound imho and the HR2 is more refined sublime sounding. Audio Revelation a store in the San Diego area has a great write up that defines this well, he compare some of the vinyl rigs to cars each world class but offering differing views of the driving experience this to me holds true with many amps. Often you are left with having to understand what sonic presentation the person who's opinion you are reading likes and if that mirrors your own.
The headamp is a BMW and the RSA is a Mercedes both great in their own right and will evoke stromg opinions based on the listeners view of how the music should be presented, just my 2cents

Oct 20, 2007 at 6:53 AM Post #33 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmk005 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
David,
We liked reading your impression regardless of what you heard before. Quite frankly, it's rather pompous to shun the guy for sharing...that's what this forum is for...sharing our thoughts on these rigs. OF COURSE, as we listen to more rigs we further define our tastes and we either become helpful in contribution or a drag
wink.gif

david

i wasnt saying that the review was bad. Its probably great for someone whos going up from a entry level amp to a real home amp.

Oct 20, 2007 at 11:05 AM Post #34 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nice review. Since all the amps you had before were like 8 times less then the HR-2, its not really a fair comparison imo. I think you should listen to more things in that price range to see what you like more or less. If the HR-2 is the best, then you'll really be more sure!
biggrin.gif

I think there's more to the comparison game than this. I, and I guess a few other people, have a mid or low priced home amp, and wonder what differences we would hear if we really splashed out on a more pricey amp. So reading people's impressions when they have done this are actually interesting and useful.

Oct 20, 2007 at 11:22 AM Post #35 of 48
For myself and my hearing and experience, going above a certain point (the so called sweet spot) becomes very difficult to really make some value judgments about sound and how they compare. Above my "sweet spot" I am saying they all sound great to me so then the differences are more like what does it do for me compared with another amp. How do I enjoy the sound they are delivering and with what music? This is the essence of the issue at the sweet spot and above for me.

Oct 20, 2007 at 4:49 PM Post #36 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by DennyL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think there's more to the comparison game than this. I, and I guess a few other people, have a mid or low priced home amp, and wonder what differences we would hear if we really splashed out on a more pricey amp. So reading people's impressions when they have done this are actually interesting and useful.

thats EXACTLY what I wrote on the post above yours
wink.gif

Oct 23, 2007 at 10:49 PM Post #37 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nice review. Since all the amps you had before were like 8 times less then the HR-2, its not really a fair comparison imo. I think you should listen to more things in that price range to see what you like more or less. If the HR-2 is the best, then you'll really be more sure!
biggrin.gif

The guy just had his first "EARGASM". He will have many more. Who cares if it may not be the best he will ever hear? Sheesh.

Welcome to Head-fi, David!

Oct 24, 2007 at 2:53 AM Post #38 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mr.Rose I like you, really..

but your stepping on my Bruno's man and I don't like it to much..

Billy, I am the only person (or at least I think I am) that owns an RSA #1 other than you (and Ray). Don't fault the guy for trying
wink.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 25, 2011 at 11:38 AM Post #41 of 48
I think that has something to do with the review and the quality of the amp - lots has happened since,,,,,many new amps - new technology,,,,nevertheless - I can't wait to get hold of it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back