MSN article: Why Skullcandy Is SO Hot
Apr 24, 2009 at 5:50 PM Post #16 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by moogoob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Iron Man themed HD280s!!!!
biggrin.gif

Grado SR80s with Arc Reactors for earcups!

Man, I should be in merchandising.

nokia_headphones_ironman.jpg

biggrin.gif

Apr 24, 2009 at 6:25 PM Post #17 of 68
I think the real secret is their "core market" is so baked they don't have a clue how stupid those headphones look.
Skull Candy is like a clearing house for the worst industrial designs on the market.

Apr 24, 2009 at 6:55 PM Post #18 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bengt77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sorry to rain on your parade, but Paris Hilton is not hot.
redface.gif

I was not referring to her; I was referring to her, referring to Stark Industries. She came up with the "that's hot" expression, so that's why I evoke her image here... I'm surprise I had to explain this.

Apr 24, 2009 at 7:06 PM Post #22 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by thechungster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Google.
beerchug.gif
Well it's one of those Nokia concept headphones they do for their adverts I think.

ah, lol-- I was about to say; if someone whipped that up just for this post then they'd have some mad photoshop skeeeeelz... like those snowboarders and their wicked headphone designs.

Apr 24, 2009 at 7:27 PM Post #23 of 68
Quote:

nokia_headphones_ironman.jpg

biggrin.gif

Tacky, but you have to admit... amazing. What keywords did you use to google this thing?!

P.S. I did a quick photoshop of a set of cans once in response to an april fool's post, but it was no where near as radical... I made a pink pair of AKG 701s, lol

Apr 24, 2009 at 7:48 PM Post #24 of 68
Off topic, but this .gif came into my mind immediately when I read the topic title:

dztob9.jpg

Too bad Skullcandies don't go together with her lip sync.
biggrin.gif

Apr 24, 2009 at 7:59 PM Post #26 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oggranak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not sure that's within the decency limits of this board, but I found it funny.
tongue_smile.gif

I was originally going to edit the probably controversial bits with a headphone with the same name, but honestly cannot think of a headphone that rhymes with.... yeah.
tongue.gif

Just something random that popped to my head when I saw "so hot". Not sure of the tolerance level with such material in this forum so if mods delete it, I'll know for the future. Meant as a little humour of course. Nothing more.

Anyways, okay, back to the Skullcandies... that are SO hot.

Apr 24, 2009 at 8:05 PM Post #27 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evshrug /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tacky, but you have to admit... amazing. What keywords did you use to google this thing?!

P.S. I did a quick photoshop of a set of cans once in response to an april fool's post, but it was no where near as radical... I made a pink pair of AKG 701s, lol

I searched in "Ironman headphones" Also lol at Palin

Apr 24, 2009 at 8:08 PM Post #28 of 68
I just looked up the highest priced Skullcandy I could find on amazon (MSRP $79?), and I found this confidence-inspiring "product description"
Quote:

Product Description
Add the Skullcandy Ti DJ style headset to your collection of high-end toys. The Ti is fashioned with 41mm titanium drivers, giving you super fast high-end response.

Product Description
Titanium drivers and unique detailing make the TI headphone a cut above. Every gourmet understands that food tastes better when it's made with quality ingredients. Even something as simple as a peanut butter sandwich tastes better without hair from a public shower drain on it.

yeaaaaaaaaaah... trying too hard to be cool or socially awkward? YOU BE THE JUDGE!
biggrin.gif

Apr 24, 2009 at 8:20 PM Post #29 of 68
Quote:

I searched in "Ironman headphones" Also lol at Palin

ok, douyee @ me, lol. And I'm staring at Palin to see what she could have possibly been saying... I just keep seeing what it says there, lol.

I'm not saying she's ugly, but I don't think she's hot. Besides her... controversial beliefs and policies, I think the public's focus on her looks/ child-raising/ creationism are an indication of why the US isn't ready for a female president. Vilify her for what she'd do, not what she looks like!

Apr 24, 2009 at 8:35 PM Post #30 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evshrug /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ok, douyee @ me, lol. And I'm staring at Palin to see what she could have possibly been saying... I just keep seeing what it says there, lol.

I'm not saying she's ugly, but I don't think she's hot. Besides her... controversial beliefs and policies, I think the public's focus on her looks/ child-raising/ creationism are an indication of why the US isn't ready for a female president. Vilify her for what she'd do, not what she looks like!

Another quick Google search says that she was actually saying "The people are so hungry"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back