Musician Audio Pegasus R2R DAC
Jul 6, 2023 at 6:24 PM Post #1,293 of 1,489
@Keko123 Ye, just saw your announcement in the classifieds, I'd really appreciate a comparison between these two as I'm seriously considering it. What I love about ADI-2 is how it never loses focus even in the most busy tracks, but I can't help the feeling that it sounds artificial, I find Mojo 2 more musical and coherent overall. Based on reviews I'm sure Pegasus will sound smooth and natural, I just don't want to lose too much resolution. If you can, please compare specifically soundstage width, depth and instrument separation.

Jul 6, 2023 at 6:24 PM Post #1,294 of 1,489
Has anyone compared it to RME ADI-2 FS or Chord Mojo 2?
I'm looking for a wider and deeper soundstage than ADI-2 and more coherent sound, but I wouldn't like to lose too much separation.
I used to own the RME, Mojo 1 and Qutest as well. They are all good DACs, but I prefer the Pegasus by far. To me R2R sounds more natural with more lifelike timbre. Qutest improves on the soundstage depth of the RME but Pegasus sounds even larger, deeper. RME is more sterile/'machine-like' in comparison. Pegasus is warmer and thicker, but still surprisingly good with technicalities. I know, it sounds crazy but upgrading the fuse in the Pegasus helps a lot with gaining even more clarity while keeping the excellent timbre and engaging tone/presentation. I think the Pegasus is great value for the money if you want a taste of R2R done well.

Jul 6, 2023 at 6:29 PM Post #1,295 of 1,489
@betula Thank you, I'm happy to hear that as I'm mostly after large soundstage and realistic concert-like experience. I mostly listen to classical music (a lot of symphonic) so instrument separation is always the key factor. Is it on par with ADI-2?

Jul 6, 2023 at 6:58 PM Post #1,296 of 1,489
@betula Thank you, I'm happy to hear that as I'm mostly after large soundstage and realistic concert-like experience. I mostly listen to classical music (a lot of symphonic) so instrument separation is always the key factor. Is it on par with ADI-2?
I would say so, but the whole presentation is very different. Also, quite a lot depends on the amp you are using. ADI-2 presentation reminds me of nearfield studio monitors while Pegasus reminds me of wooden floor standing speakers in a good sized room. It is not a scientific statement, more of a subjective impression. :)

Jul 7, 2023 at 7:37 PM Post #1,298 of 1,489
Have you guys experienced any significant issues regarding Pegasus? I heard their customer service has very Linsoul-ish approach...
Not. Since I2S started working. Comparing to Gustard is nothing.

Jul 8, 2023 at 5:07 AM Post #1,300 of 1,489
Has anyone actually connected two amplifiers to both RCA and XLR outs simultaneously? I read it is not recommended, but if that really leads to damage or decreased performance it is a joke, especially that the Peggy doesn't have headphone out, so I'd like to connect my Hegel H200 along with a cheap HP amp. I haven't EVER heard of a device that can't handle two outputs at once.

Jul 8, 2023 at 11:53 AM Post #1,301 of 1,489
@Keko123 Ye, just saw your announcement in the classifieds, I'd really appreciate a comparison between these two as I'm seriously considering it. What I love about ADI-2 is how it never loses focus even in the most busy tracks, but I can't help the feeling that it sounds artificial, I find Mojo 2 more musical and coherent overall. Based on reviews I'm sure Pegasus will sound smooth and natural, I just don't want to lose too much resolution. If you can, please compare specifically soundstage width, depth and instrument separation.
Finally I will not be able to make the comparison because I sold the Pegasus. I'm sorry

Jul 9, 2023 at 8:38 AM Post #1,304 of 1,489
Don't know. Maybe something allinone, Fiio R7, Eversolo DMP A6. Maybe another Pegasus, I already regret selling it XD
I’ve still got mine for sale…. Includes Synergistic Research purple fuses, too….

Users who are viewing this thread

Back