My Final Choices (WHICH ONE SHOULD I PICK?)
May 29, 2011 at 12:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Bourque

New Head-Fier
Final thread
I am gonna order Headphones first thing in the morning. Sorry for the second thread but wanted to make new choices I found and include a better brief description.

"I want Good Isolation for Drumming, Good Amount of Bass since I listen to Techno but as well a lot of Alternative/Rock/Metal (Linkin Park, etc..) A good sound quality is of course important to me, because I love to hear the sound of music! and lastly I would enjoy to have possible good Surround Sound.

Used for:
Drumming
Music
Sometimes Movies

My Choices! If you have any other choices to suggest please do so! As I appreciate any words!

Choice 1.)

Sennheiser HD 25 Studio Monitor Headphones

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-Studio-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B00023J592

Choice 2.)

Beyerdynamic DT 770-PRO Headphones

http://www.amazon.com/beyerdynamic-DT770-PRO-250-ohm/dp/B0006NL5SM

Choice 3.)

ATH-M50

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATHM50-Studio-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B000ULAP4U

What will fit me best in Isolation, & Sound Quality (With Bass as a Bonus:D)]
OR SUGGEST ME SOMETHING ELSE IN THE SAME PRICE RANGE!

May 29, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #2 of 5
As a drummer myself I would go for the ATH-M50.

These are my next purchase  but not intended for drum use, even though I'm sure they will be my go-to cans when drumming since they're highly accurate studio monitors.

I know they clamp the head with a fair amount of pressure which should lend to a good amount of noise isolation....but I don't think you can have everything....even though I'm a drummer I would never rule out a pair of highly praised cans because they don't isolate well.

May 29, 2011 at 1:16 AM Post #3 of 5

Quote:
As a drummer myself I would go for the ATH-M50.

These are my next purchase  but not intended for drum use, even though I'm sure they will be my go-to cans when drumming since they're highly accurate studio monitors.

I know they clamp the head with a fair amount of pressure which should lend to a good amount of noise isolation....but I don't think you can have everything....even though I'm a drummer I would never rule out a pair of highly praised cans because they don't isolate well.

I flex my M50's headband a bit and they loosen up instantly. The isolation is still superb because as long as there is a full pleather seal around your ears, very little sound goes in or out - hard clamping adds maybe 5% more isolation compared to my M50's now softer clamp, which is hardly worth it.

May 29, 2011 at 1:40 AM Post #4 of 5
Pick the one you find most appealing.

Keep in mind that this won't be your last headphone. You'll scratch that itch sooner or later. Most people don't settle down with their first headphone.

So get what looks good to you and enjoy it. All of those choices have a lot of fans around here, so you can't go wrong.

May 29, 2011 at 2:41 AM Post #5 of 5
Vote for M50, although it's smaller sound stage wont give you much surround sound, although that never bothers me. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back