Music City Meet - Fall 2015 - Pictures & Impressions Thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 22, 2016 at 1:58 AM Post #196 of 260
Deal, I'll bring the Taurus Mk. 2 and on 4/9 still should have the Airist Herron 5 in house.

Feb 22, 2016 at 7:11 PM Post #197 of 260
Anyone interested in four tickets to the Bristol Sprint Cup race - Food City 500 on April 17 - Allison Sec I, Row 25, Seat 9 -12 Start/Finish line $100 ea (face value)?  My neighbor is selling them.  

Feb 23, 2016 at 7:52 PM Post #199 of 260
  it took me a while to warm up to alabama shakes, but i kinda like them now, the second album is killer

Yeah, I still wouldn't call myself an insane fanboi of theirs or anything, but I like 'em okay. Girlie I'm hanging around with absolutely adores them, and there's not a lot in the middle portion of the Venn diagram of our musical interests, so I'll probably be listening to them more in the future. 

Holy cow, what did you do, Google every audiophile meet in the universe?  What a line-up.  April 9 is good w/ me, BTW.  

We are doing the Nashville Symphony thing this spring.  Taking the kids to watch Star Trek Into Darkness with the symphony, then me and Annette are going to see Mahler's 3rd symphony with the choirs.  Looking forward to it all (will be after the meet, but I'll send impressions).  The kids got to see Pixar with the symphony last year, when I had to travel to Brazil on short notice, and they said it was fantastic.

If you want to check out a great album, try Chris Stapleton's Traveller.  Recommended.

Cheers -
Dick

"Every audiophile meet in the universe" was, actually, not that far off from my Google search term. Well played, sir. 

And I'd really like to check out the Nashville Symphony sometime this year... I'm finally making it out to more shows nowadays (went to one last night, in fact), and I have never seen a live symphony, so that would be pretty awesome. 

Chris Stapleton, eh? Sounds familiar, but my brain could be making that up. It does that a lot. I'll try to remember to check it out!

Tool?  Never heard of 'em.  Must be some 2nd-tier hacks still trying to cut it in the biz.  
evil_smiley.gif

I can't find them on Tidal.
very_evil_smiley.gif

New This Week on Burnley's Hit List: Skyline and Jibzilla. 

If you should happen to fall down somewheres and get an Indian burn or sumfin, I would have no knowledge of that. Just sayin. 

I'm kinda hoping the next Nashville meet will be on April 9th too, would definitely try to do everything I can to get out there (from CO) and see Tennessee for the first time!

Oh man, that would be SO COOL if you could come!! I'm going to give it at least a week on the date to try to give people a chance to let me know what works best for the most people, but 9 April is definitely the frontrunner at the moment. Of course, you'd have to join us for our traditional pre- (and also nowadays post-) meet brews and conversation! :)

Deal, I'll bring the Taurus Mk. 2 and on 4/9 still should have the Airist Herron 5 in house.

Maaaaan, I wanna hear that Taurus... You get all the cool gear!! *pouts*

Anyone interested in four tickets to the Bristol Sprint Cup race - Food City 500 on April 17 - Allison Sec I, Row 25, Seat 9 -12 Start/Finish line $100 ea (face value)?  My neighbor is selling them.  

If you have tickets to Bristol during the UT-VT game, then OMGROTFLCOPTER YES I AM SUPER INTERESTED!! Never really did get into racing though... Tell him to trade those tickets for Tennessee tickets and then sell 'em at face value. I'll buy 'em and wash his car or something to sweeten the pot a little. (I'm somewhat desperate for tickets to that, but I'm sure I hide it well). 

FYI
http://www.head-fi.org/t/799320/canlanta-2016

AWE. SOME. 

I will definitely be doing anything I can to make it down to this... I'd recommend anybody else that can go it go as well. Matter of fact, maybe some of the Nashville/ChattTown contingent could look at carpooling... Hmmm....

Btw, been listening to the Onkyo DP-X1 here for the last few days, and thus far, I've been really impressed. Almost went over to the Dark Side (A&K), but was eventually swayed by full Android capability (and therefore access to Tidal, Spotify, Gizmo, and anything else my nerdy little heart desires). Can't wait to stack it up against some of the nice portable rigs everybody else has :wink:

Also, quick note: the sporadic in-here-and-communicative then he-might-actually-have-been-abducted-by-aliens cycles will probably continue for the foreseeable future, so if I go to ground for a few days, nobody get antsy. Unless there is also a warrant out for me at the same time, of course. 

Feb 23, 2016 at 8:36 PM Post #200 of 260

New This Week on Burnley's Hit List: Skyline and Jibzilla. 

If you should happen to fall down somewheres and get an Indian burn or sumfin, I would have no knowledge of that. Just sayin. 

Well, Burnley.  I have the flu and have been running a fever for 5 days.  Thanks a lot, dude. 

Also, how can you not have heard of Chris Stapleton?  He's a thousand times better than Tool.  
cool.gif

Feb 23, 2016 at 9:55 PM Post #201 of 260

Well, Burnley.  I have the flu and have been running a fever for 5 days.  Thanks a lot, dude. 

Also, how can you not have heard of Chris Stapleton?  He's a thousand times better than Tool.  
cool.gif

Sorry but the recording quality his album makes it just about unlistenable for me...shame. 

Feb 25, 2016 at 7:36 PM Post #202 of 260

And I'd really like to check out the Nashville Symphony sometime this year... I'm finally making it out to more shows nowadays (went to one last night, in fact), and I have never seen a live symphony, so that would be pretty awesome. 

I've not been to the Schermorhorn Center yet, looking forward to going...but when I realized the Nashville Symphony won three Grammy awards, and two for Best Orchestral Performance, I bought those CD's immediately.  I am listening to this one tonight.  Just incredible.  Not your father's or grandfather's symphonic music :).

GMB - BHA-1 - HD800
Buckle Up!!

Feb 26, 2016 at 6:36 AM Post #204 of 260
welcome to the southeast ! although we really don't claim florida ! lol
we'd love to have you come !

Feb 26, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #205 of 260
  welcome to the southeast ! although we really don't claim florida ! lol
we'd love to have you come !

Most people call Pensacola "L.A." or "Lower Alabama" which is funny since I never heard it until I was away from there. 
biggrin.gif
 So I guess I can be considered located in the Southeast. 
wink_face.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Feb 26, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #206 of 260
Most people call Pensacola "L.A." or "Lower Alabama" which is funny since I never heard it until I was away from there. :D  So I guess I can be considered located in the Southeast. :wink_face:
Cheers!:beerchug:
-HK sends

The panhandle is a nice part of Florida
I'm very familiar with LA

Feb 27, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #208 of 260
  April 9th....turns out, that's doable.  I've been wanting to attend one of these for a long time!

they are a blast ! 

Feb 27, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #209 of 260

cool.gif

I see you there, taking your Haterade bath. I'm pretty sure Tool cures canker sores and would do your taxes for you if you asked nicely. Which makes your statement just seem foolish. :p

I've not been to the Schermorhorn Center yet, looking forward to going...but when I realized the Nashville Symphony won three Grammy awards, and two for Best Orchestral Performance, I bought those CD's immediately.  I am listening to this one tonight.  Just incredible.  Not your father's or grandfather's symphonic music :).

GMB - BHA-1 - HD800
Buckle Up!!

Wow. Had no idea. I'll have to check into them! It just always seemed like when I'd look, they'd have a bunch of either pop culture stuff (Star Wars themes, etc) or populist classical (Vivaldi... barf), and not the stuff I'm more interested in (Stravinsky), at least when I looked. I need to do a better job of seeing what they schedule up each year...

Just moved to Florida from the West Coast where I got to attend a couple of CanJams but need another fix.  I'd love to attend this! 
biggrin.gif

Cheers and Thanks!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Awesome man, we'd love to have you!! And I might be completely fabricating this, but I think I bought something from you years ago on the forums too, so it'll be cool to actually meet ya and shake your hand!

Most people call Pensacola "L.A." or "Lower Alabama" which is funny since I never heard it until I was away from there. 
biggrin.gif
 So I guess I can be considered located in the Southeast. 
wink_face.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

So we should probably go ahead and tell you: while not everyone in the group is an SEC football nutjob, there are definitely a few of us sprinkled amongst the group, and for a Tennessee fan, you managed to just hit the Dynamic Dyad of Demonism by referencing both Florida and Alabama-- the two most deep-seated of the Vols hated rivals. So get ready to hear people talk some good-natured trash about things that happened 50 years ago in football games that none of us were there to watch :p

April 9th....turns out, that's doable.  I've been wanting to attend one of these for a long time!

Very cool, man!! Looks like that's going to be the date-- just going to make sure I can sew up the location before posting it in the new meet thread. May I ask where you're located? 

they are a blast ! 

They're better when you're there, bubba :)

I'm thinking we can probably fit in the same venue again this time, but I'm doing a little looking around at other potential options just in case. If anyone has any ideas or ins with particular venues that might work, please feel free to let me know!! 

Feb 27, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #210 of 260

I'm thinking we can probably fit in the same venue again this time, but I'm doing a little looking around at other potential options just in case. If anyone has any ideas or ins with particular venues that might work, please feel free to let me know!! 

A couple of suggestions if you want to get away from commercial sites.  Check out the local library system for the use of one of their rooms.  I have also used rooms before at a local community college for events.  Might work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back