Music City Meet / Nashville, TN Area / May 10, 2014 (UPDATED 3/4/2014)
Apr 29, 2014 at 11:39 PM Post #151 of 172
Thanks guys!! The good news is I have two locations lined up that would work great (scoped them both out this afternoon), and I'm just waiting on a pricing quote from one of them. We should have a location locked up TOMORROW!! 

Also, fun fact: looking for "conference rooms" is, on average, about $1k cheaper than "event spaces." When the helpful young lady told me they really wanted to get me into the $3200 "event space," I choked back peals of hysterical laughter, thanked her for her time, and realized I should probably alter the parameters of my search... Which I duly did. :p

Don't these people know that's Stax money?? :wink:

Apr 30, 2014 at 4:50 PM Post #153 of 172
NEW THREAD IS UP!! Swing by and say howdy! Also, for anyone subscribed to this thread, here are the absolute basics on the event: 

Event Details
  1. Location: Best Western Franklin Inn (Conference Room)
  2. Address: 1308 Murfreesboro Road, Franklin, TN 37064
  3. Date: May 10th, 2014
  4. Times: 10am - 8pm
  5. Note: the Best Western is very meh-looking from the exterior, but the conference room they have is several times larger (and a good deal nicer) than some of the other ones I looked at, and the price is very reasonable, so I think it will serve our purposes just fine!

I can officially say, now, that the 2014 Music City Meet is most definitely HAPPENING!!!!!! Wooo-HOOOOO!!! 
beerchug.gif

Apr 30, 2014 at 6:03 PM Post #154 of 172
  NEW THREAD IS UP!! Swing by and say howdy! Also, for anyone subscribed to this thread, here are the absolute basics on the event: 

Event Details
  1. Location: Best Western Franklin Inn (Conference Room)
  2. Address: 1308 Murfreesboro Road, Franklin, TN 37064
  3. Date: May 10th, 2014
  4. Times: 10am - 8pm
  5. Note: the Best Western is very meh-looking from the exterior, but the conference room they have is several times larger (and a good deal nicer) than some of the other ones I looked at, and the price is very reasonable, so I think it will serve our purposes just fine!

I can officially say, now, that the 2014 Music City Meet is most definitely HAPPENING!!!!!! Wooo-HOOOOO!!! 
beerchug.gif

YESSSSSSSSSIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRR !

Apr 30, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #156 of 172
C'mon now gents, you know we don't play around when it comes to AUDIO!!! This was always gonna happen, it was just a matter of technicalities... Nothing is gonna get in between us and a successful meet!! 
ph34r.gif

Apr 30, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #157 of 172
Random side note: there is apparently also an event (not strictly a Head-Fi event, but close enough) in Atlanta this weekend. I'm really thinking about going... Anybody else considering it? 

Atlanta AVCOA Portable Meet, May 4th

Apr 30, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #158 of 172
May 5, 2014 at 7:58 AM Post #159 of 172

i think mattTCG may go, he's from the ATL

Thanks for throwing my name in Jay. 
tongue.gif
  I'm doing my best to get to this meet. I just got back from the Atlanta get together yesterday, so I'm running a little low on DTI (domestic tranquility index with the Mrs.) If there is anyway that I can make, I will. 

May 5, 2014 at 7:59 AM Post #160 of 172
  Random side note: there is apparently also an event (not strictly a Head-Fi event, but close enough) in Atlanta this weekend. I'm really thinking about going... Anybody else considering it? 

Atlanta AVCOA Portable Meet, May 4th

Was great to see you there!! Hoping to make it to your neck of the woods. 

May 5, 2014 at 8:11 AM Post #161 of 172

Thanks for throwing my name in Jay. 
tongue.gif
  I'm doing my best to get to this meet. I just got back from the Atlanta get together yesterday, so I'm running a little low on DTI (domestic tranquility index with the Mrs.) If there is anyway that I can make, I will. 

i have the same thing, my wife had forgotten about nashville, i had to make my pitch all over again , which must have been pretty persuasive , she came up with the idea of using her
rolling suitcase for transporting my gear !

May 5, 2014 at 8:19 AM Post #163 of 172
  If she offers to help pack that suitcase, you may have a problem. haha

hmmmm, finding out she's packed it without my gear ???
eek.gif
confused.gif

May 5, 2014 at 10:52 PM Post #164 of 172
Ha!! You guys crack me up :p

Btw, there's been a rather AWESOME development that just got posted over in the main thread... Check it out here!!!!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/716783/music-city-meet-nashville-tn-area-may-10-2014-new-thread/15#post_10520767

(Sorry for the paste instead of hyperlink, I'm in a hotel on my tablet :p)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back