Musician Audio Pegasus R2R DAC
May 31, 2023 at 3:07 AM Post #1,277 of 1,482
What is your experience with the burn-in-time in case of Pegasus? I have an experience with Draco and 300h is minimum from my point of view.

Next question is related to fuse upgrade. Is possible to open the DAC without warranty loss?

Thank you for your feedback. Pegasus flyes ..... :airplane_departure::airplane_departure::airplane_departure::airplane_departure:

May 31, 2023 at 3:26 AM Post #1,278 of 1,482
What is your experience with the burn-in-time in case of Pegasus? I have an experience with Draco and 300h is minimum from my point of view.

Next question is related to fuse upgrade. Is possible to open the DAC without warranty loss?

Thank you for your feedback. Pegasus flyes ..... :airplane_departure::airplane_departure::airplane_departure::airplane_departure:
I would say 150 hours for burn-in.
In theory you loose warranty after opening up the chassis. But if you are careful not to leave tiny scratch marks I can't really see how one could prove the chassis was open and the fuse swapped.

May 31, 2023 at 4:26 AM Post #1,280 of 1,482
BTW, does somebody tried to change the second fuse?
In Europe you only need to change one fuse as the 240V comes in through one wire. In this case the second fuse has no effect. In USA the 240V is split into two 120V channels, so you must change both fuses. I am sure some Pegasus owners in USA did the swap.

May 31, 2023 at 4:28 AM Post #1,281 of 1,482
Thank you for the answer.

What fuse has "the best ration" sound/price under ~60e? HiFi-Tuning US-Supreme 3 Fuse?

@MaxA: is there any benefit to change second fuse when you can use only one voltage?

Last edited:
May 31, 2023 at 10:46 AM Post #1,283 of 1,482
Practice will be that one circuit can only work because of respective voltage i.e. second one must be shutdown. But let's try it if you have to get evidence :wink:.

Jun 3, 2023 at 4:15 AM Post #1,284 of 1,482
Did you encounter "harsh" high frequencies during during burn-in period? I can still hear it however DAC is running almost 9 days. I don't have similar experience with Draco. Thank you for information.

Jun 3, 2023 at 4:58 AM Post #1,285 of 1,482
Did you encounter "harsh" high frequencies during during burn-in period? I can still hear it however DAC is running almost 9 days. I don't have similar experience with Draco. Thank you for information.
Ultra low jitter clocks make sound harsh during burn-in period. First three weeks are critical. You will observe improvements since now. Standard oscilators sound standard from the beginning. Ladder burning is shorter and less intrusive.

Jun 3, 2023 at 5:47 AM Post #1,286 of 1,482
Wow, thank you for important experience. Do you mean low jitter clocks in Pegasus? I use Auralic Femto that has own clocks.

BTW: does Draco use different integrated clocks?

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2023 at 7:14 AM Post #1,287 of 1,482
Wow, thank you for important experience. Do you mean low jitter clocks in Pegasus? I use Auralic Femto that has own clocks.

BTW: does Draco use different integrated clocks?
On the USB connection Pegasus will use its own clocks. It works exacrly the same as on the PC when reading files from the hard drive. Upgrading clocks on the hard drive do not increase quality.

Try Coax, as on the S/PDIF connection quality mostly depends on a low jitter source.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2023 at 7:54 AM Post #1,288 of 1,482
On the USB connection Pegasus will use its own clocks. It works exacrly the same as on the PC when reading files from the hard drive. Upgrading clocks on the hard drive do not increase quality.

Try Coax, as on the S/PDIF connection quality mostly depends on a low jitter source.
Ok, I will try digi coax at least during burn-in time. Thank you for the advice.

Jun 5, 2023 at 6:16 PM Post #1,289 of 1,482
Coax sounds more pleasent especially higher frequencies but USB connection takes me by extraordinary energy and space .... so addictive however Pegasus requires burn-in.

I am going to try Toslink today.

BTW: AES/EBU cable is on its way.

Jun 13, 2023 at 4:00 AM Post #1,290 of 1,482
Only small update .... AES/EBU cable (SommerCable with Neutrik gold pins) sounds nice, no harsh high frequencies. I am happy with that :).

Slight tube rolling confirmed great result with Musician DAC in my audio system.

Next stage .... fuse rolling :)))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back