Music City Meet Vol. 3 -- Nashville, TN -- Spring 2015 (April 18, 2015)
Apr 17, 2015 at 7:18 PM Post #482 of 513
Also, a couple of quick updates:

Unfortunately, Massdrop and Hifiman aren't going to be able to have their gear here in time for the meet itself. However, both should still be well represented at the meet (harlw will be bringing the 7XX that Massdrop intended on sending, and I will be one of several people with HFM gear in attendance), and Daniel from Massdrop has generously offered to donate a brand-new AKG 7XX as a raffle item at the meet, so if you're interested, you can snag a $5 raffle ticket and Daniel will ship the winner their new headphone!

Does this mean no chance of an HE-1000? :/

My Marantz Electrostat is still lacking about 50% on the R earpiece, so any chance to check it out would be great.

I didn't know Marantz did a headphone, much less an electrostat. If they get back to 100% I'd love to hear them! I'm a big Marantz fan. My TT and main receiver are Marantz.

Any other electrostats at the meet?

Apr 17, 2015 at 10:23 PM Post #484 of 513
Okay.  I'm the world's biggest idiot.

I was all ready and even making my packing list for going to the fall 2014 Music City Meet.  Then I called into work that Wednesday night and didn't get to go back home until 10pm that Saturday.  

So I promised I'd not be angry...and promised I'd just be patient and wait until the next meet.

And then, somehow....IT SNUCK UP ON ME!!!!  How did I let this happen?!

Hopefully I'll see you guys this fall.

Apr 17, 2015 at 11:06 PM Post #485 of 513
70% that I'm going to make it and will be bringing a buddy. It's on Record Store Day, though, so I gotta hit that first in Chattanooga, then can roll out, so I'd be late. I need to find my headphone amp and stuff. Do people still listen to CDs? Have a Cambridge Audio 640c I may bring, which is buddy's, which he may be up for selling.

/me yawns.

Glad I remembered about this.

**BRENT**

Apr 17, 2015 at 11:29 PM Post #486 of 513
  70% that I'm going to make it and will be bringing a buddy. It's on Record Store Day, though, so I gotta hit that first in Chattanooga, then can roll out, so I'd be late. I need to find my headphone amp and stuff. Do people still listen to CDs? Have a Cambridge Audio 640c I may bring, which is buddy's, which he may be up for selling.

/me yawns.

Glad I remembered about this.

**BRENT**

There's a pretty awesome record store here in Nashville (Grimey's) if you want to hit it up while you're in town.

Apr 18, 2015 at 2:42 AM Post #489 of 513
I just finished packing everything up! Gonna grab a few hours of sleep and then head out! Assuming my car holds together and traffic is forgiving, I'll be in around noon.

See you all in a bit!

Apr 18, 2015 at 5:49 AM Post #490 of 513
Apr 18, 2015 at 7:34 AM Post #491 of 513
Grimey's is cool and all, but it will be swamped. My local shop has taken care of me for years, and I want to keep throwing $$$ at them. There's nothing I'm aching for this year, though (like the 8-disc box set from CAKE last year which had the entire discography + a live album that's only on vinyl, of which I now have two copies :wink: )

There's some Flaming Lips stuff, but I got an autographed "With A Little Help From My Fwends" last year, so hard to top that.

**BRENT**

Apr 18, 2015 at 9:20 AM Post #492 of 513
Apr 18, 2015 at 2:35 PM Post #494 of 513
So... I got up this morning, and there was a new development with the wedding... Musicians and all, I guess. I could only have been there for something under 2 hours, and I would have spent 6 hours traveling. It just didn't make sense this time around.

This is the second one I have missed, I feel like a horrible person. So keep having them! And I will make sure I stop missing them! Hope you guys have fun. I know I was down for a tshirt, so if you end up with extra, let me know and I will still pay what I said I would.

I'm sure you guys are having fun, looking forward to seeing the pictures and reading the impressions.

Apr 18, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #495 of 513
i too was a last minute scratch, due to a combination of several things, least of which was a stomach that didn't want to go !
i just spoke to matt a while ago, and he said things were going GREAT ! 
i look forward to a bunch of pictures and impressions !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back