My Audez'e LCD-2 pickup @ DXC Store in Culver City, CA!
Jan 29, 2011 at 2:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 56

BrianMendoza

100+ Head-Fier
Hey Head-fi! I'm very happy to report my experience, with one of our proud Head-fi sponsors, DXC Store, in Culver City, CA! I ordered my LCD-2 headphones from them, and they got them to me very quickly! Because they are a direct dealer for Audez'e, they are able to get shipments for the LCD-2 quicker than if you were to pre-order through the website. If you are a Southern California resident, or California resident at all, and are trying to order LCD-2's, don't even bother going through the Audez'e website, GO TO DXC Store, they'll get you them in a much better timeframe.

First off, the store itself, is great! It's a head-fi'ers dream store... I've never seen so many headphone brands & models on hand, and available for audition! They had all the high-end models: HD800, Beyer T1, Ultrasone Edition 8's and LCD-2's, down to almost any lower end model you can think of, there in the store, and ready to be auditioned!

And it's not just full-size headphones, they had just as good a selection for In-Ear monitors as well, and all the accessories you can imagine, for both Full-size and IEM's, on hand. For anyone who can't stand having to wait for some replacement ear pads, or comply foam tips, they've got em!

Store owner, Hong, and his employee, Marcelino, were both awesome. They never made me feel annoying, even though I called EVERYDAY this week to check up on the LCD-2 shipment.

As far as the LCD-2... I've never been this happy with a purchase, in almost any hobby I'm into. Other than, MAYBE, my Pioneer Elite Kuro... But that was a very rare and memorable situation anyways... (I paid nowhere near retail price)

The sound of the LCD-2 is so life-like, it's unlike anything I've heard yet. I don't want to start any arguments over which headphones I think they sound better than, but at their price point, and ability to stand up to, if not surpass much more expensive headphones, they're definitely a tough one to pass up. Other than it's wonderful sound, build quality is excellent, and the presentation (packaging, documentation, etc) is very convincing, that you've got a true treasure in your possession. 

I've been having a great time with them since taking them home yesterday afternoon. I'm not having the same discomfort issues that some other members speak of, and I've had them on my head since 8 o'lock this morning... I also don't find the leather pads to be a problem either. I think they're pretty comfortable too, actually. I can't say though, that I disagree with other member's personal discomforts, because I can imagine with a smaller head/physical build the LCD-2 may be a bit too heavy. I have a huge head and am pretty well built, so I guess this might be why I'm not having those issues...

And to conclude, some pictures:

Jan 29, 2011 at 4:16 PM Post #2 of 56
I just realized that I didn't post any contact info for DXC, here it is:

http://dxcstore.com/contact-us.aspx

And check out their website! From what I looked at, they've got much more in the store than what's shown on the website, but they do online ordering, so definitely check it out!

Jan 29, 2011 at 4:54 PM Post #3 of 56

Quote:
I just realized that I didn't post any contact info for DXC, here it is:

http://dxcstore.com/contact-us.aspx

And check out their website! From what I looked at, they've got much more in the store than what's shown on the website, but they do online ordering, so definitely check it out!

So you are the other guy that ordered there:)  I got mine there too. Only takes a week and the overall experience is just awesome

Jan 29, 2011 at 5:06 PM Post #5 of 56
Weird that they say that they don't do online orders from the LCD-2's, I guess you had to contact them to make arrangements?

Quote:

Quote:
In-Store Sale Only, On-Line Sale is not available!!

Jan 29, 2011 at 5:10 PM Post #6 of 56
Yeah, some of the higher end models have to be ordered in the store, but I think if you called, you may be able to arrange something.

Quote:
Weird that they say that they don't do online orders from the LCD-2's, I guess you had to contact them to make arrangements?

Quote:

Quote:
In-Store Sale Only, On-Line Sale is not available!!

Jan 29, 2011 at 5:11 PM Post #7 of 56
Yeh that was me who picked up the other set! and my pads were pretty darn even. I did check that though when the order came in to make sure they weren't bigger on one side than the other.

Quote:
On another note, does the leather pads feel like uneven... like one side is big and the other side is smaller?  cause mine is like that

Jan 29, 2011 at 5:21 PM Post #8 of 56

Quote:

Yeh that was me who picked up the other set! and my pads were pretty darn even. I did check that though when the order came in to make sure they weren't bigger on one side than the other.

Quote:
On another note, does the leather pads feel like uneven... like one side is big and the other side is smaller?  cause mine is like that

Hm... maybe  i need to exchange mine?

Jan 29, 2011 at 5:28 PM Post #9 of 56
Quote:

Hm... maybe  i need to exchange mine?

You're right, that looks kind of uneven... I guess if it doesn't sonically effect anything, there shouldn't be a problem. It almost just looks like it's the seam line that's making it look uneven, the size doesn't look too different from each other. I saw a pic one time of a set that had a very noticeable difference in size.

But I'm one of those who'd be bugged by something like that, even if it were only a cosmetic thing...

Jan 29, 2011 at 7:31 PM Post #10 of 56
Does the Audeze website charge tax for California residents? And I assume that DXC charges tax on top of the $945, right?

Jan 29, 2011 at 9:35 PM Post #12 of 56
Quote:
Does the Audeze website charge tax for California residents? And I assume that DXC charges tax on top of the $945, right?

Yeah, CA sales tax is: 8.75%. My grand total came out to... $1,037.14

Jan 29, 2011 at 9:41 PM Post #14 of 56
Quote:
Hi, This is Hong from DXC STORE.

Yes, we can't sell LCD-2 on line because we have the agreement with Audez'e to sell for walk-in customers only.

Sorry about that!

Hong! Hey buddy, it's good to see you're a member of the forums as well!

Thanks for all the great service yesterday, and throughout the whole week with me!

- Brian

Jan 30, 2011 at 2:38 AM Post #15 of 56
Quote:
Quote:
Hi, This is Hong from DXC STORE.

Yes, we can't sell LCD-2 on line because we have the agreement with Audez'e to sell for walk-in customers only.

Sorry about that!

Hong! Hey buddy, it's good to see you're a member of the forums as well!

Thanks for all the great service yesterday, and throughout the whole week with me!

- Brian

After about two days of listening (approximately 10hrs+), I can confirm that the LCD-2's sound great with a Mapletree Amp! I really enjoy what I'm getting out of it, and I'm not even planning on looking for something else. (I really can't because as ironic as this is, I got my LCD-2's the same day I got let go from work... So no audio splurges for a while.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back