MSN article: Why Skullcandy Is SO Hot
Apr 24, 2009 at 9:15 PM Post #31 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by K_19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Off topic, but this .gif came into my mind immediately when I read the topic title:

dztob9.jpg

Too bad Skullcandies don't go together with her lip sync.
biggrin.gif

omg.

that's awesome. I think it moved.

Apr 24, 2009 at 9:33 PM Post #32 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evshrug /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just looked up the highest priced Skullcandy I could find on amazon (MSRP $79?), and I found this confidence-inspiring "product description"

Quote:

Product Description
Add the Skullcandy Ti DJ style headset to your collection of high-end toys. The Ti is fashioned with 41mm titanium drivers, giving you super fast high-end response.

Product Description
Titanium drivers and unique detailing make the TI headphone a cut above. Every gourmet understands that food tastes better when it's made with quality ingredients. Even something as simple as a peanut butter sandwich tastes better without hair from a public shower drain on it.

Ohhhhhhhhh, and the misleading, non-sequitur, FTW! That's how you sell a product to a bunch of naive, adolescent, male, pop-culture, brats... just add titanium.

Apr 24, 2009 at 9:48 PM Post #33 of 68
Shouldn't the drivers be made of neodymium? Anyways, don't some speaker drivers have titanium in them? So, they are in the wrong market.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 24, 2009 at 11:22 PM Post #34 of 68
Okay, I've actually wondered if there is "titanium" in the newer Koss supra-aural headphones (ksc 50, 75, vs the black 35), or if it just refers to the silver color on the outside of the newer ksc models.

Apr 24, 2009 at 11:28 PM Post #35 of 68
Surprisingly, there is no mention or sight of their engineering department anywhere to be seen in the video?
confused_face_2.gif

Apr 24, 2009 at 11:35 PM Post #36 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by thechungster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Another quick Google search says that she was actually saying "The people are so hungry"

After which she said "Let them eat cake"
and to make it more relevant to this thread.

"and Skullcandy for all!"

beerchug.gif

Apr 25, 2009 at 12:05 AM Post #38 of 68
Come to think of it, she does kind of resemble something of an aging **** star...

EDIT: What, since when has the word **** been classified as vulgar? seems the forum automatically censored the word with stars.

EDIT 2: there it goes again, even if I use a zero... ok here, "PR0N"... let's see if it takes now.

EDIT 3: yep, Pr0n works...

"my psusy is so hot."

^_^ teehee

Apr 25, 2009 at 12:16 AM Post #39 of 68
No. Just no.

Apr 25, 2009 at 1:31 AM Post #41 of 68
MSN = marketing, not actual comparisons.

We can take all of the skullcandy and microsoft bashing and roll it all into one gigantic ball of hate and rage! I think they call that a katamari?

Also, MSN has just won a nomination for head-fi troll of the year! Congratulations!

Apr 25, 2009 at 1:44 AM Post #42 of 68
Curiously enough, today at work a co-worker sent me an email with a link to the above. She knows I'm a headphone freak.

At first, I thought "what is this?"

Then when I clicked on the link, well, I quickly went back to banking as usual. I was going to reply, ranting about what Skullcandy really is, but she doesn't know any better. She is ignorant on the topic. At least she instantly thought of me and sent me the link...

Apr 25, 2009 at 2:10 AM Post #43 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1117 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Curiously enough, today at work a co-worker sent me an email with a link to the above. She knows I'm a headphone freak.

At first, I thought "what is this?"

Then when I clicked on the link, well, I quickly went back to banking as usual. I was going to reply, ranting about what Skullcandy really is, but she doesn't know any better. She is ignorant on the topic. At least she instantly thought of me and sent me the link...

Just send her a well mannered email stating why Skullcandy is bad. Doens't have to be a rant and she'll be better for it. Really. You know just thank her for the link etc...

Apr 25, 2009 at 2:17 AM Post #44 of 68
Nah.

I have other plans. I will take some "weird looking cans" to work on Monday (RS1, or GS1000), and tell her to listen to a song or two...
smily_headphones1.gif

I was planning on taking a pair anyway since some people want to know just what I mean by audiophile headphones.

Apr 25, 2009 at 2:59 AM Post #45 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Skullcandy is a category defined produce of high end headphones"

wut

Maybe a result of using speech recognition software whilst eating one of those simple peanut butter sandwiches? Crunchy bass, creamy mids, cholesterol highs, something like that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back