Musician Audio Pegasus R2R DAC
May 23, 2024 at 2:41 PM Post #1,486 of 1,502
Please see installation pictures (and my install) bellow. I also sent an information PM to the member who posted it so he knows and corrects his installation if needed.
Hi, saw your private message

We already discussed this issue on another forum, different opinions. The final idea is to believe your ears. The difference is clear. It's easy to disassemble Pegasus quickly and it's available to test/reverse even without fixing the top cover. I selected such direction. Did you get your choice by personal test or somebodies opinion? My choice is absolutely clear for me, reverted 2 times

May 23, 2024 at 3:08 PM Post #1,488 of 1,502
I think, the recommendation and the consensus is to follow the direction of the writing on the fuse from the power supply. I also read somewhere that someone blew the fuse inserting it the other way around. This stopped me from experimenting with the other way around. That said, it could have been just a faulty fuse. I am not even sure if the direction matters to be fair. Do they really always apply the sticker on the fuse the same way around in the factory?

May 24, 2024 at 5:52 AM Post #1,490 of 1,502
Hehehe. Solder a standard fuse to a socket base. No expensive fuses, no arrows.
:)

May 24, 2024 at 1:55 PM Post #1,492 of 1,502
Hi, saw your private message

We already discussed this issue on another forum, different opinions. The final idea is to believe your ears. The difference is clear. It's easy to disassemble Pegasus quickly and it's available to test/reverse even without fixing the top cover. I selected such direction. Did you get your choice by personal test or somebodies opinion? My choice is absolutely clear for me, reverted 2 times
Since I am new to the audio grade fuse world, I went strictly with the installation instructions from Synergistic Research. Unfortunately I have sort of complicated stack installation so A/Bing is sort of complicated for me. With that said I hear your point and by all means let anybody use orientation of the fuse that sounds best for them. I only wanted to point out the correct installation orientation (technical wise) for other "fuse beginners" as I almost blindly followed your instruction picture which is very nicely done btw. Also I believe that any kind of A/Bing of the fuse orientation should be done only after a proper burn-in period of the fuse as that will alter the soud character of the fuse also (allegedly).

Last edited:
May 24, 2024 at 2:01 PM Post #1,493 of 1,502
I think, the recommendation and the consensus is to follow the direction of the writing on the fuse from the power supply. I also read somewhere that someone blew the fuse inserting it the other way around. This stopped me from experimenting with the other way around. That said, it could have been just a faulty fuse. I am not even sure if the direction matters to be fair. Do they really always apply the sticker on the fuse the same way around in the factory?
SR points to importance of a proper fuse orientation in their instructions. So I suppose they control the orientation of the sticker on the fuse otherwise their instructions wouldn't make any sense.

May 24, 2024 at 2:06 PM Post #1,494 of 1,502
SR points to importance of a proper fuse orientation in their instructions. So I suppose they control the orientation of the sticker on the fuse otherwise their instructions wouldn't make any sense.
As always, it is best to follow the manufacturer's instructions.

May 24, 2024 at 3:55 PM Post #1,495 of 1,502
Since I am new to the audio grade fuse world, I went strictly with the installation instructions from Synergistic Research. Unfortunately I have sort of complicated stack installation so A/Bing is sort of complicated for me. With that said I hear your point and by all means let anybody use orientation of the fuse that sounds best for them. I only wanted to point out the correct installation orientation (technical wise) for other "fuse beginners" as I almost blindly followed your instruction picture which is very nicely done btw. Also I believe that any kind of A/Bing of the fuse orientation should be done only after a proper burn-in period of the fuse as that will alter the soud character of the fuse also (allegedly).
I understood that quick revers of the fuse is complicated in your setup and it's reasonable to wait till burn-in also. You'll get accustomed to the sound with such orientation also. May be you'll try to revert it later, that will be interesting for self understanding. BTW I made the revert test after about the half of the year after install and found that initial orientation was right. The sound is more clear and detailed this way, that's clear from the first seconds

BTW, you plugged your fuse as on my picture on in back direсtion? I hope you'll revert it it future and will compare our results

As always, it is best to follow the manufacturer's instructions.
Sure, what manufacturer wrote :
Electricity should flow from the left to the right when you view the fuse. If you do not know the direction of flow you should listen to the fuse inserted in both directions. One direction will sound more detailed. This is the correct way.
I follow the manufacturer's instructions and got more detailed sound

May 24, 2024 at 4:57 PM Post #1,496 of 1,502
May 24, 2024 at 5:34 PM Post #1,498 of 1,502
May 25, 2024 at 5:11 AM Post #1,499 of 1,502
Jun 1, 2024 at 5:50 AM Post #1,500 of 1,502
Hi all. Both of my pegasus fuses blew due to a surge. My country operates on 220v power. Do I replace both of the fuses or just one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back