My Audez'e LCD-2 pickup @ DXC Store in Culver City, CA!
Feb 11, 2011 at 5:03 AM Post #46 of 56
Man, if I were you, I definitely would. 

I feel like if you've got an amp now, that's even done a decent job of powering the LCD-2's, than upgrading your source would be so much more satisfying. I didn't know PeckingDuck was even selling his StageDAC at the time I bought his Concerto, but I can tell you that if I knew... I most likely would've gone with the StageDAC.

One reason I'm not really thinking twice about it, is that the Concerto I got is Black, which isn't made anymore... So I feel like it'd be much more difficult finding a Black Concerto later, if I had gone with the StageDAC first. After I put some funds together, the StageDAC will still be available in Black from the website if I don't end up finding someone selling a black one.
Quote:
Thanks for the info. I found that listing of stagedac...still deciding whether to cancel my Woo 6SE amp to go for that instead... 
confused.gif

Feb 11, 2011 at 5:46 AM Post #47 of 56
Anyone happen to know if there is a store in Europe that does this?

Feb 11, 2011 at 12:53 PM Post #48 of 56

Quote:

Originally Posted by fabriciom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anyone happen to know if there is a store in Europe that does this?

I don't think there's a store there that does this... To be honest, the only two stores I've seen who sell Audez'e at all are DXC store and ALO audio.

Feb 11, 2011 at 5:12 PM Post #50 of 56
I haven't got the chance to try any other cables other than the stock cables.

Feb 11, 2011 at 5:49 PM Post #51 of 56
how does the lcd2 sound off the nfb-12?

Feb 12, 2011 at 2:11 AM Post #52 of 56
Quote:
how does the lcd2 sound off the nfb-12?

I purposely didn't answer this question until I got at least 3-4 hours of listening time to really respond.

So far, I really enjoy what I'm getting out of the NFB-12. It's definitely warm, like other members have mentioned, which in my situation is a good thing. 

Switching from the Mapletree to the Concerto, the first thing I noticed was the loss of that "tube warmth", which I couldn't decided whether I liked or not. The NFB-12 add's just enough warmth to the Concerto without over exaggerating it. It seems to be a perfect middle. Others have mentioned rolled-off highs, but I feel like this thing gets it done pretty good for me. I just recently discovered I'm a bit more sensitive to highs than I thought, so not even my most treble dreaded songs effected me negatively.

I used the NFB-12 quickly as both a DAC/amp combo, and it's definitely an excellent deal. I can't see too many contenders beating it at its price range. It had NO problem cranking up the LCD-2's.

Feb 23, 2011 at 11:51 AM Post #53 of 56
Has anyone ordered an ADZ-5 cable, in addition to their previous stock cable?

I ordered mine Monday last week and still haven't seen it. They said it was shipped out, and I know a lot of their shipments come from LA, so I don't really know what the delay is about...

I mean, it's only been a week, but anything coming from LA to San Diego has a 2-3 delivery time no matter what shipping service.

Feb 23, 2011 at 1:32 PM Post #54 of 56
I ordered my mine ADZ-5 on Feb 11 and received Feb 18, exactly 1 week.

Feb 23, 2011 at 1:48 PM Post #55 of 56
Quote:
I ordered my mine ADZ-5 on Feb 11 and received Feb 18, exactly 1 week.

Nice! good to know, I should be getting mine soon then, since this Monday was a holiday.

Did you notice any differences with the new cable aside from aesthetics? I know it's supposed to be less stiff, but any sound differences?

Also, with the cable I have now, the latch to eject the mini-xlr from the LCD-2 isn't the best working latch... I looked at how much it deploys the latch and it hardly drops, so it really takes some pulling to unplug. Any improvements on this with the new cable?

Feb 26, 2011 at 12:37 AM Post #56 of 56
I was over at my parents house listening to my rig with my dad, and decided to take a couple pictures:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back