Musician Audio Pegasus R2R DAC
Apr 2, 2023 at 12:03 PM Post #1,246 of 1,482
New Pegasus owner here. Have any of you guys tied any hardware modding, like changing caps in power supplies?
Swapping the fuse(s) for the SR Purple one(s) enhanced clarity and staging quite a bit to my (and some other's) ears. I was sceptical, but it works.

Apr 2, 2023 at 12:55 PM Post #1,247 of 1,482
Swapping the fuse(s) for the SR Purple one(s) enhanced clarity and staging quite a bit to my (and some other's) ears. I was sceptical, but it works.
I heard about the SR Purple, but I won't spend that amount on a fuse. Any budget options here?

Apr 2, 2023 at 1:52 PM Post #1,248 of 1,482
Apr 2, 2023 at 1:57 PM Post #1,249 of 1,482
I‘ve both, SR purple and Supreme 3 in my two Pegasus. S3 is not as good as the purple one, but still a great improvement over the stock one.

Apr 2, 2023 at 3:10 PM Post #1,250 of 1,482
Apr 2, 2023 at 3:44 PM Post #1,252 of 1,482
Noetech 1020 is fine for me and cost not a lot. Don't even want to change it
Do you mean the USB? What about power and interconnects?

Rest of my setup is: WHAMMY + HiFiMan HE6SE

Apr 2, 2023 at 4:37 PM Post #1,253 of 1,482
Thanks @ColSaulTigh @rab900
What cables would you recommend for the Pegasus?
Quite welcomed!

I used Worlds Best RCA when I ran them to my Woo WA6-SE's. For power, I bought Monosaudio cables from.Amazon. nothing too elaborate. The fuses made far more difference (IMO).

Apr 2, 2023 at 5:04 PM Post #1,254 of 1,482
Quite welcomed!

I used Worlds Best RCA when I ran them to my Woo WA6-SE's. For power, I bought Monosaudio cables from.Amazon. nothing too elaborate. The fuses made far more difference (IMO).
I'm thinking about grabbing a pair of Oyaide RCAs for WHAMMY. PA-02 or maybe a Tunami. I like them a lot. Power has to wait for now. It's the last in the order. Need to get a good speaker amp first. Schiit Audio Gjallarhorn sounded pretty good TBH. The arrival of the Pegasus pushes me for some changes :)

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2023 at 8:08 PM Post #1,255 of 1,482
Do you mean the USB? What about power and interconnects?
Yes, USB, Neotech NEUB-1020 1m.
Oyaide Tunami Terzo RR V2 (Japan) as interconnect
SEAC 7000 + IeGO 8075-Rh as power cable, self assembled

I use Jcat Femto + iFi iPowerX as desktop USB out

Changed Pegas power inlet to original Fuructech aslo. Didn't understand was there some difference or not. Don't like the "looks like" differences )
My friend canged it to Viborg and heard it. The fuse replasement wast really bright and clear, no any doubts

Apr 3, 2023 at 9:53 AM Post #1,257 of 1,482
Yes, USB, Neotech NEUB-1020 1m.
Oyaide Tunami Terzo RR V2 (Japan) as interconnect
SEAC 7000 + IeGO 8075-Rh as power cable, self assembled

I use Jcat Femto + iFi iPowerX as desktop USB out

Changed Pegas power inlet to original Fuructech aslo. Didn't understand was there some difference or not. Don't like the "looks like" differences )
My friend canged it to Viborg and heard it. The fuse replasement wast really bright and clear, no any doubts
So the used inlet is not genuine Furutech? That's a shame. I need to check mine. Maybe a cable choke and no IEC inlet at all wouldn't be a stupid idea...

I was looking at SAEC 650 speaker cable yesterday, funnily enough. Great minds think alike :D How would you describe that SAEC cable? They aren't that popular in PL.

I didn't like them as power cables, interconnects are great
Power cables were okay for me, the speaker cable left me kinda unimpressed.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2023 at 10:21 AM Post #1,258 of 1,482
So the used inlet is not genuine Furutech?
I don't know, I bought it on eBay, it was the japanize lot and sender address also. I'm sure that it's avaulable to buy original Oyaide cable mot in Japan only

For example, I'm sure about this cable, but too expensive in Europe

https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/cabl...-xlr-interconnect-cable-13m-pair-p-10616.html

I have this one from preamp/headamd to subwoofer, but one XLR side replaced to RCA. RCA-RCA Oyaide from Pegas to Schiit Lyr

https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/cabl...r-rca-interconnect-cable-1m-pair-p-15371.html

Bulk Oyaide Tunami XLR-XLR Dynaudio 9S to Genelec 8010. That's crazy multimedia setup )

Apr 3, 2023 at 3:54 PM Post #1,259 of 1,482
I don't know, I bought it on eBay, it was the japanize lot and sender address also. I'm sure that it's avaulable to buy original Oyaide cable mot in Japan only

For example, I'm sure about this cable, but too expensive in Europe

https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/cabl...-xlr-interconnect-cable-13m-pair-p-10616.html

I have this one from preamp/headamd to subwoofer, but one XLR side replaced to RCA. RCA-RCA Oyaide from Pegas to Schiit Lyr

https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/cabl...r-rca-interconnect-cable-1m-pair-p-15371.html

Bulk Oyaide Tunami XLR-XLR Dynaudio 9S to Genelec 8010. That's crazy multimedia setup )
Yeah, Oyaide raised prices in Europe significantly in the last two years. They are still good, but not as much of a steal as previously.

That is a crazy setup you got!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back