Music City Meet #2 -- Fall 2014 -- Pics & Impressions Thread
Jan 27, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #331 of 369
I am looking forward to listening to your T1, I really liked thos in September!!!

i guess you're assuming mine won't be there  
rolleyes.gif

Jan 27, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #332 of 369
Well, Jay that's almost two and half months from now. You might have had and traded an HE1000 or two by then:flushed:!

Jan 27, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #333 of 369
Well, Jay that's almost two and half months from now. You might have had and traded an HE1000 or two by then:flushed:!

2 and 1/2 months ! that is an eternity !!

Jan 27, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #334 of 369
Have any of you heard the Beyerdynamic T90? I have an offer for a T90 with a realSound copper cable. Thoughts?

Jan 27, 2015 at 7:25 PM Post #335 of 369
I have forgotten to mention, I use my computer for a source, and I have no real alternative source. Do some of you bring extra tablets or something like that? I would just need something to plug usb into really. And if you have any suggestions on something cheap that could be a decent wifi source with a usb port, I am all ears.

edit: Let me clarify, that would mean basically a tablet type of thingy. I can't justify spending anything on something solely for audio.

Jan 27, 2015 at 9:21 PM Post #339 of 369
  Cool, that should be good enough. I will bring some tingy tings on a usb tingy.

You don't have to have your own setup, just bring HP's and get ready for some fun

He was joking.  We all think Theo's tablet is a semi-functioning spawn of Satan.  On a good day.  
evil_smiley.gif

Matt likes to give him a hard time about it.

biggrin.gif

Jan 27, 2015 at 9:40 PM Post #340 of 369
Ok, my lineup changed today, my Alpha Dogs are headed to the Great a White North, along with the Vanquish Cable.

Heading South is an Apex Glacier and funds for a new headphone :smirk:!!!!

Jan 27, 2015 at 10:13 PM Post #341 of 369
Sounds like a great match for your new T1....just sayn'

You, sir, are an instigator of trouble. I'm onto you... Although I do like the sound of "my T1".
atsmile.gif

Ha! He's gotcha there, Jay buddy!!

Have any of you heard the Beyerdynamic T90? I have an offer for a T90 with a realSound copper cable. Thoughts?

I got to hear them briefly at a meet in Atlanta. Thought they sounded pretty good, not as bright as I was expecting, but probably a bit brighter than normal. These were really brief impressions from a meet a while ago though, so feel free to give them very little credence. :wink:

I have forgotten to mention, I use my computer for a source, and I have no real alternative source. Do some of you bring extra tablets or something like that? I would just need something to plug usb into really. And if you have any suggestions on something cheap that could be a decent wifi source with a usb port, I am all ears.

edit: Let me clarify, that would mean basically a tablet type of thingy. I can't justify spending anything on something solely for audio.

We'll have several sources there, especially if your USB DAC works with Android. (I'm a big nerd and have several Android phones and tablets). What you don't know, however, is the portal to hell you just opened in this conversation...
frown.gif

Theo has a nice tablet that you can borrow. 
wink.gif

Many, many vile vituperatives have just been hurled in your general vicinity, Matt. May all your music sound like Bieber through Beats henceforth and forevermore.

You know, I literally got my week-long vacation request prior to the meeting in today, and I did it in large part due to that @#%^%$#@#$%^%$#@#$% situation at the last meet. It wasn't the tablet's fault; it was the septuple-damned USB hub, which I have still not dreamed up a suitable punishment for. Dante was wrong; there's one more level of hell for inanimate objects that don't do the very thing they were explicitly created to do....

*Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep breath*

And I still wanna kill that hub. Anybody have a spare Valium or 9?

Jan 27, 2015 at 10:34 PM Post #343 of 369
  But...what's wrong with the Beiber? It's baby, baby, baby...oooooooooooooooooohhhhhhh. 

Keep it up. Imma send a bunch of huge, heavy boxes labelled "Matt's New Speakers" to your house... We'll see who's laughing THEN!!!!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 27, 2015 at 10:56 PM Post #344 of 369
Keep it up. Imma send a bunch of huge, heavy boxes labelled "Matt's New Speakers" to your house... We'll see who's laughing THEN!!!! :veryevil:

I wish I still had my 8' tall SoundLabs, imagine asking Mrs. Matt to "please sign here for your new Speakers Ma'am" :skull:

Jan 28, 2015 at 5:58 PM Post #345 of 369
So do people bring their DACs and Amps to these kind of things to demo headphones with, or how exactly does a meet up work in general? Also, I'm a little behind in this thread, as in I haven't read the last few pages. Is there a concrete date yet? As an aside: I'm enjoying my E10K so far. I haven't really done any direct comparisons with the headphone jack of my Macbook Air or my iPod Touch (my only other sources), and my ears aren't exactly the most discerning, but my M50x seem to sound pretty good with this little mid-fi rig I have going. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back