My Headamp GS-1 vs Gilmore Lite impressions
Jul 23, 2005 at 2:32 AM Post #61 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey_V
Have been listening to the Glite and GS1 (and the audigy2zs output) for many hours now. I will post my impressions by tonight as I dont believe in amp burn in or things of that sort.

There will be a definite winner - no holds barred action!!

Will Joey go for the Lite and save $450? Or will he stick with the GS1 and tear his wallet to shreds? Or will he have wasted all of headfi's time and stick with the audigy2zs' stock analog out?

Tune in!!
600smile.gif

Why don't you post a poll....
wink.gif
rs1smile.gif

Jul 23, 2005 at 2:42 AM Post #64 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal
That is the one I am hoping for. Let's get some discussion going!

Then do it! no need to upgrade if you are happy with what you got... If YOU like how it sounds then YOU should keep what you have... dont let others tell you otherwise... if you cant find anything to complain about in your rig then dont change anything.

Jul 23, 2005 at 2:44 AM Post #66 of 74
MonkeyButt said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by grandenigma1
such as will Joey keep speaking of himself in the third person
confused.gif
icon10.gif

Maybe that's because Joey_V is truly the second personality of Akwok!
tongue.gif

I wouldn't be surprised at all if that were the case!

Jul 23, 2005 at 2:44 AM Post #67 of 74
MonkeyButt said:
Quote:

such as will Joey keep speaking of himself in the third person
confused.gif
icon10.gif

Maybe that's because Joey_V is truly the second personality of Akwok!
tongue.gif

Kinda like fight club... i get it... so who is real and who is fake then
confused.gif

new poll.... who is the evil one Joey or Awkowowokwikow

Jul 23, 2005 at 2:44 AM Post #68 of 74
Quote:

Then do it! no need to upgrade if you are happy with what you got... If YOU like how it sounds then YOU should keep what you have... dont let others tell you otherwise... if you cant find anything to complain about in your rig then dont change anything.

You have a very good point. But what if he wants the fuzziness?

Jul 23, 2005 at 2:54 AM Post #70 of 74
grandenigma1 said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by MonkeyButt

Kinda like fight club... i get it... so who is real and who is fake then
confused.gif

new poll.... who is the evil one Joey or Awkowowokwikow

Depends how you define evil . . . is it spending more cash or is it based on sheer impulse buy???

Either one can fit the bill . . . and both is who we all wish to be to some extent
biggrin.gif

Jul 23, 2005 at 5:24 AM Post #71 of 74
Can't wait to hear your opinion on this one joey, I just ordered a GLite and I don't want to have to hit myself for having not saved up for a GS-1!
rolleyes.gif

Jul 23, 2005 at 7:10 AM Post #72 of 74
It's up guys!

I tried my best to put my thoughts to words... so it took a little while... sorry!

Jul 23, 2005 at 8:04 AM Post #73 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey_V
It's up guys!

I tried my best to put my thoughts to words... so it took a little while... sorry!

I just read it. I must say - you have turned your opinion almost 180 degrees sincee a few days back
smily_headphones1.gif
I am not a novice so let me say that there is a high probability that your hearing was influenced by the comments people made, sugestions, nudges in certain direction etc. etc. I call this psychological warfare and everyone is a victim
eggosmile.gif

In such cases it is imperative that you present yourself the opportunity to listen to the gear and prep the review first before soliciting comments. I am sure you are too far gone now to retrace your path but DONT start hearing things because we tell you it is there...

Yes there are subtleties that you will pick out with experience...with a better source...with long term involvement with certain equipment. This is a path of self-discovery...no one can teach you what to listen to and if anyone does then avoid them. Dont let them ruin the experience for you.

Do you work out?
very_evil_smiley.gif
LOL

gs

Jul 23, 2005 at 9:49 AM Post #74 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
I just read it. I must say - you have turned your opinion almost 180 degrees sincee a few days back
smily_headphones1.gif
I am not a novice so let me say that there is a high probability that your hearing was influenced by the comments people made, sugestions, nudges in certain direction etc. etc. I call this psychological warfare and everyone is a victim
eggosmile.gif

In such cases it is imperative that you present yourself the opportunity to listen to the gear and prep the review first before soliciting comments. I am sure you are too far gone now to retrace your path but DONT start hearing things because we tell you it is there...

Yes there are subtleties that you will pick out with experience...with a better source...with long term involvement with certain equipment. This is a path of self-discovery...no one can teach you what to listen to and if anyone does then avoid them. Dont let them ruin the experience for you.

Do you work out?
very_evil_smiley.gif
LOL

gs

180? Not completely. I've always mentioned that the GS-1 has focus and balance on its side.

The evolution of my opinion comes from the fact that I have learned what to listen for. I've learned how different the amps sound when pushed to its limits. I've learned that if the volumes are properly calibrated, the GS-1's bass is easily identified as having more oomph than the other two. I've learned how to check for overall sonic balance.

I can EASILY tell which amp is playing if I am given control of the volume. Something I should've included with the A/B session. With volume control, I can tell which one is playing 100% of the time.

No I dont work out... jk. You're making me blush. That's my sleepwear... notice the Reeses pajamas my gf gave me.
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back