Music City Meet Vol. 3 -- Nashville, TN -- Spring 2015 (April 18, 2015)
Apr 17, 2015 at 2:49 PM Post #467 of 513
  Earlier someone mentioned the need for photos to be taken with a nice camera
rather than with a cellphone. Has anyone committed to doing this? I have access
to a nice digital camera if I need to bring it.

Mick

I was going to bring my camera, though i'm happy for someone else to bring one.  Maybe I'll bring mine too, just to make sure.

I'll bring my trust Canon. 

As someone wholly bereft of any photographic ability whatsoever (see also: venue pics in first post), I would appreciate anyone who would be willing to take pics and share 'em. Plus, you never know which one is gonna end up on the front page of Head-Fi at some point: 

I just hope these fellas remember us after they're all famous and whatnot. :wink:

Apr 17, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #468 of 513
I've taken pictures at our past meets, but I am MORE than happy to pass the torch onto you gentlemen.  It'll be nice to listen to music all day without anything else interfering 
gs1000.gif

Apr 17, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #469 of 513
Dinner Info:
Cool Springs Brewery (http://www.coolspringsbrewery.com)
600A Frazier Drive No.135 Franklin, TN 37067
(615) 503.9626

Does 7:00pm work for everybody? (And kilkil, will this work with the reservation you made?)

This is the reserved room in the Back right corner.

I made it for 6pm just in case.  I can switch it to 7.  Did someone actually count how many are coming?  I said 12 when i made the reservation. 

Is this dinner tonight or after the meet tomorrow?

Apr 17, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #470 of 513

Dinner tonight, Friday 6pm  Cool Springs Brewery, back room.

I'm open for something tomorrow afterwards also.  Though I didn't plan anything, i imagine we will just go someplace local in Spring Hill.

Apr 17, 2015 at 3:37 PM Post #471 of 513
  I was going to bring my camera, though i'm happy for someone else to bring one.  Maybe I'll bring mine too, just to make sure.

I'm not a photographer by any means. Just wanted to make sure everything is documented. 
Go ahead and bring your camera and plan to be the "official unofficial" photographer. 

Apr 17, 2015 at 3:56 PM Post #472 of 513
I ordered some cables from Ghent Audio and they passed through Chicago FOUR DAYS AGO, still not here...*sigh* Praying they show up before the day is out.

Stuff I'll be bringing:
Asgard 2
Fiio E10k
Macbook Pro is my source (I recently had to wipe it totally so my music is kind of thrown on there so I'll have to deal with that)
AKG K7XX
Shure se215
VSonic GR07

Stuff I'll have for sale:
Sennheiser HD600 (only a few days clocked on these)
Concept CE-H Orthodynamics - comfort band has been upgraded to leather and earpads upgraded to some Shure pads, cable has been replaced but it could use a higher quality cable
Beyerdynamic DT-770 250ohm - These are a Pearl drum rebrand but everything is the same other than the Pearl logo, have detachable cable mod, comes with Ghent cable (if they show up in time)
Beyerdynamic DT-770 80ohm - These were acquired in a package deal with some other stuff, I have cleaned the pads thoroughly but there is still some color/age on them, also have detachable cable mod, comes with Ghent cable (if they show up in time)
NVX Audio XPT100 - Hardly used, love these, very comfortable.
May have some other stuff - we shall see.
Fostex T50rp - Mr. Speaker's leather headband, angled SUUUUPER comfy earpads, Mayflower modding kit (haven't gotten around to modding them, so you get to have all the fun), Vmoda cable, very few hours on these – bought them to mod and just haven't finished yet

Going to pick up the T-shirts now!

Apr 17, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #473 of 513
I'll see if my sister will let me use her Rebel XS. I'm pretty bad with it, though.

Apr 17, 2015 at 4:02 PM Post #474 of 513
  I ordered some cables from Ghent Audio and they passed through Chicago FOUR DAYS AGO, still not here...*sigh* Praying they show up before the day is out.

Stuff I'll be bringing:
Asgard 2
Fiio E10k
Macbook Pro is my source (I recently had to wipe it totally so my music is kind of thrown on there so I'll have to deal with that)
AKG K7XX
Shure se215
VSonic GR07

Concept CE-H Orthodynamics - comfort band has been upgraded to leather and earpads upgraded to some Shure pads, cable has been replaced but it could use a higher quality cable
Beyerdynamic DT-770 250ohm - These are a Pearl drum rebrand but everything is the same other than the Pearl logo, have detachable cable mod, comes with Ghent cable (if they show up in time)
Beyerdynamic DT-770 80ohm - These were acquired in a package deal with some other stuff, I have cleaned the pads thoroughly but there is still some color/age on them, also have detachable cable mod, comes with Ghent cable (if they show up in time)

i see a thing or two i might have some interest in 
wink_face.gif

Apr 17, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #476 of 513

Yerp, what kilkil said below. Plans for dinner tonight, probably going to do something after the meet as well, but no specific plans for that one, just whatever we're feeling at the moment.

I'm open for something tomorrow afterwards also.  Though I didn't plan anything, i imagine we will just go someplace local in Spring Hill.

If I had to guess, I'd say we probably end up at the BBQ place harlw mentioned, but I'm leaving it open so our tummies can lead us wherever they want after a full day of aural awesomeness.

Stuff I'll be bringing:
Asgard 2
Fiio E10k
AKG K7XX
Shure se215
VSonic GR07

Very cool!! Looks like there might be a fair amount of commerce at the meet this time... gonna be fun seeing who falls in love with what!

Quote:
I'll see if my sister will let me use her Rebel XS. I'm pretty bad with it, though.

Please do! And don't worry-- there's no way you're worse than I am. Guaranteed.

i see a thing or two i might have some interest in 
wink_face.gif

Well but of course you do! :p

Apr 17, 2015 at 4:43 PM Post #477 of 513
Also, a couple of quick updates: 

Unfortunately, Massdrop and Hifiman aren't going to be able to have their gear here in time for the meet itself. However, both should still be well represented at the meet (harlw will be bringing the 7XX that Massdrop intended on sending, and I will be one of several people with HFM gear in attendance), and Daniel from Massdrop has generously offered to donate a brand-new AKG 7XX as a raffle item at the meet, so if you're interested, you can snag a $5 raffle ticket and Daniel will ship the winner their new headphone!

Also, Keith at Emotiva will not just be bringing their well-regarded DC-1 DAC, but also another, as-yet-unreleased DAC product that sounds quite intriguing as well!

And as a final note: I've been listening to the WA22 for quite some time today, and man... This is a truly impressive amp. I've been taking notes for a review that I'll actually compile and write up after the meet, but if you like a cohesive, organic, dimensional and tonally spot-on amplifier, you need to set aside a few minutes to check this thing out... Very, very nice!!

Apr 17, 2015 at 4:46 PM Post #478 of 513
Almost forgot - added a T50rp to my for sale list above.

I got the shirts and modeled one for you:

I originally wanted dark gray print but they could only do black on such short notice but it looks good - I'm just nitpicky like that.

Apr 17, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #479 of 513

harlw will be bringing the 7XX that Massdrop intended on sending), and Daniel from Massdrop has generously offered to donate a brand-new AKG 7XX as a raffle item at the meet, so if you're interested, you can snag a $5 raffle ticket and Daniel will ship the winner their new headphone!

I'll be bringing my AKG 7XX and will be willing to discuss selling or trading. 

Apr 17, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #480 of 513
  Almost forgot - added a T50rp to my for sale list above.

I got the shirts and modeled one for you:

I originally wanted dark gray print but they could only do black on such short notice but it looks good - I'm just nitpicky like that.

The shirt looks professionally made, very nice!

My Marantz Electrostat is still lacking about 50% on the R earpiece, so any chance to check it out would be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back