Music City Meet - Fall 2015 - Pictures & Impressions Thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 26, 2015 at 5:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 260

RCBinTN

Headphoneus Supremus
Thanks again, Theogenes, for organizing a great meet.  Pictures and impressions to follow!!

Sep 26, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #2 of 260
Very late night in Kharkov, waiting to hear the meet results and gator/vol score, Prost gents:beers: Ргоэт

Sep 26, 2015 at 6:23 PM Post #3 of 260
How about a few pics...

Sep 26, 2015 at 6:35 PM Post #4 of 260
our little get together looks like it's all grown up !  damn, i wish i'd been there 
i'll have to wait again    
confused_face.gif

Sep 26, 2015 at 7:34 PM Post #5 of 260
28-27 Gators
The Vols missed a FG from 55 yds by a foot, wide right with 3-seconds left.

Ouch, I feel for you Vols fans!

Sep 26, 2015 at 7:40 PM Post #6 of 260
Thanks to Burnley for all the hard work! Thanks Dan and Joe (right? Joe? darn my horrible memory) for the pizza.

The Ether C is just amazing, it's my next purchase for sure. From the first note I was just hooked. Sounded great from my DX90, amazing work Dan!

The HD1000 are all they say it is, it's like audio crack! Had to pry them off everyone's head.

So cool to see the Yggy IRL and get a listen, even with just a few hours warm up it was something else, thanks Dan for bringing that and the Ethers!

Thanks to Dick for taking my money for the Wyrd! (Get a splitter dude!)

Great to meet everyone, I hope that next time my brother will be back from the sand pit so I can crash with him and get there Friday and stick around longer, had to get back to Knoxville.

Sep 26, 2015 at 8:45 PM Post #7 of 260
It was a great show, even though it was my first show and I had no expectations. I appreciate getting to hear so many different setups and music. And great discussions too!

I'm glad everyone enjoyed my vinyl setup who had a chance to listen to it. Maybe next time I can setup an A/B digital-vinyl rig.

Great to meet everyone too!

Sep 26, 2015 at 8:48 PM Post #8 of 260
It was a great show, even though it was my first show and I had no expectations. I appreciate getting to hear so many different setups and music. And great discussions too!

I'm glad everyone enjoyed my vinyl setup who had a chance to listen to it. Maybe next time I can setup an A/B digital-vinyl rig.

Great to meet everyone too!

Loved your setup, vinyl is still one of those dark arts for me. It was great to talk with you about it and learn from you about the direct to vinyl recording, great stuff!

Sep 26, 2015 at 9:06 PM Post #9 of 260
Loved your setup, vinyl is still one of those dark arts for me. It was great to talk with you about it and learn from you about the direct to vinyl recording, great stuff!

Thanks man. If you ever have any questions about vinyl or want to get into it, I'd be glad to help.

Sep 26, 2015 at 9:21 PM Post #10 of 260
Hey all...

It looks like I left the power cord for my Modi 2 behind.  If anyone happened to pick it up, please let me know.  I'm currently typing this on a computer with no music...

I don't like it.  At all.

basshead.gif

Sep 26, 2015 at 10:06 PM Post #12 of 260
It was great to meet you, glad you had a safe trip back to DC.

What did you think about the HE1000? Noticed you were very deeply entranced listening to it as I was.

Sep 26, 2015 at 10:26 PM Post #13 of 260
  Just got home. Thank you guys and gals for the warm southern hospitality. Awesome meet.

It was great to meet you, glad you had a safe trip back to DC.

What did you think about the HE1000? Noticed you were very deeply entranced listening to it as I was.

Ha ha! @jibzilla was the guy with Stax and the Internet issues with Tidal. I'm the guy who was trying to get way from the HiFiMan HE-1000. Man those were like crack on the Liquid Carbon 
biggrin.gif

Fantastic meeting you all! I'll still be in the area for a few more days. But it was a great way to spend a Saturday on my weekend, away from work. Loved the people! Loved the gear! Loved the setup in the back of the hotel - very convenient and private. It even got quiet from time-to-time, or was that the crack talking back to me 
blink.gif

Thanks to the sponsors for the pizza - I usually just eat nothing at the meets I've attended in DC. It was a welcome break. You guys are awesome, and I hope you have many more successful meets in future!

Sep 26, 2015 at 10:49 PM Post #14 of 260
  Ha ha! @jibzilla was the guy with Stax and the Internet issues with Tidal. I'm the guy who was trying to get way from the HiFiMan HE-1000. Man those were like crack on the Liquid Carbon 
biggrin.gif

I TOLD you it was audio crack didn't I?! haha

Sep 26, 2015 at 10:59 PM Post #15 of 260

I TOLD you it was audio crack didn't I?! haha

The he1k was probably the only headphone I did not listen to. I owned one for a month and while I really enjoyed the sound, I found the build quality not up to the hd800. Sorry about the Tidal issues. I tried to fix it but after so many tries you just turn on the foobar 320kbps drum and bass. Not flac but not bad either. I will def. buy some tracks before the next meet, just been gear cycling allot. I feel like the gear cycling is coming to an end. Just gotta get a sr-009. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back