My DBA-02s in a Chinese Prison, Whats A Duchess To Do?
Aug 9, 2012 at 3:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Dutchess of York

100+ Head-Fier
Hey All,

So before you get any further, yeah, this is a recommendation thread.  Share your thoughts if you want, I know these are the scum of the Head-Fi earth, but Im in a crazy headphone bind and need your help.

I was/am the happy owner of a pair of first gen DBA-02s that I bought from a fellow head-fier in the marketplace.  Sadly, one of my monitors stopped producing noise, so I contacted Fischer about the problem asking if I could pay to have them fixed.  They very kindly offered to ship me a new pair in exchange, free of charge!  That was about two months ago...  Since then, I have had a series of very frustrating emails with Russia HQ, have no idea if they have received my headphones, and if im ever getting them back.  So the reason for this annoying thread...  Im leaving for a long international trip that will take me outside of most mail services next week.  Ill be gone for a year, and even if my DBAs do make it back, it will probably be months before I can get them in my ears again.  So now I must look for a replacement.  Quickly.  Head-Fi, please help.

What Im Lookin For 

-i loved my DBAs, loved my RE-0s before that, and would look for something with a smiler sound sig  

-i have previously owned SE530s and UE superFi 5s, i enjoyed both, especially the 530s, but analytical is more my bag

-these are gonna be in my ears a lot as im traveling around, so comfort is key

-want to spend $100-150, but im a broke student, so cheaper is nicer.  not opposed to going used.

i guess my question is, is there anything that beats the DBA's at their game?  anything else i should consider? anything new on the market making waves?

ive been away from headfi for a while, so im a bit behind the times

thanks all for your help

Aug 9, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #2 of 13
also, why not, just started a new music site, poke around if you like music 

http://frontiermusic.wordpress.com/

Aug 10, 2012 at 10:44 PM Post #8 of 13
looks like its a comfort game at this point

any thoughts on rockit r-50 v. Brainwavz on fit and feel?

Brainwavz 30$ price jump justified in the SQ? 

Aug 11, 2012 at 12:25 AM Post #9 of 13
i hear so many people say the rock it is basically w3s without the brand name.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/600093/rockit-sounds-r-50-review-impressions-appreciation
so many people love these $115 iems

Aug 11, 2012 at 12:32 AM Post #10 of 13
Ive heard people say the rockit R50's are a cheaper GR01, if true then good job rockit. The GR01's are great, so if true they are an excellent bargain.

Aug 11, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #12 of 13
never tried so I wouldn't know. just going based on rumors. maybe I mixed them up with GR01s. I might buy a pair of these , just to try em out

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:31 AM Post #13 of 13
+1 for the R-50 (obviously), they sound pretty much exactly the same but with a bit more bass impact and depth.  The R-50 fit great and after a few mins I don't really even notice them anymore.  In your price range they're the perfect solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back