MS-2 (MS-2i) appreciation thread
Apr 11, 2012 at 11:27 PM Post #436 of 512

Quote:
Just got a pair of the MS2i's. I love them, they sound so crisp, clean and overall amazing, I can tell this love affair is going to last a very long time. 

I was going to bump this thread today proclaiming my love for them too, haha. Have yet to find anything I like better, for what I listen to, these are bliss. 

Apr 22, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #437 of 512

Quote:
I was going to bump this thread today proclaiming my love for them too, haha. Have yet to find anything I like better, for what I listen to, these are bliss. 

I completely agree. I can't even listen to music through anything else, it makes me wonder about what I'm missing out on! 
wink_face.gif

May 29, 2012 at 3:01 AM Post #439 of 512
[size=x-small]there's only one version of the MS-2 up on the Alessandro sight right now.  am i right in assuming it's the MS-2i?[/size]

[size=x-small]Music Series Two[/size][size=x-small] w/1/4" plug - $299.00[/size]

[size=x-small]http://www.alessandro-products.com/main.php?p=headphones[/size]

May 29, 2012 at 3:30 AM Post #440 of 512
I just bought an MS2 with some store credit I had at a store selling these. I wonder how it will stack up against my MS Pro. Might do a little comparison here when they come in the mail and have had some time with them.

May 29, 2012 at 4:20 AM Post #442 of 512
Quote: Yes, despite the picture it is the new version.
@ProjectDenz: I prefer the MS2 to the MS Pro myself, pro was a bit too polite for me.[/quote]

I didn't find the Pro too polite for my tastes. You must love a really aggressive and engaging sound signature. Haha, that's what I'm hoping to find in the MS2 anyways.

May 29, 2012 at 4:27 AM Post #443 of 512
Quote:

I didn't find the Pro too polite for my tastes. You must love a really aggressive and engaging sound signature. Haha, that's what I'm hoping to find in the MS2 anyways.

I too find the MSPro too polite 
wink.gif

I listen to mostly metal, hardrock and prog.
The Magnum V4 woody strikes the right balance between aggressiveness and politeness IMO...

May 29, 2012 at 4:41 AM Post #444 of 512

I just bought an MS2 with some store credit I had at a store selling these. I wonder how it will stack up against my MS Pro. Might do a little comparison here when they come in the mail and have had some time with them.

I find the MS2 the best 'middle ground' for me, the guitars are nice and up front which I like. MS Pro and V4 were even a bit too bassy for me.

I also prefer them to the 325i, which were so bright and sibilant to me I could barely listen for 10 minutes. RS1i is kind of a mix between ms2 and ms pro, but I still like the ms2 more.

May 29, 2012 at 4:53 AM Post #445 of 512
Ahhh I see why you guys think the Pro is too polite. I can see why metal lovers would love the MS2 sound signature more than the MS Pro.

I'm not really a metal fan, classic rock is more in my domain which is why I like the Pro quite a lot.

May 30, 2012 at 12:35 AM Post #446 of 512
think i need me some:

Jun 6, 2012 at 1:13 AM Post #447 of 512
just ordered the MS-2i through the Alessandro site.  looking forward to a shipment from the Hound Dog Corp!

Jun 6, 2012 at 1:25 AM Post #448 of 512
Sounds good, they are the sweet spot in the Alessandro line up in terms of price/performance. Maybe you should order some Sennheiser HD414 pads as well? I like using the MS2 with the HD414 pads quarter modded as it can sound very bright on the bowls. Plus the HD414 pads are much more comfy.

Jun 6, 2012 at 2:21 AM Post #449 of 512
I've decided that the MS2i is a much safer buy than a 325i, though it's so much harder to find it on the FS forum. :[ I started my days on head-fi with a SR-60i purchase, and want to make this my second full-sized!

Jun 6, 2012 at 7:23 AM Post #450 of 512
The MS2i are just unrelenting with sibilant songs and can be very fatiguing with said sibilant songs, especially with the bowl pads. My quarter modded HD414 pads fixes this issue quite considerably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back