Music City Meet / Nashville, TN Area / May 10, 2014 (UPDATED 3/4/2014)
Apr 28, 2014 at 7:15 PM Post #136 of 172
  @JoeDoe: I'm sure you are not the only one who blocked out that particular date for this, so I'm doing everything on the assumption that we're keeping that date. We want ya there!! :)

@jawillin: I'm not sure (I live about a hour and a half away), but I can find out! Typically, Franklin is one of the more upscale areas in Nashville, so I'm guessing that it would be pricier, but you never know. My sister lives in Nashville, so I'm going to call her too. She seems to know everyone within a 30-mile radius of the city, so she might have an in with a hotel owner or something :p.

well, i used to know all kinds of folks in the hotel biz, i worked for hampton inn, but that was years ago,
i'm about the same distance away, and i know zilch of the area, so, i'll concentrate on spreading the word, and being there !!

Apr 28, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #139 of 172
Matt, I'll tell you right now: if you have a venue for this, I will be your bestest friend forever. (I had planned on driving up to Nashville tomorrow and spending most of my day looking at various places and trying to find a place that wouldn't put me in the poor house to rent). Definitely keep me posted!!

Also, as an update to everyone else, I've reached out to the following vendors about possibly attending (some of which had already agreed to be there, but at this point some verification is in order): 

Aurisonics
Headamp 
ZMF
Emotiva 
Prestige Audio Video
Vintage Hifi
Vintage King Beezar (tomb) Heir Audio
JH Audio

If anyone has another vendor that you'd like to see attending, let me know! (Especially if you have a relationship with somebody there, as we are somewhat late to the game at this point). 

Music City Meet 2014: Headphone Experiences Driven by Insane Gear Lust and Sheer Force of Will (TM).

Apr 28, 2014 at 9:24 PM Post #140 of 172
I'll let you know by tomorrow. I have a customer who builds Mariott's. They might be willing to do me a favor, but I won't be certain until I talk to them. I would think that there is a Mariott near the Nashville area. 

Apr 28, 2014 at 9:50 PM Post #141 of 172
  I'll let you know by tomorrow. I have a customer who builds Mariott's. They might be willing to do me a favor, but I won't be certain until I talk to them. I would think that there is a Mariott near the Nashville area. 

That would be amazing if it works out... And you would most definitely be added to the list of people to whom I owe a delicious beer or two :wink:. I'll wait to hear back from you before making any permanent moves. 

Fingers crossed...

Apr 28, 2014 at 11:18 PM Post #142 of 172
This thread is driving me insane, I was in, then it looked dead, then it woke up, and then it died again, now its back on potentially.

Mother's day is the 11th, I told my wife and kids on the last near death blow that I was not going to Nashville and would stay in town, so they are now coming here. 

I can't keep changing my plans, so sorry I can't make the meet even if it happens.

Apr 29, 2014 at 1:04 AM Post #143 of 172
  This thread is driving me insane, I was in, then it looked dead, then it woke up, and then it died again, now its back on potentially.

Mother's day is the 11th, I told my wife and kids on the last near death blow that I was not going to Nashville and would stay in town, so they are now coming here. 

I can't keep changing my plans, so sorry I can't make the meet even if it happens.

Man, I am so sorry. I know this has been a massive gluteal pain, and I really hate that you won't be able to come. On the flip side, I guess this just means we'll have to plan another one sometime :wink:

As an update: I've heard back from Heir Audio and Headamp, and neither of them are going to be able to make it. We'd previously received confirmation from Aurisonics and ZMF that they'd be present and contributing via mail (respectively), so I think those are safe bets. (And I just jumped for the Aurisonics ASG 2.5 too... Guess I'll have something to chat with Dale & Co. about at least!)

Ultimately, while I do expect to have some vendors there, I think it's still going to be a great event even with just fellow community members showing up. And if not, there's always beer! 
biggrin.gif

Apr 29, 2014 at 1:29 PM Post #144 of 172
it'll be cool to compare these to the alpha dog !

Yeah, that's actually one of the things I'm most looking forward to... I think there is a relative dearth of quality closed headphones that actually isolate (unlike Fostex, Denon, etc), and these both appear to be exceptionally well done. Ideally, I'd love to have some of Luis' stuff here too (Paradox, Paradox Slant, Code-X-- although the Code-X is open-backed), but I think we'll have quite enough awesomeness as it is. 

Plus, I've picked up a First Watt F5 clone and an adapter cable, so we'll be able to really do orthos right! (Computer > Lynx Hilo > Audio-gd Master 8 > First Watt F5 clone > cans). In the little time I've had to listen to it thus far, it is very, very good with the HE-6, so I think we're in for a treat!! Now if somebody could swing by with a pair of Abysseseses.... :wink:

Apr 29, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #145 of 172

Yeah, that's actually one of the things I'm most looking forward to... I think there is a relative dearth of quality closed headphones that actually isolate (unlike Fostex, Denon, etc), and these both appear to be exceptionally well done. Ideally, I'd love to have some of Luis' stuff here too (Paradox, Paradox Slant, Code-X-- although the Code-X is open-backed), but I think we'll have quite enough awesomeness as it is. 

Plus, I've picked up a First Watt F5 clone and an adapter cable, so we'll be able to really do orthos right! (Computer > Lynx Hilo > Audio-gd Master 8 > First Watt F5 clone > cans). In the little time I've had to listen to it thus far, it is very, very good with the HE-6, so I think we're in for a treat!! Now if somebody could swing by with a pair of Abysseseses.... :wink:

the cool thing about the lcd x, and the alpha, my little Mad Ear+ HD drives them easily, and the soundstage really opens up, then, when i want a little more power, i have the bryston
i'm really looking forward to hearing the he-6

Apr 29, 2014 at 1:41 PM Post #146 of 172
Okay here's the update. There would be a possibility of me being able to procure a room for the event, but...there isn't enough time to make it happen. There are too many hoops to jump through and too little time to make it happen. Sorry guys.
frown.gif
 I gave them my best pitch.

Apr 29, 2014 at 4:57 PM Post #147 of 172
Matt, I know I speak for everyone when I say I really appreciate your efforts!! I've been making some phone calls in case your guy wasn't able to come through, and I've got a few places lined up that might work. I'm awaiting callbacks and returned emails, and I'm considering running up to Nash tonight or tomorrow (last day of vacation) to check them out.

It's a good thing I tend to live life right at the borderlands between order and chaos... Makes stuff like this much easier :wink:.

In the meantime, guys, let's make sure we have some people in mind to bring to the event! These kinds of things really only work when you've got good company and good gear, so be ready to prosyletize this bad boy as soon as we get these logistics locked down. I'm thinking that I should have the location and times worked out by tomorrow night... Keep yer fingers crossed!! :wink:

Apr 29, 2014 at 4:59 PM Post #148 of 172
Matt, I know I speak for everyone when I say I really appreciate your efforts!! I've been making some phone calls in case your guy wasn't able to come through, and I've got a few places lined up that might work. I'm awaiting callbacks and returned emails, and I'm considering running up to Nash tonight or tomorrow (last day of vacation) to check them out.

It's a good thing I tend to live life right at the borderlands between order and chaos... Makes stuff like this much easier
wink.gif

In the meantime, guys, let's make sure we have some people in mind to bring to the event! These kinds of things really only work when you've got good company and good gear, so be ready to prosyletize this bad boy as soon as we get these logistics locked down. I'm thinking that I should have the location and times worked out by tomorrow night... Keep yer fingers crossed!!
wink.gif

appreciate the effort ,  everyone

Apr 29, 2014 at 10:58 PM Post #149 of 172
Guys, Theogene's working his tail off on this.

Let's all be sure and show our appreciation by showing up and making this a worthwhile event.  Something to build on, for sure...

I'm looking forward to it!

Apr 29, 2014 at 11:15 PM Post #150 of 172
  Guys, Theogene's working his tail off on this.

Let's all be sure and show our appreciation by showing up and making this a worthwhile event.  Something to build on, for sure...

I'm looking forward to it!

Sounds good to me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back