My Audez'e LCD-2 pickup @ DXC Store in Culver City, CA!
Jan 31, 2011 at 1:22 PM Post #31 of 56
Quote:
I only had mine for a week before they where packed in a box for return. Time passes slowly when audez'e take they're time doing me right. I feel like I'm in a state of limbo. There are no fun listening to music with the other crap I have.  
As for having them out I only see a problem with the foam in the headband. That stuff often gets hard and sticky when it ages. In my experience unprotected foam age very fast when exposed to IR light and/or ozon gas. Keep them away from any gizmo that claims it clean the air from electrostatic dust participles. Some of them actually produce ozon gas.
In my mind I would like the foam to have a wrapping of the same nice leather as the pads for protection and looks. Then we could also wipe of sweat when necessary.

I definitely agree with you on the leather wrapping on the headband pad. That would be a great mod... if only I were bold enough to remove the original foam...

And that's a bummer not having them in your possession, I can't even imagine going without mine. I'm sure my RS1's help me cope, but man, those LCD-2's are just so darn addicting. Since I got my pair on Friday they've been the first thing I go to in the morning, and the last thing I'm doing before bed.

Jan 31, 2011 at 3:58 PM Post #32 of 56

Quote:
Are you folks really putting your LCD-2 inside that smelly box? I almost puke when opening the lid. Mine glossy box has that terrible odor one usually get with cheep Chinese woodwork. That's the way it looks to with lots of wood knots and uneven distributed lacquer. And what are that ugly gray foam doing in the lid? Why isn't it covered with silk like the bottom?
Luckily the HP came in a sealed plastic bag so they wasn't contaged by the odor. I ruined a great guitar I once had by storing it in a case that had a bad smell so I'm a bit sensitive to this issue.

Is it like an outhouse on a tuna boat?

Jan 31, 2011 at 7:22 PM Post #33 of 56
I took a better picture to show the pads being pressed on after being in the box a bit...

Again, I guess it's not the biggest deal. but it's a bit frustrating...

Feb 1, 2011 at 3:58 PM Post #34 of 56
Anyone else having this pressing/smashing problem?

It really is starting to bug me because now the leather is creasing, hopefully no permanently.

Feb 1, 2011 at 4:28 PM Post #36 of 56
I'm getting creases on the leather pads now from the top pushing on them. Instead of them being a nice flat surface of leather I'm getting creases and it makes the pads look aged.

Feb 1, 2011 at 4:35 PM Post #38 of 56
No, they do. But I feel like if I left them in the box long enough, maybe a few days or so, the foam inside the leather won't form back into shape, or the leather will permanently look creased.

Feb 1, 2011 at 4:41 PM Post #40 of 56
It might be time for a headphone stand...

Feb 8, 2011 at 5:30 AM Post #41 of 56
Hey guys, I just bough a Meier Concerto from PeckingDuck and now it's time to move onto a DAC...

I'm a bit ashamed to admit that I've been using the DAC built in my Denon 2310ci receiver as my DAC, so now I think it's time to move on...

Anyone got a cheap suggestion to pair with my LCD-2 and Concerto combo?

At $200-$400, would it even be worth an upgrade from my Denon?

Feb 11, 2011 at 4:34 AM Post #42 of 56
Well, I can definitely tell you guys that the Concerto is one SERIOUS amp. I've spent nearly 5 hours or so with it, since I got it today, and I now know why it was so hard to find someone selling this thing!

As for my DAC situation, I ended up buying an AudioGD NFB-12, that should be making its way here tomorrow. I'm hoping this will be a good addition and will keep me satisfied for a while.

Feb 11, 2011 at 4:39 AM Post #43 of 56
How did you get the Concerto? I've been looking around on the Jen Meir Web site , can't find the buy button

Quote:
Well, I can definitely tell you guys that the Concerto is one SERIOUS amp. I've spent nearly 5 hours or so with it, since I got it today, and I now know why it was so hard to find someone selling this thing!

As for my DAC situation, I ended up buying an AudioGD NFB-12, that should be making its way here tomorrow. I'm hoping this will be a good addition and will keep me satisfied for a while.

Feb 11, 2011 at 4:44 AM Post #44 of 56
MAN, you don't even want to know the trouble I went through to get one...

I literally lurked. I started by clicking the "head gear" link, searching the Concerto, looking for people who owned it, and individually PM'd them asking if they were considering selling it. And with my luck, I contacted PeckingDuck, who said I must've read his mind as he was about to put an ad out, because he just got a dna sonnet.

He's also selling his StageDAC right now.. man if money weren't an issue I would be all over that to combo with the Concerto.

Quote:
How did you get the Concerto? I've been looking around on the Jen Meir Web site , can't find the buy button

Quote:

Feb 11, 2011 at 4:49 AM Post #45 of 56
Thanks for the info. I found that listing of stagedac...still deciding whether to cancel my Woo 6SE amp to go for that instead... 
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back